Going to be tough avoiding 0-2

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Problem is the same as most years. Loaded on offense.....thin on defense. We have Larry Brown starting at CB and probably the worst rotation of DTs in the NFL. Thats just not how you build a championship team. I'm looking at another 8-9 win year thanx in large part to an undermanned defense.
Could very well be. Traditionally we’ve had better seasons in recent years if we stay healthy when not playing 1st place schedules.

But your right. If this defense is more of the same our hopes of a push in January aren’t likely. Good news is Tampa and KC are only playoff teams from last year we face this year until December.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could very well be. Traditionally we’ve had better seasons in recent years if we stay healthy when not playing 1st place schedules.

But your right. If this defense is more of the same our hopes of a push in January aren’t likely. Good news is Tampa and KC are only playoff teams from last year we face this year until December.

Thank god for the NFC East

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I didn't see anything Thursday night that led me to believe the Cowboys can't beat anyone in the league at any time. The Chargers are a good team, but they're definitely beatable with the squad the Cowboys have.

reddyuta

Reaction score
i watched most of that game.i can say our CBs will not be able to cover their WRs especially with the lack of pass rush we have seen in game 1.i think we might need atleast 30 points to beat them.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Doesn’t really matter. Won the TO diff and STILL COULDN’T PULL IT OUT. Pathetic.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I think Dallas beats the snot out of the Chargers. Herbert isn't Brady when it comes to reading defenses and telling OL who to block. Chargers don't have Tampa defense either.

This is the game you will see Gregory, Osa and Lawrence get to the QB. Add in a couple of turnovers and it could be lopsided.

I also think Zeke and Pollard will have a big day which will allow Dak to get that playaction going.

Not over looking Chargers but week 3 against division opponent philly will be key. Have to win division games

dfense

Reaction score
I like Herbert. He's goint be really good.

But they beat a WFT with a back up QB. I was more excited to see how poor WFT's dline played. They looked a bit average.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Chargers and Herbert looked solid today at Washington. Justin is the real deal. A throwback drop back passer. He threads the needle. He is definitely carrying his team.

Very impressive opening to sophomore season . He performed as billed . His receiver duo is among the best in the league.

And they can play some defense. We have our hands full going to LA with our secondary . Will be tough avoiding 0-2.
The Chargers struggled to get 20 points against the WFT, while the Cowboys put up 29 points against the Bucs who have #1 Defense in the league.

I'm not worried that much.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Chargers and Herbert looked solid today at Washington. Justin is the real deal. A throwback drop back passer. He threads the needle. He is definitely carrying his team.

Very impressive opening to sophomore season . He performed as billed . His receiver duo is among the best in the league.

And they can play some defense. We have our hands full going to LA with our secondary . Will be tough avoiding 0-2.
yes sir this young QB is going to be a top 3 and Chargers are much improved we can beat em only with our best effort

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I caught some of the Chargers Skins game.

If Dallas is seriously walking into the Chargers game thinking there is a good chance they will lose then any talk of super bowl is an absolute joke and the Cowboys might as well tank for a good draft pick. An upper tier team should be a favorite against LAC.

Washington looked like trash, TBH.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

WE should handle Chargers.

Washington looks like garbage.

dfense

Reaction score
I don't think they looked that great at all.. Very beatable if our Defense plays half way decent. Their Defense isn't half as good as Tampa's...IMO WFT's defense isn't as good as last year just by watching the first game. They didn't look great.
I agree, Washingtons D was meh. So was the Giants. Both regressed.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Just noticed you're 68, no career and probably not much family life......don't know what to say....be safe and Salud!

You probably shouldn't have said anything, in this case. Come on, man. You're better than that.

plasticman

Reaction score
They barely beat a team with a backup QB most of the game. The defense sacked the fleetfooted duo of Heinecke and Fitzpatrick.....once?

Heinecke's passer rating in the game was almost 35 points higher than Herbert. Either Heinecke is a breakout stud or the Charger defense got schooled by an undrafted QB out of the football factory of Old Dominion College.

Call me screwy but I think Dak offers a slightly elevated challenge.

As good as Hebert seemed to play in some opinions, I am skeptical he can match the Cowboy offense TD for TD.