Give the money to Foles

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Absolutely sad. The defense was a piece of junk last night. Couldn’t stop the run or get any pressure. The offense was also trash. But nobody wants to talk about it

Bingo

From the Rams scoring about 4:00 to go in 2nd quarter to go up 20-7, they only had one field goal until their final TD with about 6:00 left.

That's almost an entire half of football where the Rams only managed 3 points.
That was our chance to get back in it and take control of the game.

Too many 3 and outs. Best pass Dak threw during that stretch was the one that hit Ebukam right in the numbers.
Thank goodness he dropped it.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Of course, he was part of the reason they were a 3-5 team. I like Dak, and I would like to think he can take the team all the way, but it would take burying our heads in the sand to not realize there are real doubts about whether he is quite that level. I thought he had a good game Saturday though, he just didn't get help from the running game that is at the core of the offense, or from the defense.
That’s on the coaches for not designing QB runs. Dak is in a catch 22 where he could do more but if he does it may cost him going against these coaches plans.

It’s why tony always defied the coaches they paid him back with throwing him under the bus for a rookie who just won 4 out of 5 games

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
If we don't replace Dak, we all have a few bitter years ahead of us. Not just Pappy

Yet,this team has no plans to replace Garrett or Linehan and we think Foles, who has struggled under Fisher, will be guaranteed to thrive under Garrett/Liinehan whose coaching and playcalling is far inferior to Pederson and the offensive system that allowed Foles to have success in Philly

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Terrible idea do go after Foles. He’s basically Fitzpatrick. He can give you 4 or 5 good games but over the course of the season he’s no better than Dak. Plus he’s an older guy. He’s the new Matt Cassel.

Maybe Cassel, Fitzpatrick, and Foles can get together and compare Super Bowl Rings.

Look--I get it if you think Foles isn't the answer. I don't agree but I'll listen to that and discuss.
But to compare Foles to Cassel and Fitzpatrick?
Foles was electric last year and basically saved Philly's season this year.

He bears no comparison to either one of those guys. If Wentz didn't get hurt, Philly most likely doesn't win a title. That's how impactful Foles was.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right. Guy doesn't like Dak, he's a "miserable troll"

Go to the other threads trashing everyone else in the organization from the O line, to Heath, to the "putrid" defense, to Linehan, to Garrett etc, and that's just being a good conscientious fan.

but if you want Dak gone, you're not tolerated.

Good grief. Get the hell over yourself. People have different opinions. State your case, to the extent taht you have one.

With PAPPY it's not that he isn't a fan of Dak's that is the problem - there are a lot of fans that feel that way. It's that he goes to ridiculous, nonsensical and illogical lengths to express it and justify it. He's not above just flat making things up, or twisting even the most insignificant thing into an exaggerated, melodramatic issue. That's what differentiates him from other posters who simply talk about Dak not reading defenses as well as needed or his footwork or other legitimate points of discussion.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yet,this team has no plans to replace Garrett or Linehan and we think Foles, who has struggled under Fisher, will be guaranteed to thrive under Garrett/Liinehan whose coaching and playcalling is far inferior to Pederson and the offensive system that allowed Foles to have success in Philly

Can Foles hit a wide open receiver 3 steps behind his coverage?

If he can, then he'll have more success in Dallas than the current positional occupant.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I think Foles would be a good fit for this office, but I highly doubt the Eagles will let him get away. I think they're going to make him their number 1 and then try to get a King's ransom for Wentz.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I like Foles so it is hard to not agree somewhat. BUT, you really think the Eagles are just going to let him walk out the building as a free agent? The will ask a kings ransom for him, bank it. I wouldn't blame them, heck I would trade Wentz for a couple 1st and make Foles my number 1.
No they won't because it's NOT up to the Egals. Foles is leaving for a starting QB position. There are plenty positions available in the league and the Gnats have already been rumored to have interest in Foles. He played his last game as an Egal.

garyv

Reaction score
Jerry do not invest in Dak!!!!
You and all Cowboys fans will get more for the buck giving that new 20+ million contract picking up a Proven talented QB esp come playoff time in Mr. Foles.
Giving a franchise contract waiting for Dak to grow (Not going to happen lacks the Talent) is gonna be Jerry biggest mistake since the Jimmy divorce.....
Picking up Foles or any other more qualified QB will go a long way bringing this young team of ours to Glory land......

P.S. All I saw yesterday was a replay of the Green Bay playoff loss of 2 years ago as ......Dak could not make the plays when needed in a shootout game!!!!

Wasted thread because it ain't happening no reason to even discuss it

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s on the coaches for not designing QB runs. Dak is in a catch 22 where he could do more but if he does it may cost him going against these coaches plans.

It’s why tony always defied the coaches they paid him back with throwing him under the bus for a rookie who just won 4 out of 5 games

I disagree, not necessarily that a few more runs might be beneficial, but that designing QB runs is the overriding issue. They can tweak the running some, but no matter how you slice it, just as with other QBs, Dak will have to do most of his work throwing from the pocket. You also have to understand that part of the reason his runs are as effective as they are is because they aren't so frequent that defenses focus on stopping it.

