Give the money to Foles

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
you >? :D

rowan-atkinsons-johnny-english.jpg

Haha, that's probably a bit closer to how I looked actually.

Flamma

Reaction score
You sure it more Belicheat and not Brady ?

I think it is. Don't go by what he did previously, people can often learn from their mistakes. How much better do you think Brady is than Aaron Rogers? Now look at what each have achieved. It's not even close. And the Patriots did it with rosters I would consider not that dynamic. What is going on in New England goes well beyond Brady. Could they have done it without Brady? Probably not. But I think any elite QB would have had the same success in New England. It's just Brady that happens to be there.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
lmao foles? Dak isn't the reason we lost. The rams are.When you can shut down the run and THEN run for 10 yards a pop all night, you should win.They deserve it and we need to stop pointing fingers. We have work to do in the trenches in the offseason. It was woeful.
They out game planned us big time. We have the talent to beat the Rams, not the coaching. I like Dak, but he was part of the reason we lost, but the coaching was the biggest part.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Agree. I like Foles but Dam and getting a dt...and a safety would be best
I like Dak, we needed him and the offense to step up, but they didn’t. I put a lot of that on Garrett and Linehan though. The D played lousy, but they kept us in the game vs a very good offense. The Ram’s D is average at best and our O struggled mightily against them.
Dak should have run a QB sneak to convert the 4th and 1. It was WIDE open!

Birdgang

Reaction score
I like Dak, we needed him and the offense to step up, but they didn’t. I put a lot of that on Garrett and Linehan though. The D played lousy, but they kept us in the game vs a very good offense. The Ram’s D is average at best and our O struggled mightily against them.
Dak should have run a QB sneak to convert the 4th and 1. It was WIDE open!

There was that injury report that popped up. I mentioned during game , maybe something is wrong and hence reason why Dak was not running like normal ... even when he had 20 yards of open space for that first

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
And nobody will brother. I however did change my mind about Gregory though. I used to think he was a lost cause but he did all right this year.

Hey Dak has a chance to change people minds. All he has to do is improve some of the things that are wrong with him this off season and then perform come September. Hopefully, things will go well and everyone will be happy with Dak, and we stop the trend of having a good year following by a horrible year in this organization.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
You want me to focus on his almost pick sixes, that never happened. While ignoring the actual throws and plays, he made to help win games. And give us the division 2 out of the last 3 seasons. I won't complain about lucky bounces of the ball that go our way. Just like most fans aren't going to complain or fixate on the almost turnover their QBs threw, especially in games where their team wins. :laugh:

Did we win the Rams game?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Foles did too, fortunately for them the defense dropped them, but it's convenient to forget about those.

Nick Foles served up a gift wrapped pick six and two consecutive playoff games that both got dropped? Guess I missed that one

It’s amazing the stories you hear from the same people who constantly complain about “made up” criticisms of Dak

BoysForLife

Reaction score
It has nothing with disagreeing with me. Look the stats up yourself and try to push your same bs agenda.

So in other words you made a blanket statement that you can’t back up with actual truth Or provable facts

No wonder you fit in well with the hard-core Prescott supporters. You can defend Dak by using the same unprovable blanket statement methodology that you employ to condemn his critics

Dak has “it”
You can’t measure his “intangibles”
He has “leadership”

Etc

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So... has anybody changed any minds yet?

I think I'm going to have a waffle for breakfast instead of granola.

Nick Foles served up a gift wrapped pick six and two consecutive playoff games that both got dropped? Guess I missed that one

It’s amazing the stories you hear from the same people who constantly complain about “made up” criticisms of Dak

There are concerns with Dak, but an individual play here or there isn’t a basis for it. If a person were to cherry pick plays with any QB they could make a QB look bad - or make him look great.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I think it is. Don't go by what he did previously, people can often learn from their mistakes. How much better do you think Brady is than Aaron Rogers? Now look at what each have achieved. It's not even close. And the Patriots did it with rosters I would consider not that dynamic. What is going on in New England goes well beyond Brady. Could they have done it without Brady? Probably not. But I think any elite QB would have had the same success in New England. It's just Brady that happens to be there.
QBs get way too much credit and blame. Coaching is very important eating the playoffs.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I think I'm going to have a waffle for breakfast instead of granola.

There are concerns with Dak, but an individual play here or there isn’t a basis for it. If a person were to cherry pick plays with any QB they could make a QB look bad - or make him look great.

It is much different to cherry pick plays to make a quarterback look bad when such plays never happened

So, let’s make sure we get this straight. Did Nick Foles serve up a gift wrapped pick six in 2 straight playoff games, both of which got dropped?

