Go Spurs Go

Reaction score
SA_Gunslinger;4355823 said:
Was this the same tune you were singing last year when they got swept out of the playoffs? Hell, at least we went down swinging.

:D

Last year is last year it's a new year. The team was tired from 3 straight Finals and it showed. No reason they can't get back there if everyone is healthy.

SA_Gunslinger;4355808 said:
I disagree with all of this. First of all, they're not as old as even last year's team. Splitter has shown vast improvement, Leonard looks to be a player, and Anderson is healthy. Not to mention Gary Neal isn't back yet. Granted it's early, but they already blew out a Memphis team than ran all over them last post season. Not saying they are legit hard core title contenders like say Miami or OKC are, but this team, if healthy, can definitely do some playoff damage. And you are WAY wrong about Tony and Manu. Not even close.

Those are 3 role players you're talking about not impact players. Ginobli and Parker are very good players, but when have they ever successfully carried a team? Never. It's always been Duncan, but now he obviously can't do it anymore.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4355834 said:
Last year is last year it's a new year. The team was tired from 3 straight Finals and it showed. No reason they can't get back there if everyone is healthy.

Those are 3 role players you're talking about not impact players. Ginobli and Parker are very good players, but when have they ever successfully carried a team? Never. It's always been Duncan, but now he obviously can't do it anymore.

Same for the spurs. last year is last year. They were older, and it showed come playoff time. This year, there is more of a youth movement.

Guess you forgot about 2007 when Parker was the Finals MVP. And every Spurs fan knows that Ginobili has been the key guy the last few years. The Spurs go as he as gone. Duncan has been more or less a role player for a few seasons now.

That's why this injury hurts so bad. But, in a shortened season, it's just about making the playoffs and then anything can happen, so hopefully they can hold things together at .500 or a little better until Ginobili gets back.

Reaction score
SA_Gunslinger;4356088 said:
Same for the spurs. last year is last year. They were older, and it showed come playoff time. This year, there is more of a youth movement.

Guess you forgot about 2007 when Parker was the Finals MVP. And every Spurs fan knows that Ginobili has been the key guy the last few years. The Spurs go as he as gone. Duncan has been more or less a role player for a few seasons now.

That's why this injury hurts so bad. But, in a shortened season, it's just about making the playoffs and then anything can happen, so hopefully they can hold things together at .500 or a little better until Ginobili gets back.

Yes Ginobli has been the key guy the few years, but they haven't won a title with him as their key guy. That's my point you can't win a championship if Manu is your best player. You need an alpha male like a Kobe, Durant, Dirk, Wade, or LeBron someone like that. As for 2007 yes Parker was the MVP, but Duncan was still clearly their best player then. He started to decline after that and so have the Spurs.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4356730 said:
Yes Ginobli has been the key guy the few years, but they haven't won a title with him as their key guy. That's my point you can't win a championship if Manu is your best player. You need an alpha male like a Kobe, Durant, Dirk, Wade, or LeBron someone like that. As for 2007 yes Parker was the MVP, but Duncan was still clearly their best player then. He started to decline after that and so have the Spurs.

Yes, in fact, they declined so badly that they won 61 games last year. Puhhh leeze.

Reaction score
SA_Gunslinger;4358263 said:
Yes, in fact, they declined so badly that they won 61 games last year. Puhhh leeze.

Lol the regular season means absolutely nothing. They won 61 games so what? They still got beaten pretty badly in the 1st round by a Grizzlies team playing without Rudy Gay.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4354031 said:
:lmao2:

I literally fell over laughing at that one. The Lakers have Kobe Bryant, Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol and the Spurs don't it's really that simple. The Lakers are the superior team if healthy. If Bynum stays healthy the Lakers will be at the very minimum in the West Finals.

I see what you're saying there, but the drop off between the top three and the rest of the team is so precipitous you've got guys trying to summit the roster in teams.

LA has a 1-2-3, but then the gap in talent jumps to 8-9-10-etc type players instead of the lunch pail middle rotation guys they need. They'll do nothing in the playoffs this year.

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4359499 said:
I see what you're saying there, but the drop off between the top three and the rest of the team is so precipitous you've got guys trying to summit the roster in teams.

LA has a 1-2-3, but then the gap in talent jumps to 8-9-10-etc type players instead of the lunch pail middle rotation guys they need. They'll do nothing in the playoffs this year.

Oh please Miami was the same way last season. They had 3 all stars and a bunch of scrubs and they were a couple of games away from winning a title. No reason the Lakers can't do the same. You're also really underrating the Lakers role players just because they're not big names. Blake will eventually overtake Fisher as the starter along with him they had several other solid role players like Metta, McRoberts, Murphy, Barnes, Fisher, Ebanks, and Kapano.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Minnesota was lights out the other night....I mean even with Spurs in their faces, they were making almost everything they threw up. When you are shooting over 50% and still getting beaten by double digits, that says a lot about the other team's performance.

As far as GS, if Curry doesn't get hurt, I am not sure the Spurs win that game. Still, it was a nice win, an important win. And next up is the Mavs.....GO SPURS GO

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
What a great win tonight.....93-71 over the Mavs

probably Dirk's worst game vs the Spurs for his career....

Happy Happy Joy Joy

juck

Reaction score
2012=Deron Williams,Dwight Howard,Dirk Nowitzki. 3d in Big D.;)

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4360945 said:
2012=Deron Williams,Dwight Howard,Dirk Nowitzki. 3d in Big D.;)

What does your pipe dream have to do with the *** kickings you guys are receiving THIS year?!?!?!?!?

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nice wins so far for the spurs without Manu, hopefully we can stay afloat while he is out and avoid an injury to TD or TP

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;4360966 said:
What does your pipe dream have to do with the *** kickings you guys are receiving THIS year?!?!?!?!?
Its an asterick year. cHeat gonna win anyway.Cubes has lots of cap this summer. haha

Reaction score
juck;4360977 said:
Its an asterick year. cHeat gonna win anyway.Cubes has lots of cap this summer. haha

Dude Dwight is being traded. There's no way he'll be available this summer.

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4360495 said:
Oh please Miami was the same way last season. They had 3 all stars and a bunch of scrubs and they were a couple of games away from winning a title. No reason the Lakers can't do the same. You're also really underrating the Lakers role players just because they're not big names. Blake will eventually overtake Fisher as the starter along with him they had several other solid role players like Metta, McRoberts, Murphy, Barnes, Fisher, Ebanks, and Kapano.

Sorry, but today's loss totally changed my opinion of this team. Barring a huge trade this team is done. I was just being a homer and couldn't come to terms with the fact that this team just isn't good enough. Need an injection of youth and energy badly. Kobe is the only one that can create for themselves.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4361020 said:
Sorry, but today's loss totally changed my opinion of this team. Barring a huge trade this team is done. I was just being a homer and couldn't come to terms with the fact that this team just isn't good enough. Need an injection of youth and energy badly. Kobe is the only one that can create for themselves.

I could have told you that. They were dumb to trade Odom. It totally jacked up the chemistry. If anything, they should have kept Odom and amnestied World Peace.

Well now they have 2 first rounders, Bynum, Gasol, and McRoberts to use as trade bait for Dwight Howard.....let's see if Orlando bites.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4361020 said:

thats what we have been telling you, but luckily for you, me and all the mavs fans, there is really no super dominant team in the conference, so its gonna be an all out battle for the conference come playoff time.