GMFB: How much credit does Dakota Prescott deserve for Cowboys win over Seahawks?

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Romo did not play fine in that seahawks game, 58% completion rate 6.8 per pass 89.6 QB rating. Not a horrible game but no better than a young Dak Prescott. The following season, NY game he has weapons a running game and a top defense and played poorly. I loved having Tony Romo but this BS of constant attacks on Dak is ridicules. Romo as a young QB who sat and learned before ever playing and learning from guys like Parcells and Payton before getting his chance still made a lot of mistakes and looked bad at times yet Prescott thrown in day 1 and done nothing but help this team win games and deserve better than he gets from this fan base

I am not surprised by all the saltiness by some in here in regards to Dak. Same saltiness in here for Romo for years. It's hilarious...

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Romo played fine against the Seahawks... Dak slobberers will say anything to make themselves feel better. The point is, Dak has not done anything yet that hasn’t been done. The Cowboys haven’t lost a home wild card game since 2003. Let’s see if he can “win” a road divisional game. Then he will only be three behind Mark Sanchez (if that doesn’t tell you how stupid it is to act like QB winz is any kind of real thing).

So Brady is just sheer luck? Rodgers? Brees? Manning?

Btw..
Sanchez in the playoffs: 94.3 qb rating
Romo minus 2014 where he was decent, 79.9....most of that with tremendous offensive weapons.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I see your name and instinctively scroll past.

Breaking news: "Disingenuous and senile old fart yells at computer monitor!"

You become more irrelevant as time passes and your tired old schtick gets exposed.
I think you meant to put this in your diary, old geezer... this is the Cowboys forum, no one cares about the thought process associated with dementia. Go back to bed.

JReed1000

Reaction score
Romo played fine against the Seahawks... Dak slobberers will say anything to make themselves feel better. The point is, Dak has not done anything yet that hasn’t been done. The Cowboys haven’t lost a home wild card game since 2003. Let’s see if he can “win” a road divisional game. Then he will only be three behind Mark Sanchez (if that doesn’t tell you how stupid it is to act like QB winz is any kind of real thing).

So Mark Sanchez was better than Romo? See how that works...stop playing on words. Its stupid.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Romo did not play fine in that seahawks game, 58% completion rate 6.8 per pass 89.6 QB rating. Not a horrible game but no better than a young Dak Prescott. The following season, NY game he has weapons a running game and a top defense and played poorly. I loved having Tony Romo but this BS of constant attacks on Dak is ridicules. Romo as a young QB who sat and learned before ever playing and learning from guys like Parcells and Payton before getting his chance still made a lot of mistakes and looked bad at times yet Prescott thrown in day 1 and done nothing but help this team win games and deserve better than he gets from this fan base
Is this English? Romo played fine in the Seahawks game and you literally just quoted his higher QB rating than Dak’s. I’m going to assume that sounded better in your head.
Romo was ten times the passer Dak was even when he was at East Illinois. It’s funny because next year Dak is finally in his fourth year so at long last we can stop hearing all the complaints about who sat on the bench “learning”. We will see what excuses Dak slobberers come up with next year for his mediocre play.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I am not surprised by all the saltiness by some in here in regards to Dak. Same saltiness in here for Romo for years. It's hilarious...

I agree. I fully supported Romo from day 1 when he stepped out on the field until the end. However Tony does not play in Dallas and this team did not win a damn thing, I don't blame that all on Romo he did a lot of good things but in the end this team won nothing. Dak was thrown into the fire day 1 and no one gave him or this team a snowball chance in hell of doing anything yet he and this team went out and put up a very good season and lost a heart breaker to the Pack on a Rodgers comeback but Dak played a very good game that day. Dak is still a young QB and there is much he need to continue to work on but this team believes in Dak even if the fans don't and really that matters more

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Is this English? Romo played fine in the Seahawks game and you literally just quoted his higher QB rating than Dak’s. I’m going to assume that sounded better in your head.
Romo was ten times the passer Dak was even when he was at East Illinois. It’s funny because next year Dak is finally in his fourth year so at long last we can stop hearing all the complaints about who sat on the bench “learning”. We will see what excuses Dak slobberers come up with next year for his mediocre play.
Are you talking about the wildcard game in 2006?

