Glenn "Stretch" very concerned with Dak accuracy

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Good stats again, but I think people were really just talking about last nights games and just some off the throws he missed deep. Short to mid-range seemed fine.
From OP:
"Thinks contract situation has to be effecting him because he is not playing clean games."

Imagine how high his completion percentage would be if he were playing clean games.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Assessing a player in a vacuum without at least factoring in how they compare to other QB’s in the league, is also a waste of time.

and again. You are the one who compared him to other QB’s first and I was responding to that. Yet, you are now trying to claim that I am the one who is obsessed with making the comparison.

You made the comparison first.

You have to factor in how other QB’s compare to your QB. If you don’t, and you just see your own QB’s mistakes. You try to judge if you can win a Super Bowl or not. Well how can you make that judgment without knowing what else is out there at the position?

Most evaluations and judgments are made off of benchmarks. Made from points they can be compared to.

According to who, you? I know enough about Football to see what is good and bad about the play of the team. I don't need to compare it to other teams or players. If you need to do that, cool. I don't and if you are trying to tell me that I do, then I don't need you because I know that's not true.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Are you accounting for the 3 tip ints Cobb has and the 1 Amari has? Not all INTs are the QBs fault. The same is true for every other QB.

A few weeks ago dc.com had their mic'd up video and it had Dak telling amari not to rush the route because it'll be there all night. Amari agreed. Later in the same video You see Witten talking to either Schultz or Jarwin cant remember who telling him he has to get out on that route because the ball is there where its supposed to be. The Gb game. These are 2 of the 3 ints in that game and it brings the plays in question into context. As we as fan see the play and say Dak threw the ball behind Amari when in actuality Cooper rushed the route and Dak threw the ball to where the timing of the play should've been. And the other int in question Witten is there defending Dak and basically telling the TE he needs to get to the spot where he's supposed to be.

In your opinion. That is not my opinion Latin. Inaccurate passes create TO opportunities. That's just the truth.

HungryLion

Reaction score
According to who, you? I know enough about Football to see what is good and bad about the play of the team. I don't need to compare it to other teams or players. If you need to do that, cool. I don't and if you are trying to tell me that I do, then I don't need you because I know that's not true.

Ok. Continue to skirt the fact that YOU compared him to other QB’s first though.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Do you think this team could win a championship with him?

Not today, no. We are starting way too slow and while Dak seems to play better as the game goes on, good teams will take us out of our game before we can wait for Dak or the team to warm up. That's a real problem for us. Defensively, we have to do it against much better offenses more consistently. The next 8 games are going to tell us a lot. We have to be better all the way around. The Giants are a bad football team and they just plain wore out last night and their QB play helped us a lot. We aren't going to see that kind of thing going forward. We are going to have to beat these guys coming up because I don't think they are going to beat themselves but, if we come out cold for a quarter or a half, we aren't going to win against most of these teams IMO. We have to be better all the way around to make the playoffs and get to a championship.

JMO

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Bethea made a good play. There are other throws that Dak should have completed but the interception was simply Bethea seeing the slant throw, stopping his rush and getting up into the path of the throw to make the interception. Most times that throw is whizzed pass the bltizer for a completion. Any team opening with a slant in that situation would have probably been picked because of how Bethea played it.

It was a bad throw; end of story.

He came out pre-programmed to make that throw. It wasn’t as if Bethea jumped the route; he was literally standing in the throwing window and Dak didn’t see him because he was locked into his reciever.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
In your opinion. That is not my opinion Latin. Inaccurate passes create TO opportunities. That's just the truth.

This isnt my opinion its facts coming from the players themselves. Dak telling cooper he rushed the route, and Witten getting on a player for not getting to where he needed to be,. And thats the truth.

HungryLion

Reaction score

He came out pre-programmed to make that throw. It wasn’t as if Bethea jumped the route; he was literally standing in the throwing window and Dak didn’t see him because he was locked into his reciever.

i saw the same thing. Dak determined who he was going to throw to before he even snapped the ball.

bethea is a saavy veteran who was ready for it.

poor decision by Dak. It happens.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ok. Continue to skirt the fact that YOU compared him to other QB’s first though.

