GMFB: How much credit does Dakota Prescott deserve for Cowboys win over Seahawks?

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Redball Express, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

9,301 Messages
    6,240 Likes Received

No introduction needed for this.

Enjoy.

Go Cowboys!!

Duane, ShortRound131, Furboy and 7 others like this.
  2. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,682 Messages
    2,448 Likes Received
    About 4%

PAPPYDOG, BoysForLife and Kevinicus like this.
  3. BoysForLife

BoysForLife Well-Known Member

1,847 Messages
    2,432 Likes Received
    I see you rounded up but I agree with you let’s be gracious

Joking aside though I do have to give him some credit. He really stepped up into the role of change of pace/closer running back in the fourth quarter

Reminded me an awful lot of Marion Barber III about a decade ago.

4. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

10,704 Messages
    3,632 Likes Received
    QB rating of 83.3. I bad pass dropped his rating from 105 to 83 on the INT/PI/should have been a TD pass.

QBR of 72 - not sure what that 1 pass did to him there.

Absent the one pass, as a passer he did a good job, not great but no other glaring mistakes and a nice TD pass to Gallup.

It was a nice all around effort by the team (playoff winning football) and Dak made the play of the game to seal it. He deserves a lot of credit for that!

5. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

9,571 Messages
    3,696 Likes Received
    Whoa, good one.

Reminded me of Romo -except he won.

6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

93,526 Messages
    18,602 Likes Received
    Dak made the plays in big moments in this game. As QB had this team lost he would have taken the blunt of the criticism and in victory he deserves a big portion of going out and leading his team and making big plays in big moments

7. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

21,679 Messages
    13,035 Likes Received
    People will do or say anything to discredit the Cowboys quarterback. He will win a ring and people will complain he didn’t do enough.

8. Tangle_Foot

Tangle_Foot Well-Known Member

2,373 Messages
    8,172 Likes Received
    1 Rushing TD + 1 Passing TD - 1 red zone turnover = 66% of 1phase of the game which = 22% of game credit :lmao:

ShortRound131 likes this.
  9. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

5,339 Messages
    5,855 Likes Received
    Romo never “lost” a home wild card playoff game either. And he played a heck of a lot better than whatever that was Dak did for three quarters before becoming a clutch running back at the end.
    Back under your rock, troll.

10. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

22,094 Messages
    9,463 Likes Received
    5 dropped passes, Seattle got away with tons of penalties for 98% of the game, yeah Dak gets little respect..

Good, embrace the hate....:clap:

11. JW82

JW82 JJ21 Zone Supporter

1,828 Messages
    3,048 Likes Received
    All he does is win games.

12. Mr_C

Mr_C Carharris2

8,160 Messages
    8,192 Likes Received
    Do you have some stats to confirm that? The heck of a lot better part.

I’d like to see. I loved Romo. I like Dak a lot too. I like the Cowboys.

13. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

7,303 Messages
    9,399 Likes Received
    Yeah its crazy right, and his 3rd year in the NFL he has the chance to tie Romo's all time playoff win record. You guys need to learn how to let go.

14. Daktozekecoop

Daktozekecoop Well-Known Member

287 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    He was brilliant

Redball Express and Boyzmamacita like this.
  15. Doomsday101

93,526 Messages
    18,602 Likes Received
    LOL Romo 1st home playoff game was Giants and Dallas and Romo played poorly Tony was 18 of 31 for 201 with 1 TD and 1 ints and a QB rating of 64.7. Your right it was not a wildcard game but it was Romo 2nd playoff appearance after losing to seahawks in which he did not have a good game there either. I chalked it up to Romo at that point in his career as a young QB still learning, damn shame Dak does not get the same from his critics.

16. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

5,339 Messages
    5,855 Likes Received
    Romo played fine against the Seahawks... Dak slobberers will say anything to make themselves feel better. The point is, Dak has not done anything yet that hasn’t been done. The Cowboys haven’t lost a home wild card game since 2003. Let’s see if he can “win” a road divisional game. Then he will only be three behind Mark Sanchez (if that doesn’t tell you how stupid it is to act like QB winz is any kind of real thing).

starcity214 likes this.
  17. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

2,326 Messages
    2,911 Likes Received
    I see your name and instinctively scroll past.

Breaking news: "Disingenuous and senile old fart yells at computer monitor!"

You become more irrelevant as time passes and your tired old schtick gets exposed.

18. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

14,252 Messages
    27,118 Likes Received
    Dak has been getting better as the season rolls on. He's making smarter decisions, better throws, and throwing the ball away when needed. That run was great, and I love watching it, but I think they may be making a bit too much of it. To think of that run as Dak's defining moment is over hyping it. I think the TD throw to Beasley last week was much more impressive. Not only did he make a great throw, but he did so after a Houdini escape, while rolling left.

This run was awesome, and a clutch decision near the end of the game, but it was basically a straight shot, without having to break tackles (which he's done plenty of, in the past). I think the dive and flip at the end made it more exciting, but I really don't think it was his defining moment. That has yet to be achieved.

Falco78, Bullflop and Idgit like this.
  19. Doomsday101

93,526 Messages
    18,602 Likes Received

Romo did not play fine in that seahawks game, 58% completion rate 6.8 per pass 89.6 QB rating. Not a horrible game but no better than a young Dak Prescott. The following season, NY game he has weapons a running game and a top defense and played poorly. I loved having Tony Romo but this BS of constant attacks on Dak is ridicules. Romo as a young QB who sat and learned before ever playing and learning from guys like Parcells and Payton before getting his chance still made a lot of mistakes and looked bad at times yet Prescott thrown in day 1 and done nothing but help this team win games and deserve better than he gets from this fan base

20. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

7,634 Messages
    8,015 Likes Received
    Tony Romo 2003-2016

Never forget.