That’s the charge that was made and I’m still waiting for confirmation

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Nope, just like Foles didn't win the Saints game. You pointed out Dak's almost INTs. When Foles threw INTs, in back to back playoff games this season.

But you said we shouldn’t be concerned about Prescott “almost” interceptions in games that we won

You admit that we didn’t win the Rams game. And I’m still trying to figure out what that has to do with New Orleans versus Philadelphia

In an effort to defend Dak Prescott, you seem very interested in talking about anything except Dak Prescott

Quite telling

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
But you said we shouldn’t be concerned about Prescott “almost” interceptions in games that we won

You admit that we didn’t win the Rams game. And I’m still trying to figure out what that has to do with New Orleans versus Philadelphia

In an effort to defend Dak Prescott, you seem very interested in talking about anything except Dak Prescott

Quite telling

The subject in this thread is about how money should be given to Foles, correct? So, I figured I would compare the two.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
The subject in this thread is about how money should be given to Foles, correct? So, I figured I would compare the two.

And to be honest that’s a fair point

The reason I’m so enamored with Foles Is because there is zero doubt in my mind that Philadelphia wouldn’t have sniffed the Super Bowl last year, and most likely would not have made the playoffs this year, had Foles not been inserted into the starting lineup

When you get a guy who has an obvious impact like that two straight years, I’m sitting here scratching my head as to why the Eagles don’t want him

I will concede that it is in unprovable opinion For me to say that I am certain Nick Foles would win a Super Bowl in Dallas

But I saw him win one in Philadelphia with a team that top to bottom is not as good as the team we have right now

In an honest comparison, I would give an edge to the Dallas offensive line, Running backs, Linebackers and secondary. I would give the edge to Philadelphia on the defensive line And tight end

I would call the wide receivers a wash

When Carson Wentz went down last year, everyone thought their season was over. Not only did they not miss a beat they actually got better once Nick Foles became the starter

That’s all I need to see

No disrespect Prescott intended even though I am a critic of his. But I want that guy. I think with him under center our offense would be near unstoppable

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

The reason I’m so enamored with Foles Is because there is zero doubt in my mind that Philadelphia wouldn’t have sniffed the Super Bowl last year, and most likely would not have made the playoffs this year, had Foles not been inserted into the starting lineup

When you get a guy who has an obvious impact like that two straight years, I’m sitting here scratching my head as to why the Eagles don’t want him

I will concede that it is in unprovable opinion For me to say that I am certain Nick Foles would win a Super Bowl in Dallas

But I saw him win one in Philadelphia with a team that top to bottom is not as good as the team we have right now

In an honest comparison, I would give an edge to the Dallas offensive line, Running backs, Linebackers and secondary. I would give the edge to Philadelphia on the defensive line And tight end

When Carson Wentz went down last year, everyone thought their season was over. Not only did they not miss a beat they actually got better once Nick Foles became the starter

That’s all I need to see

No disrespect Prescott intended even though I am a critic of his. But I want that guy. I think with him under center our offense would be near unstoppable

Well, I would have said that before Cooper, Philly had the better overall WR corp over us. Now, if Gallup can keep getting better, then him and Cooper could make for a dangerous number one and number 2 WR duo, which might give the edge to us when it comes to who has the better WR corp, between the two teams. And I would give the edge to us, when it comes to defensive talent, even though Philly had a solid defense when they won the Superbowl.

I believe Foles just fits the Philly offensive system better than Wentz does, for some reason. And even if he came here, it would still require a coaching staff who knew how to utilize him. And Philly for sure has the edge over us when it comes to head coaching and OC.

erod

Reaction score
Foles would be a scary commitment. He's all over the map.

However, in the meantime, the Cowboys face having a disadvantage at QB in virtually every game they'll play going forward. It's hard to coach around that.

Having a great defense and running game is awesome, but eventually, you need your QB to just take over early in a game and win it himself. That isn't what we have.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

That’s all I need to see

All that is fair, but I think the more important bit to compare is the coaches. Yes, Foles was terrific, but do you not think that Pederson changed the offence around a bit to better fit what he saw as strengths for Nick Foles? Do you think that Jason Garrett and Scot Linehan can do that? That's the more important question if we're going to make that move. I'm all for giving Dak competition and all if the right chap is available. I like Dak. I think he's a solid QB for us. However, I'm never against an upgrade if we can get a legitimate one. However, we also have to take the coaches into account when doing that. Playerwise, yes, we might be fine with Foles. However, coaching wise, I don't think so, in large part because he was absolutely disastrous with Jeff Fisher. While Fisher is not a very good coach, my opinion, as stated, is that Linehan and Garrett are worse. So, that is my biggest reservation in terms of whether or not to make any moves for Foles.