Glenn "Stretch" very concerned with Dak accuracy

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Go to bed at 3:12 PM. Makes no sense whatsoever. You really are malfunctioning. I'd recommend getting a check up :thumbup:.
It doesn't make sense because your still developing brain isn't processing the information correctly due to lack of sleep. Probably eating way to much candy from your trick or treating a few days ago too.

So get your homework done and get to bed early and leave the candy alone tonight.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don't care about other QBs. I care about Dak and what I see from him is inaccuracy on easy passes all too often. The throws he misses on are not tough throws, which is the difference I see in he and most others. Yes, other QBs miss but they miss on tough throws, more time then not. Dak, for whatever reason, misses easy open throws. No idea why. Well, yes I do but, it's another discussion.

What about all the throws that are "On the money"? Who cares, he's supposed to throw passes that are on the money. That's why he is a QB in the NFL. Big deal.

Perhaps you should care about other QB’s. If you did you would realize he misses “easy” throws no more often than the large majority of QB’s in the NFL.

If you’re not going to compare Dak to other QB’s. It makes it easy to find faults with his throws.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I do too yet you mentioned Romo and Aikman saying well you can't compare because the game is different yet all I am doing to comparing him to those who play in this league now and Dak numbers are as good as any QB in the league. Elite? No but Dak is better than what his critics seem to think, defense have figured him out? BS, he can't throw deep BS all he does is dink and dunk BS he has knocked down a lot of the BS thrown his way. I'm not saying those are your feeling but what has been said often around here

I didn't start the comparison's to Romo or Aikman so no, that's not me. That's me saying you can't compare his completion percentage to the past and you know good and well that is what I was saying.

But fine, lets compare him to QBs of today. You see a lot of the best QBs in the game missing wide open passes every single game? I don't. This next stretch of games are going to tell us a lot.

I don't know how many times I have to say this. I don't care about what other QBs are doing. I care about our team and about Dak. I don't care if he is throwing 69% if he is missing wide open receivers for TDs. TOs are the most important stat in the game to me. You wanna talk about NFL numbers, well, he's tied for 5th in INTs. That's a step back for sure.

This business of horrible first half Offense is going to get us beat. I am not sure why this is happening but that's got to get fixed.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
He is not going to hit 100%and yes he has missed throws, I watched a lot of games and these others miss throws as well. They put the stats to get a view of overall play not 1 throw here or there but overall throws over the course of a game as well as the season. I'm not going to sit here and say Dak has not missed a throw or be late on a pass or not pick up a WR who may break open late but then I see that around the league. I think there is more Dak can learn and improve on but I do continue to see progress not digression
I watch a lot of football too. No argument with anything here. He has shown improvement and that is encouraging.

I'm anxious to see how he does against the better defenses he is going to see. I am not sold on him but he has given me hope.

They threw up a stat last night that he was 1-4, I think, might be off but its close, against top 10 defenses in the recent past. Obviously that has to change.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Perhaps you should care about other QB’s. If you did you would realize he misses “easy” throws no more often than the large majority of QB’s in the NFL.

If you’re not going to compare Dak to other QB’s. It makes it easy to find faults with his throws.

Good plan. Compare the QB you want to lead your team back to the top of the league to the bottom feeders so you can feel better about yourself.... errr I mean him.

Solid.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I don't believe this but if you have a stat that shows this, I'm willing to discuss it. More to the point, we aren't really talking about "Other QBs" are we? I mean, I've seen this said over and over and over, Dak is top 10 or 5 so what we are really talking about is the misses among the very best in the League right?

If you wanna care about other teams QBs, that's fine with me. I'm never going to do that. Why would I?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Highlights from Podcast:

* Dak feet & accuracy were not good. Missing alot of throws on field. Not seeing safety on 1st throw of game is a concern. Thinks contract situation has to be effecting him because he is not playing clean games.

* Connor Williams is improving each week.

* WR edge blocking is big part of running game success.

* Strength of team is running game & OL.

* Dallas didn't miss beat when Health left game due to injury. Thompson played physical.

* Byron Jones lacks the ball skills necessary to make play on ball.

* DL was dominant.

Who the heck is Glenn "stretch" and why would I care what he has to say?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dak was missing some last night. A number of talking heads have been commenting on it. Apparently Dak is back to being “just above average.”

I find it funny, not ha ha funny, that so many people take what some of these "talking heads" say as gospel who have never played the game but are self proclaimed experts on the sport. I will say that if there is a player that a person dislikes or hates they gobble up whatever these talking heads say because it agrees with their hatred.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don't believe this but if you have a stat that shows this, I'm willing to discuss it. More to the point, we aren't really talking about "Other QBs" are we? I mean, I've seen this said over and over and over, Dak is top 10 or 5 so what we are really talking about is the misses among the very best in the League right?

If you wanna care about other teams QBs, that's fine with me. I'm never going to do that. Why would I?

There are a ton of stats that point to Dak’s accuracy.

The point I’m making is. All QB’s do miss throws. You’re the one that inferred that Dak misses on easy throws more often than other QB’s with your post.

you stated “Yes, other QBs miss but they miss on tough throws, more time then not. Dak, for whatever reason, misses easy open throws.“

However, you made that assertion without actually offering any evidence to back that claim. Which is why I responded that perhaps you should compare him to other QB’s if you’re going to make that claim.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So because he didn't see the safety on the interception, his accuracy was off all night? There was many dropped balls and just about every throw was where it needed to be. Maybe the throw aways to the sideline when he was under pressure is what he is alluding to. Maybe what he is saying is that there was wide open WRs when he threw to other open WRs.