Why you gotta do this man? I believe the post you referenced, in error, was post number 53 of this thread. That was a response to a post from Doomsday, post 50 I believe, where he brings up other QBs. PJ mentions Aikman and Tony in this thread in post 19. I responded to that in post 25 and specifically say that you can't compare them. I've said throughout that I don't care about other QBs. Dak is who I care about but further, we are discussing last night game.

So no, I didn't bring other QBs up first and I didn't want to have to go back and show you because you have been in this thread the entire time and know full well that it was not me and that I have said that I am only concerned with Dak. This is why I hate getting into any discussions anymore. You are not even being honest about the content of the thread and then trying to tell me what I said. I mean, come on.

black label

Reaction score

Bethea also said when you stack the run against dak he audibles to slants a bunch of times. He knew it was coming.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This isnt my opinion its facts coming from the players themselves. Dak telling cooper he rushed the route, and Witten getting on a player for not getting to where he needed to be,. And thats the truth.

I watched it. That whole my fault stuff, no. WRs, if they are any good at all, always take the blame. For what it's worth, so do QBs. How do you rush a route? He was wide open, ran a great route and the ball was behind him. How do you rush that route? We don't run a timing offense in Dallas. Our QB reads the defense and makes a pre snap read. He then throws to the open guy. Yeah, I don't believe that for a second but whatever.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Not to give an excuse but I heard i think them talk about Dak getting all four wisdom teeth pulled over the bye...

Defiantly wasnt a relaxing recovery week for him

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not to give an excuse but I heard i think them talk about Dak getting all four wisdom teeth pulled over the bye...

Defiantly wasnt a relaxing recovery week for him

I had all my Wisdom pulled on the same day. Wasn't fun but it wasn't as bad as I had feared.

starfan1

Reaction score
[QUOTE="ABQCOWBOY, post: 9646236, member: 318" The TD throw to a wide open Jarwin was a great catch by Jarwin but a terrible throw by Dak. Wasn't a hard throw. Say what you want but as I said, I'm going to watch the game again to confirm if I saw what I think I saw.[/QUOTE]

not the best throw in the world for sure but great catch? Im in 50s and i make that catch probably 70% of the time it wasn't that hard of a catch for an NFL caliber talent to make. Dak could have mad a better throw in fact Im shocked it wasnt he tend to throw better on the move but to say Jarwin makes this great catch is dramitization. The pass was a bit low around the knees

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
[QUOTE="ABQCOWBOY, post: 9646236, member: 318" The TD throw to a wide open Jarwin was a great catch by Jarwin but a terrible throw by Dak. Wasn't a hard throw. Say what you want but as I said, I'm going to watch the game again to confirm if I saw what I think I saw.

not the best throw in the world for sure but great catch? Im in 50s and i make that catch probably 70% of the time it wasn't that hard of a catch for an NFL caliber talent to make. Dak could have mad a better throw in fact Im shocked it wasnt he tend to throw better on the move but to say Jarwin makes this great catch is dramitization. The pass was a bit low around the knees[/QUOTE]

OK, was a terrible throw regardless and there is no pressure on Dak. If you don't think that was a great catch, that's fine.

erod

Reaction score
You did bring up other QB’s. You said,

“Yes, other QBs miss but they miss on tough throws, more time then not. Dak, for whatever reason, misses easy open throws.“

That’s a direct quote. And you said that before I ever responded to you.

So, you did in fact, bring other QB’s into the conversation and make a comparison.
You can't defend Dak last night. Perfect pocket almost entire game. He was all over the place with the ball on easy throws.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You can't defend Dak last night. Perfect pocket almost entire game. He was all over the place with the ball on easy throws.

he wasn’t “all over the place”. But your vision and ability to assess things has already been proven poor.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Highlights from Podcast:

* Dak feet & accuracy were not good. Missing alot of throws on field. Not seeing safety on 1st throw of game is a concern. Thinks contract situation has to be effecting him because he is not playing clean games.

* Connor Williams is improving each week.

* WR edge blocking is big part of running game success.

* Strength of team is running game & OL.

* Dallas didn't miss beat when Health left game due to injury. Thompson played physical.

* Byron Jones lacks the ball skills necessary to make play on ball.

* DL was dominant.
Who? Exactly.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Every QB has breakdowns. Dak just kept plugging away.

Aven8

Reaction score
Dak is about #52 on my list of worries right now.