Goff traded for Stafford

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Is Goff's value < 0 due to his contract??
Seems that way. Otherwise you could trade him for maybe a mid round pick to a QB hungry team. Almost seems like they traded the extra pick to get them to take on his contract and the guaranteed money that's not the SB. If they release him, they would be on the hook for the guaranteed portion.

fivetwos

Reaction score
No wonder Watson is supposedly worth four 1sts.

Still wanna let Dak walk??

Wow.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would be able to rationalize this with just the loss of a 1st. Or even a first and third.

Two firsts is way too much for a 32-year old QB.

You have to pair this up with the Ramsey trade. It won't sting now but they are going to pay a huge price in the future.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The math was approx. like this:

-Rams gave 1st and 3rd for Stafford
-Rams gave other 1st to unload Goff and that contract
I am surprised that they were able to squeeze out the additional first, but then again, if you look at the money tied up in Goff, you start to wonder if it might have been just as well to have not been greedy.

revospeed

Reaction score
Jared Goff is not so bad that you give up two firsts for Stafford. He’s probably in the better half of starters in the league. Around 13-16. I’d rather have him and first round picks.

fivetwos

Reaction score
After ten minutes I still can't make any sense of this at all.

dogberry

Reaction score
What’s the present value of 32 nd pick in 2022 and a 32 nd pick in 2023?

Swagger

Reaction score
Interesting trade. Rams obviously thought they were a quality QB away from a Superbowl.

Interesting how Stafford plays on a team with a good defense.

Although first round picks that could effectively be almost second round picks if the Rams do well.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I have to be reading this trade wrong or the Rams are bigger melvins than Jerry.
So the Rams get Stafford, 32, who’s only made one pro bowl in the NFL, and they will not have a #1 pick until 2024. Insanity!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
At least they have the fortitude and humility to admit a mistake and move on.

Yes, the price was huge. But now they have taken a huge contract burden off of themselves for future seasons.

If this were Dallas, they would have sat and suffered, refusing to admit a mistake and continue to pay dead weight.

I would hope that, at the very least, they would do that. Remains to be seen what Jerry will do I suppose. I would like to just get past this situation, to be honest. I feel like we gotta get off the dime and get everybody playing the same tune.