The idea that Tony was consistently defying coaches isn't reality. He had the authority to change plays. Any quality NFL QB does. Sure he improvised occasionally, but that was far and away the exception. The reality is Romo actually participated in forming the game plan each week.

As for the coaches throwing him under the bus, that's pretty silly too. I understand if some believe Tony would have been the better choice, but it's nonsense to suggest there wasn't a strong argument for going with Dak given the way the team had peformed with Dak, and given that Romo has missed the overwhelming part of two seasons with injury. NFL teams can't "pay a player back" by continuing to use him no matter what.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Can Foles hit a wide open receiver 3 steps behind his coverage?

If he can, then he'll have more success in Dallas than the current positional occupant.

Foles being able to find an open receiver 3 yards behind coverage, hasn't helped out his career, much outside of Philly. As much as I believe that Foles is a better fit in the Philly system than Wentz is. He has yet to prove he can be consistently productive, outside of Philly and the offensive system they had build that allows Foles to play well. Foles has underthrown balls or threw up floaters, which made his WRs have to make great plays on the ball. The same types of not perfect throws, that Dak gets bashed for making.

Also, there were times in last night's game against the Saints, where an Eagles had a step or two on the DB and Foles missed the throw. Acting like Foles hasn't missed WRs that have their DBs beat.

Foles can thrive under the right coaching. But, we just found out today, how Linehan is staying. So, if Garrett/Linehan can't get past the divisional round with Romo, why do you believe that Foles will make a different result, under the same coaching that has failed to get past the divisional round?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
With PAPPY it's not that he isn't a fan of Dak's that is the problem - there are a lot of fans that feel that way. It's that he goes to ridiculous, nonsensical and illogical lengths to express it and justify it. .

Much the same as the sizeable contingent of sniffers does to defend the guy

Pappy doesn't demand equal time. Pappy is equal time. He's an entertaining alternative to the non stop barrage of "blame everyone but the guy who handles the ball on every single snap" tripe on this board every day.

Blame Linehan. Blame Garrett. Blame Looney. Blame Zeke. Blame the receivers who can't get open. Blame the refs. Blame La'el. Blame Tyron.

Pappy: "Hi Mr Prescott supporter, what are your thoughts about the numerous wide open receivers that Dak either didn't see, or made badly off target throws to?"

Sniffer: "Get another team troll."

I get we don't all agree. I Just get tired of people like Pappy getting hammered when he isn't alone. AT the end of the day here's what it comes down to for me:

When an opponent makes it patently obvious that they are willing to let your QB have single coverage and 10 yard cushions all game, in an effort to shut down Zeke, then you don't have a QB worth keeping.

The Rams had zero fear of losing that game, if they slowed Zeke down. Period. That's telling. That's a problem.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Foles can thrive under the right coaching. But, we just found out today, how Linehan is staying. So, if Garrett/Linehan can't get past the divisional round with Romo, why do you believe that Foles will make a different result, under the same coaching that has failed to get past the divisional round?

Becasue the team as a whole right now (QB position excepted) is better than what was surrounding Romo.
Particularly defensively. People complain a lot about LInehans scheme but there were tons of plays this year--big plays--that we all saw, that got left on teh table.

I'm not talking about the occasional bad throw or missed read that happens to every QB
I'm talking about repetitive, habitual, blown opportunities.

Way too many of them to blame "the system"

kskboys

Reaction score
With PAPPY it's not that he isn't a fan of Dak's that is the problem - there are a lot of fans that feel that way. It's that he goes to ridiculous, nonsensical and illogical lengths to express it and justify it. He's not above just flat making things up, or twisting even the most insignificant thing into an exaggerated, melodramatic issue. That's what differentiates him from other posters who simply talk about Dak not reading defenses as well as needed or his footwork or other legitimate points of discussion.
Spot on.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Much the same as the sizeable contingent of sniffers does to defend the guy

Pappy doesn't demand equal time. Pappy is equal time. He's an entertaining alternative to the non stop barrage of "blame everyone but the guy who handles the ball on every single snap" tripe on this board every day.

Blame Linehan. Blame Garrett. Blame Looney. Blame Zeke. Blame the receivers who can't get open. Blame the refs. Blame La'el. Blame Tyron.

Pappy: "Hi Mr Prescott supporter, what are your thoughts about the numerous wide open receivers that Dak either didn't see, or made badly off target throws to?"

Sniffer: "Get another team troll."

I get we don't all agree. I Just get tired of people like Pappy getting hammered when he isn't alone. AT the end of the day here's what it comes down to for me:

When an opponent makes it patently obvious that they are willing to let your QB have single coverage and 10 yard cushions all game, in an effort to shut down Zeke, then you don't have a QB worth keeping.

The Rams had zero fear of losing that game, if they slowed Zeke down. Period. That's telling. That's a problem.

The fact that you are using the word "sniffers" and going with the juvenile approach tells me you aren't any more inclined to have a reasonable discussion than he is. These imagined dramas serve no purpose.