Twitter: Go Get Quinnen Williams: Available

lkelly

Reaction score
At this point in his career he has fewer sacks and QB hits than Maliek Collins did at the same stage.

But hey, he was a top 5 pick and those guys are never busts, right?

conner01

Reaction score
No. We NEED picks. He’s not going to change anything for this team right now. We need a rebuild!!
It’s the worst possible move to trade picks you need to build for the future just because you think you might win a very bad division and be bounced out of playoffs the first game
We aren’t one player away
We need a dozen new players to fix this mess

heir

Reaction score
This is not a source. This is someone who he spoke to that has an opinion. Unfortunately. the opinion is closer to being true.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Exactly.

People fall into the trap of coveting draft picks rather than accumulating actual talent.

Q. Williams is a proven young talent (still just 22 years old). You would be trading maybe a 2nd-3rd round pick for a known commodity.
What is he proven to be? A bust. They Jets are fishing for a sucker. Pass!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You flew off a bit at the end there but you are correct....

The Jets dont like him at all. Know why folks?

He hasnt PLAYED well. We have enough of those.

^
Opinion.

vs

Reality.
V

Williams leads all interior defensive linemen with 18 stops, according to Pro Football Focus. He’s tied for fourth among interior defensive linemen with 17 tackles against the run. He’s also third in run-stop percentage (12.2%) among interior defenders, per PFF.

Williams already has more tackles for loss (5) through seven games than he did in 13 games as a rookie. He’s made improvements across the board from his first season that was plagued early by a high ankle sprain that he played through.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he only costs a 2nd you take that deal, and hang up the phone before the jets come to their senses. This isn't a rental player.

My guess is a contending team offers up a 1st though. This feel like the real estate agent that lists the house under value to create buzz and drive the price up.

I think you're onto something here.

They did the same thing back when they 'weren't trading' Jamal Adams. Right up until the point where Seattle blew them away with that huge offer.

I think they're throwing chum in the water once again, to see what kind of offers they can get. All while claiming he's 'not on the market'.

tenor.gif

cowboyec

Reaction score
poe for williams.
griffen for williams.
poe,griffen and worley for williams.
but i'm not trading picks.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
So your plan is to keep paying Cooper 20 mil plus a season and trade Gallup, who is making less then a million a year through 21? Is that your plan?

Not sure what you mean, going to have to pay Cooper $22 million next year regardless. In 2021 when Gallup is a free agent he is going to want to get paid. I would rather have Williams at defensive tackle then let Gallup go after next year for just a comp pick. The only other option would be to cut Cooper after next year and have 6 million in dead money. There is no way they keep both with CeeDee Lamb on the roster.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean, going to have to pay Cooper $22 million next year regardless. In 2021 when Gallup is a free agent he is going to want to get paid. I would rather have Williams at defensive tackle then let Gallup go after next year for just a comp pick. The only other option would be to cut Cooper after next year and have 6 million in dead money. There is no way they keep both with CeeDee Lamb on the roster.

Gonna have to pay him more then that. Gallup, you have for two years dirt cheap. That pretty much takes you to the otherside of this Cap issue if you are the Cowboys. Gallup and Lamb are the future of this franchise. Cooper is probably gone after 21. You trade Gallup and it locks you in on Cooper for as long as it takes you to find another good WR. We got lucky with Gallup and Lamb basically feel into our laps. Cooper is here with the huge deal he has because we, for years, could not find a decent WR. I don't see us letting Gallup go, if we let any of the WRs go at all.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Not sure what they are asking for but this guy played a great game Sunday vs Buffalo.

he is light years better than anything we have but he will want a new deal in two years so you already lost most of the value in the player.

they are better off signing good young players off practice squads and watching them fight like crazy every play just to stay on the roster

Xavier187

Reaction score
You can probably get a 1st rounder for Gallup as we speak. Pats??? Maybe the Packers? Or even the 49ers

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Gonna have to pay him more then that. Gallup, you have for two years dirt cheap. That pretty much takes you to the otherside of this Cap issue if you are the Cowboys. Gallup and Lamb are the future of this franchise. Cooper is probably gone after 21. You trade Gallup and it locks you in on Cooper for as long as it takes you to find another good WR. We got lucky with Gallup and Lamb basically feel into our laps. Cooper is here with the huge deal he has because we, for years, could not find a decent WR. I don't see us letting Gallup go, if we let any of the WRs go at all.
Basically you like Gallup better then Cooper.

slick325

Reaction score
I would definitely try to acquire him for a 2nd and maybe a future (2022) 4th or 5th. He plays a position of need, in terms of having a blue chip player or playmaker there, and there won't be a player his pedigree there in the 2nd round at his position this draft. There may not be someone as good as he was projected to be, even in the 2021 1st round.

Make him a building block for your defense and hopefully get a safety in the 1st. Solidify the center of your defense (DT, MLB and FS) with 1st round talents.