Twitter: Go Get Quinnen Williams: Available

fivetwos

Reaction score
^
Opinion.

vs

Reality.
V

Williams leads all interior defensive linemen with 18 stops, according to Pro Football Focus. He’s tied for fourth among interior defensive linemen with 17 tackles against the run. He’s also third in run-stop percentage (12.2%) among interior defenders, per PFF.

Williams already has more tackles for loss (5) through seven games than he did in 13 games as a rookie. He’s made improvements across the board from his first season that was plagued early by a high ankle sprain that he played through.
That's fine. I'm just not sending off what that pick is going to end up being for a guy that hasnt played consistently well....and also plays the same position as Gallimore and Hill.

Hey..I've listened to a radio show for years daily hosted by two very knowledgeable Jet fans and I've heard nothing but bad things.

He is also a passive type of guy. We need some dogs in here and he isnt it. They arent robots.

I've acknowledged that he could excel in the right spot and get better. Is THIS place really it??

Almost everyone around here wants the DC gone, which tells me we dont know what system we will run. What if he doesnt fit that? Are we to allow his skillset to be a factor?

Shouldnt be dealing the 35th pick in the draft for this guy. His stock has dropped lower. They would keep him otherwise.

I'm not on board here. Doubt the FO will be either so I'm not worried.

Itll be one of those deals where they want more then Dallas wants to pay.

In theory, I'm not just blindly saying not to deal picks like many do, I just dont like the player as as fit for this team at this time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's fine. I'm just not sending off what that pick is going to end up being for a guy that hasnt played consistently well....and also plays the same position as Gallimore and Hill.

Hey..I've listened to a radio show for years daily hosted by two very knowledgeable Jet fans and I've heard nothing but bad things.

He is also a passive type of guy. We need some dogs in here and he isnt it. They arent robots.

I've acknowledged that he could excel in the right spot and get better. Is THIS place really it??

Almost everyone around here wants the DC gone, which tells me we dont know what system we will run. What if he doesnt fit that? Are we to allow his skillset to be a factor?

Shouldnt be dealing the 35th pick in the draft for this guy. His stock has dropped lower. They would keep him otherwise.

I'm not on board here. Doubt the FO will be either so I'm not worried.

Itll be one of those deals where they want more then Dallas wants to pay.

In theory, I'm not just blindly saying not to deal picks like many do, I just dont like the player as as fit for this team at this time.

That’s cool. I’m OK with a difference of opinion. At least you’ve supported your position.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
No. I see the financials and it's crazy to go with Coop rather then Gallup here.
Now I’m confused - we already paid Cooper. We would have to pay Gallup too after next year. Would you want to cut Cooper and then deal with the dead money and sign Gallup? Wouldn’t be surprised if Gallup would demand 18 million a year on the open market.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Sorry peeps Cooper won't be traded.
Gallup has high value he is the luckiest trade piece for a 1st rounder

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Marcus Mosher wants us to give our second for Williams, and I'd do it. Big Q is a 3rd overall talent trapped in Gase-Land (where players seemingly always improve after leaving), and this draft is looking really bad at DT.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Marcus Mosher wants us to give our second for Williams, and I'd do it. Big Q is a 3rd overall talent trapped in Gase-Land (where players seemingly always improve after leaving), and this draft is looking really bad at DT.
Same - get the defensive tackle now instead of waiting for a weak draft.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Depends on the price and I haven't really seen the Jets play since he was drafted so I don't know much about if he is a bust or not I liked him coming out of college

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don’t think you all know how valuable a 2nd round pick in the 30s is. I seen the Ravens trade back into the 1st round for their second and a 4th round pick to draft Lamar Jackson. That means instead of 2 1/2 years with an average player with some upside we could get the full 5 years with a top flight cornerback or safety which we desperately need.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sorry peeps Cooper won't be traded.
Gallup has high value he is the luckiest trade piece for a 1st rounder
i think cooper has to be the one traded if its possible without eating dead money..

i believe we have 5th year option on Gallup so we could push it one more year then trade coop..

Gallup being traded would be as bad as watching the fo expose Jimmy Smith in the expansion draft wen many fans saw this kid tuning into a great reciever, you could see it even in preseason... history says that was mistake with all the multi 1sts we gave for Roy Wlliams and Galloway etc tryig to replace MI.. Gallup would be one i try and pair with Lamb for the future..

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
i think cooper has to be the one traded if its possible without eating dead money..

i believe we have 5th year option on Gallup so we could push it one more year then trade coop..

Gallup being traded would be as bad as watching the fo expose Jimmy Smith in the expansion draft wen many fans saw this kid tuning into a great reciever, you could see it even in preseason... history says that was mistake with all the multi 1sts we gave for Roy Wlliams and Galloway etc tryig to replace MI.. Gallup would be one i try and pair with Lamb for the future..
I think 5th year option is only for 1st rndrs Gallup I think was a 3rd rounder

kevm3

Reaction score
I'd do a 2nd for it considering we almost always trade for 'Jerry project' players with our 2nd rounder