GM Jerry evaluates Trey Lance

shabazz

Reaction score
Old Jerry really disappointed me this time.

How did he manage to leave out that Lance was also " we'll spoken and clean".....I miss the good old days

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dang, if I owned a football team I would take all the knowledge that the Cowboy Forum has to offer, toss it out the window and hire a real GM! Nothing personal guys and girls, it just smart business.......LOL!!!
Post Of The Year. Already!

Hadenough

Reaction score
Uhuhuhuhuh it sounds like he is struggling to find good things to say about Lance.

vig454

Reaction score
Jerry Jones , I hope you read the forums. You are a nightmare to us fans!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
No, you don't. Dak arguably had an MVP season and one of the best statistical passing seasons of his career. Those 2 INTs during the playoffs were explained by both Cole Beasley and Kurt Warner. Take those 2 plays away, Dak was not the reason the Cowboys lost the game.
Dak wasn’t even close to MVP.

He did get a Pro Bowl…his first since 2018.

All Pro 2nd team, but they only count 1st team.

The playoff meltdown will follow him forever.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's even worse. This means Trey Lance is going to become a free agent after 2024. Might as well try to trade him now for a 3rd or 4th round pick. Pretty sure Trey Lance will not accept a low-balled 2nd contract, plus to remain a backup QB at his young age. He wants the chance to be a starter. Best for Jerry to trade him and get a decent draft pick we can use right now, instead of losing him while not getting any compensation.
He's been a complete bust. Not sure any offer to him would be a lowball.

When the Niners put him on the block, according to sources the best offered was a 6th or 7th until Jerry gave up a 4th for no reason anyone can figure out.

kskboys

Reaction score
He broke his leg and throwing hand.

But the kid can play QB.

We are lucky.

He’s the reason Dak will be leaving us soon.

And the playoff meltdowns.
In college. He has yet to show the ability to play QB at an NFL level.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak wasn’t even close to MVP.

He did get a Pro Bowl…his first since 2018.

All Pro 2nd team, but they only count 1st team.

The playoff meltdown will follow him forever.
Get over yourself and your lies. Dak was the best passer in 2023. Plus, he gave up 2 previous Pro Bowl chances as an alternate since 2018. Bottom line, Dak is going to be here at least another 3+ years, and you're just going to have to deal with it.

HotDog37

Reaction score
At first glance I thought the title read Head Coach Jerry elevates Trey Lance.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
KC made a huge mistake going away from a proven Alex Smith. Philly going away from Wentz. Seattle going away from Wilson. Big mistake Dallas went away from proven Tom Landry. LA should have never let go of Goff. Could go on and on.. you really have no idea if it would be a mistake or not. But I can pretty safely say I know what we get with Dak. If we had current Dak on a rookie deal.. we might able to do something with that. But we don't.
None of those teams’ moves were made so they could insert Trey Lance. This guy couldn’t even crack the 48 man player roster for a single game for the entire 2023 season. He is a complete waste and will be released.

Chasing6

Reaction score
None of those teams’ moves were made so they could insert Trey Lance. This guy couldn’t even crack the 48 man player roster for a single game for the entire 2023 season. He is a complete waste and will be released.
GM Jeruh set up this contract 4 years ago to be extended this year. He has the right to change his mind. The fact he did not draft a QB and plan for a changing of the guard(Love/Rodgers), tells you the same thing, he was planning to extend Dak.

The trade for Trance, no one really understands why, does not change anything. We traded for him late and have basically learned nothing about him over the past season accept only confirming what we already new.

Great athlete with high potential that needs experience. So a year later absolutely nothing has changed from the day he was drafted.