DFWJC

Reaction score
LOL Romo 1st home playoff game was Giants and Dallas and Romo played poorly Tony was 18 of 31 for 201 with 1 TD and 1 ints and a QB rating of 64.7. Your right it was not a wildcard game but it was Romo 2nd playoff appearance after losing to seahawks in which he did not have a good game there either. I chalked it up to Romo at that point in his career as a young QB still learning, damn shame Dak does not get the same from his critics.
Giants. I know you already know this Dooms, but recall that the pick was a no time left, no choice, throw it up for grabs vs throw it away thing though.
And you know the play before that was a perfectly throw game-winning TD pass...only not to be.
If ever there was a misrepresented QB rating, it was in that game. The rating pops to 92 in seconds

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Romo 1st playoff outing was not good compared to what Dak did. Dak outing in his 1st post season he put up over 300 yards and 3 TD passes and a QB rating of 103. Romo was a great passer put up individual numbers that were great yet also gained a reputation of making the big mistake at the worst times. His gun slinger mentality could be a big at time and kill us other times. As I said Dak has much to learn and have never excused his mistakes but I give him a lot of credit for how he has lead this team. You and the other critics are just pathetic

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score

I agree he played fine. His holding undermined his quarterbacking in the game, the latter of which was good enough to orchestrate a potential game-winning drive. But I will say this, if Dak produced that same stat line against a defense featuring as many DBs off the street, he'd be roasted. (17 of 29, 58.6%, 6.52 YPA, 189 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 2 sacks, 2 fumbles).

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Giants. I know you already know this Dooms, but recall that the pick was a no time left, no choice, throw it up for grabs vs throw it away thing though.
And you know the play before that was a perfectly throw game-winning TD pass...only not to be.
If ever there was a misrepresented QB rating, it was in that game.

He had a RB who rushed for 127, he had Owens he had a defense lead my Demarcus Ware and that one pass does not change a thing they scored 17 points on the day and completed only 50% of his passes only for 201 yards. Trying to use 1 play as the be all when fact is there were opportunities in that game that Romo and this team failed to capitalize on. It did not have to come down to that play had Romo and this team played better.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Romo 1st playoff outing was not good compared to what Dak did. Dak outing in his 1st post season he put up over 300 yards and 3 TD passes and a QB rating of 103. Romo was a great passer put up individual numbers that were great yet also gained a reputation of making the big mistake at the worst times. His gun slinger mentality could be a big at time and kill us other times. As I said Dak has much to learn and have never excused his mistakes but I give him a lot of credit for how he has lead this team. You and the other critics are just pathetic

Romo was no doubt a better QB than Dak is....he broke a ton of Dallas records, put up huge numbers....but you are right on the turnovers, Romo was a turnover machine sometimes, its part of that gunslinger attitude like Favre had

Blake

Reaction score
I think you meant to put this in your diary, old geezer... this is the Cowboys forum, no one cares about the thought process associated with dementia. Go back to bed.

If Dak continues to have success. It's going to be a delight watching your insignificant voice be drowned out more and more with the heavy crescendo of praise going his way.

You've become as irrelevant as Romo's over glorified legacy.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Romo never “lost” a home wild card playoff game either. And he played a heck of a lot better than whatever that was Dak did for three quarters before becoming a clutch running back at the end.
Back under your rock, troll.
Ironic you call him a troll when he's defending a current player and you're the one talking trash about him. Most of your posts are negative, guess what trolls usually are? Negative. Grow the hell up. Poor angry people acting angry on a forum.