Glad Dan Quinn's bad schemes are gone from Dallas

MyFairLady

Reaction score
My favorite part of the second play is watching Jayron Kearse go for a 15 yard joy ride courtesy of the RT. Rarely will you ever see someone provide less resistance.

He is such a good example of what is wrong with this team. When he first showed up he was broke and without a contract. He was an absolute terror and helped change the entire perception of this defense. He gets a decent 2 year deal and things immediately start to go down hill. By the end of last year he was so checked out you could barely see him. Does it matter to anyone? Honestly sometimes I feel like I am the only one who noticed and the only one who cared.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I have no doubt that you can find some plays where Green Bay completely out schemed us but IMHO those two plays are not it. You swap coaching staffs and we still lose. Our players won almost no match ups all day long. The beat down was of epic proportions and was complete in every way.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
I wish what you are saying is true I just don't believe that is the case anymore. Players need to be help accountable by the other players. IMHO you best players need to be the team leaders. Young players will only buy in if they see that the stars are all in 100%. Start there. Get some good young minds in to coach them up and game plan. Basically the opposite of what we do every year. Zimmer can not lead this team. He simply can not. It will be 100% on guys like Parsons and Lawrence and Diggs. Guys who have already proven that they have no interest what so ever in being that guy.
this is why we need new players. D Flaw as you put, can be the first to go with his tired ***

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Dan Quinn is a good coordinator and did a very good job overall in Dallas. He had a terrible last game and his scheme had some flaws but we were lucky to have him here.

Hopefully Zimmer can fix and improve upon certain areas like stopping the run etc.
I don't know, I don't feel lucky at all that we had him.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
How did Kellen Moore do with the Chargers?
Good enough to be immediately hired by the Eagles.

Moore's offense in Dallas was second in the entire NFL. Only the Chiefs were better- but people want to scapegoat Moore, and not the turnover prone QB that needed a dumbed down scheme.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Anyone else notice we keep changing coordinators and schemes on each side of the ball but nothing really changes?
You did not notice a change from hen Quinn began and when he left? You did not notice any changes in the offense last year?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Good enough to be immediately hired by the Eagles.

Moore's offense in Dallas was second in the entire NFL. Only the Chiefs were better- but people want to scapegoat Moore, and not the turnover prone QB that needed a dumbed down scheme.
How did the Kellen Moore Chargers offense do in 2023?

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Dan Quinn is a good coordinator and did a very good job overall in Dallas. He had a terrible last game and his scheme had some flaws but we were lucky to have him here.

Hopefully Zimmer can fix and improve upon certain areas like stopping the run etc.
Agreed. I see no reason to dump on the man now that he is gone.

I'm hoping Zimmer can expand on the success that the defense had most of last year.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2020 points allowed per game 28th

Dan Quinn takes over
2021 7th
2022 5th
2023 5th
Defensive points scored: 43 1st

Yeah, can't wait till we play
him next year!!
He sucks!!
Think he just might know how to rattle our QB?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2020 points allowed per game 28th

Dan Quinn takes over
2021 7th
2022 5th
2023 5th
Defensive points scored: 43 1st

Yeah, can't wait till we play
him next year!!
He sucks!!
Think he just might know how to rattle our QB?
Is that a trick question? Because it does not take very much to rattle #4, unless he is playing scrubs.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I don't know, I don't feel lucky at all that we had him.
Then I’d say there’s probably a good chance you’re a disgruntled fan whose jaded by anything the team does anyways (even the good moves) - a blame jerry for everything or we will never win with jerry guy (same applies with dak).

Quinn came here and the defense immediately improved. He brought guys like Kearse who were jags elsewhere and made them into productive solid players. He generated turnovers at high clips and got the players to play hard. Players wanted to come here to play for him- guys like Wagner who the front office passed on which made him lean heavily into nickel and 3 safety situations.

Beyond that he got Nfl head coaching interviews every year and this year multiple teams wanted to at least hear from him. He’s not a perfect coordinator and his scheme had flaws and warts like stopping the run but as a coordinator he’s one of the better guys you can have.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
If only you understood how to read a bad scheme. When players repeatedly are told to slant a certain way or cover a certain way, it's definitely a scheme issue.
I mean, you're 100% assuming you have any idea what they were told to do in those instances...but okay.

Not saying the scheme in GB wasn't terrible, but this is a very odd video to use to try and illustrate that.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Don't agree at all. But I guess we will see this season. You think Dallas D will be worse this year than last?
Yes I do. I think on the defense our turnovers will go down, and ppg will go up. Honestly, depending on the FA and draft, I feel like this whole team will take a step back

Proof

Reaction score
DQ's D was the ultimate front runner D for this front runner team. He had multiple years to fix the run D. His solution was 180lb linebackers? Whiffing on Mazi hurt. But he had no answers.
he lost his mlb and his drafted lb and drafted a run stuffing dt lol. sometimes things just don't work out.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
me too, I hate all the turnovers and TDs the defense created while he was here. Good riddance loser.