GMFB: How much credit does Dakota Prescott deserve for Cowboys win over Seahawks?

Blake

Reaction score
Romo was no doubt a better QB than Dak is....he broke a ton of Dallas records, put up huge numbers....but you are right on the turnovers, Romo was a turnover machine sometimes, its part of that gunslinger attitude like Favre had

Romo was a better "passer" and that is it. He was not a better all around QB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo was no doubt a better QB than Dak is....he broke a ton of Dallas records, put up huge numbers....but you are right on the turnovers, Romo was a turnover machine sometimes, its part of that gunslinger attitude like Favre had

Romo developed into a very good QB. You look at a 14 year career vs a guy in his 3rd year. Romo did not even start his 1st 3 years in the league. Dak had no choice as Romo went down and this 4th rd QB was thrown into the fire in one of the hardest places to play QB in Dallas. Dak may never break a single Romo record, Tony was a gun slinger in how he played the game and it lead to great moments and sometimes not great moments. I don't give Dak a pass when he makes mistakes and have called him out when he has but I also get the fact that as a young player who entered the league with much to learn and much to improve on has come in and done more good to help his team win and he deserves credit

DFWJC

Reaction score
He had a RB who rushed for 127, he had Owens he had a defense lead my Demarcus Ware and that one pass does not change a thing they scored 17 points on the day and completed only 50% of his passes only for 201 yards. Trying to use 1 play as the be all when fact is there were opportunities in that game that Romo and this team failed to capitalize on. It did not have to come down to that play had Romo and this team played better.
Well, Owens was injured Owens. And the Giants did the same thing to everyone else.
Was not saying it was not a missed opportunity. It was
Was just saying he played WAY better than that QB rating day. Multiple huge drops and constant second half pressure.
Thats all.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Ironic you call him a troll when he's defending a current player and you're the one talking trash about him. Most of your posts are negative, guess what trolls usually are? Negative. Grow the hell up. Poor angry people acting angry on a forum.
Not to turn this into a classroom, but that isn’t what trolling is. I didn’t start the discussion and there was nothing trolling about my initial reply correcting the Oh_Canada troll. If you want to see trolling, look no farther than Oh_Canada or the Blake troll, not talking about football (because he has zero knowledge of It) and meekly trying to get a reaction out of people.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I like GMFB. Seems like the most objective football show. All the other mediots are still hating on Dak after his win.

aikemirv

Reaction score
That is factually not true - less int's per attempt than Aikman - a few more fumbles maybe.

I just get so sick of this lie and misrepresentation of the facts. Sometimes this board is like listening to a AOC interview where facts don't matter - just my feelings!

It gets so old!

Last edited:

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
What is with this relatively new take on football where it's really important to define how much credit a QB gets and doesn't get? I don't know if it has something to do with the fantasy football boom and the obsession about stats but it used to be you cheered for your team to win and didnt give a damn how it was done. If you cheered for the Cowboys and we won you were elated. Now it's like ok we won but hang on let's see how they won and if the QB is praise worthy. If the stats looks good we can celebrate it but if the QB stats were bad then It's only like a 1/2 win.

And it goes on with other fan bases when discussing the Cowboys. For example Eagle fans constantly will praise our oline, running back, defense as if those are safe to praise but will never praise a QB. And if we win you will hear these people say you only won because of your oline and RB and not your QB. Its like those other positions are safe and ok to praise but QB praise is unacceptable. Saw a bit of this in Aikmans heyday with Cowboy haters praising everything around Aikman to somehow diminish Aikman. I was always amused by this as they lavish praise about how amazing the roster is in an effort to diminsh a single guy on it. As a Cowboy fan I always thought it was an odd strategy to throw so much love at a hated rival but the obsession with QB is so strong that it makes praising a hated teams roster worth it if you can knock the QB down a ring or two. Very bizarre times.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

No introduction needed for this.

Enjoy.

Go Cowboys!!

He should get the same amount of credit for a loss that the QB gets for a win. The QB and the Head Coach are usually responsible for wins and losses.

I am fair. The QB position is so valuable for a team, the QB should get blame or praise unless it is obviously someone else's fault example Jackie Smith in Super Bowl XIII (google him).

Tua lost a National Championship game last night. He got the praise last year and deserves the blame this year.

Dak made plays that won the Seattle playoff game and overcame the play that could have lost it. Dak gets credit for the win.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He made several big plays. It’s a team sport and our Defense did great also. ST did ok except the missed FG and penalty on a TD that would have broken the game open.

Flamma

Reaction score
How much credit does Dak get? Absolutely none. His lack of effort and inaccuracy was apparent in this game and Dallas won despite Dak. He was bailed out by WRs running good patterns, the run game and the defense.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dak made the plays in big moments in this game. As QB had this team lost he would have taken the blunt of the criticism and in victory he deserves a big portion of going out and leading his team and making big plays in big moments

This is the correct answer. When the Cowboys lose, fans are on Dak for the things that he did or didn't do that cost us (including me). In the wins, he deserves a generous amount of credit, compensatory to the reverse in losses IMO.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
How much credit does Dak get? Absolutely none. His lack of effort and inaccuracy was apparent in this game and Dallas won despite Dak. He was bailed out by WRs running good patterns, the run game and the defense.

I would agree with most of this. Even as much as I don’t like him I think his effort is always there. I just don’t think he’s very good at what he’s paid to do