I watched that first play several times and here's what I saw that is kind of contrary to what the announcers said. Prescott threw it right into his belly but every time I watched it the safety jump in the air and got the ball. Would Prescott still would like to have that throw back, you bet ya but name ANY QB that hasn't had a similar type play.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
There are a ton of stats that point to Dak’s accuracy.

The point I’m making is. All QB’s do miss throws. You’re the one that inferred that Dak misses on easy throws more often than other QB’s with your post.

you stated “Yes, other QBs miss but they miss on tough throws, more time then not. Dak, for whatever reason, misses easy open throws.“

However, you made that assertion without actually offering any evidence to back that claim. Which is why I responded that perhaps you should compare him to other QB’s if you’re going to make that claim.

No, no, we are talking about accuracy stats. We are talking about missing wide open receivers or throwing poor passes to wide open receivers. I'm not inferring anything. I'm saying this happens, lets don't miss understand intent here. I'm not hiding from that at all. I am telling you that I don't care about craptastic QBs or even other teams QBs. I really only care about Dak. I didn't bring up the comparisons to other QBs, other posters did that. I'm was simply commenting on what I saw from Dak last night. So lets get down to it, yes, I see other QBs miss on more difficult throws but I don't see that with wide open receivers much. Most QBs hit wide open receivers. Dak, for whatever reason miss the wide open ones. Really weird. Now, you don't agree with this, that's fine. I know of no stat that tracks this so I can only tell you what I see, unless you have a stat to prove otherwise.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Highlights from Podcast:

* Dak feet & accuracy were not good. Missing alot of throws on field. Not seeing safety on 1st throw of game is a concern. Thinks contract situation has to be effecting him because he is not playing clean games.

* Connor Williams is improving each week.

* WR edge blocking is big part of running game success.

* Strength of team is running game & OL.

* Dallas didn't miss beat when Health left game due to injury. Thompson played physical.

* Byron Jones lacks the ball skills necessary to make play on ball.

* DL was dominant.

One guy did a really good video on Dak's accuracy. If I can find it, I'll post it. Basically, accuracy has never been his strong suit. He's compensated for that by being strong in many other areas. It is the one thing about him that gives me pause for offering him big money. This isn't a slam on Dak. I LOVE his work ethic, his attitude, durability, mobility, and how he's dedicated to improving. He's got a lot going for him. In that vid, the point was, he could manage to be accurate enough and receivers would have to adjust some to balls that would come to them, but not be perfectly placed. Dak doesn't seem to be able to place the ball in that perfect place where only his receiver can get it. It's a shortcoming, but the zillion dollar question is do we want to live with that by going with Dak because of all his other great qualities or do we want to hunt for someone better in the draft? I personally think it would be a mistake to pay him 30 mil or more. He's a good QB, not a great one. If he wants 30 mil or more, then I would rather draft a QB and take our chances. This team has drafted a QB in the first round twice. We could do it a third time. If Dak wants 25 mil, then I'm down with keeping him.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He had some really nice throws like the post to Cooper and the out to Gallup. There were several drops. He missed some throws and reads too.

He was hardly perfect but he was effective.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I saw throwing off back foot,using upper body and that tomahawk chop throwing motion....bad natural habit,and will not be corrected soon either. Takes a lot of correct repetitions to remove that habit.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson and other QBs constantly throw off balance, on their heels or with the wrong throwing technique..., yet no one criticizes them. The second Dak does it, oooh, the world is going to end for the Cowboys because Dak sucks... even though Dak still performed well.

GTHOH with this crap.

PS: Trolls should be banned!

SackMaster

Reaction score
No wonder it takes a "special type" of QB to survive in Dallas.

A player can be...
  1. Top 5 in the NFL in completion percentage (no apples to oranges comparisons due to "era")
  2. Top 3 in the NFL in Yards per Attempt (Tops among the Top 5 completion percentage leaders and not exactly Dinking and Dunking to have a high Comp%)
  3. Be Top 5 to Top 10 in almost, if not, every "advanced" completion percentage stat out there
  4. All while playing on a team that is battling for the league "lead" in the most dropped passes
And yet that player's accuracy and ability to be an NFL caliber QB, let alone a starting one or better, will be questioned on a DAILY basis.

Was Dak "great" against the Giants? No. But he was far better than average playing against a Division Rival that made last nights game out to be a REVENGE game. Make no mistake about it, the MNF game was way more meaningful for the Giants than it was for the Cowboys. Should it have been that way? No, the Cowboys should have came out playing with more fire. But it happens.

Seriously, with THIS fan base, the only positive to be the Cowboys QB is the money. And I suspect, even if a QB win a Super Bowl or two, I could easily see the FANS trying to run that guy out of town if he does not make deep playoff runs a couple of years in a row, even if it was not his fault (ie injuries, poor defense, other player turnovers, ect...).

All I have left to say is that I hope some of you hold yourselves to the same "near perfect" expectations in your own lives.

cern

Reaction score

I thought aikman was the worst deep ball passer ever. But everything else he threw was almost perfect. Dak just keeps getting better with all his passes.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He had some really nice throws like the post to Cooper and the out to Gallup. There were several drops. He missed some throws and reads too.

He was hardly perfect but he was effective.

About as far a post as I've read in this thread.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I thought aikman was the worst deep ball passer ever. But everything else he threw was almost perfect. Dak just keeps getting better with all his passes.

I agree, Troy was not a great deep ball thrower and it got worse as he got older but he was money with every other throw. The Troy out of UCLA could throw anything.