Going to be tough avoiding 0-2

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That’s great. For me football has always been a huge part of our lives. My father was a season ticket holder when Texas Stadium opened as we only lived 15 minutes from the stadium. Before 1973 all NFL home games were blacked out in local area.

Part of me is extremely jealous. As an Ohioan, my in-person Cowboys games have been personal events and great memories. No one else in my family roots for the Cowboys. My dad was, sad to say, basically a loser and I have no real positive memories of experiences with him.

But I'm a proud Ohio State alumnus (yesterday's game notwithstanding), and I probably would not have had that experience had I not been raised in Ohio.

Bottom line, we're both Cowboys fans. Here, that's all that really matters.

Zman5

Reaction score
I saw most of the WFT/Chargers game and WFT was able to run on the Chargers.
This game will be a Zeke/Pollard game and less of Dak/WRs game. That type of game should help out the defense.

TWOK11

Reaction score
I’m not too worried, after the Chargers we play 8 consecutive games against teams with inferior QB play who missed the playoffs last year. We could start 0-2 and still very well end up 7-3, and our schedule closes with 5/6 against division opponents.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't think they looked that great at all.. Very beatable if our Defense plays half way decent. Their Defense isn't half as good as Tampa's...IMO WFT's defense isn't as good as last year just by watching the first game. They didn't look great.
Their pass defense is much better than Tampa's, but their run D isn't in the same league.
Expect to see a more balanced Cowboys attack as a result.

quickccc

Reaction score
Chargers and Herbert looked solid today at Washington. Justin is the real deal. A throwback drop back passer. He threads the needle. He is definitely carrying his team.

Very impressive opening to sophomore season . He performed as billed . His receiver duo is among the best in the league.

And they can play some defense. We have our hands full going to LA with our secondary . Will be tough avoiding 0-2.

Except Washington does not have the QB at their hands that we do in Dak Prescott - so Chargers defense will face a whole new world

Last edited:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Herbert vs these Dbs and lack of pass rush :(

Anthony Brown vs Keenan Allen :(

Joey Bosa vs Terrence Steele :(:(

Gonna need a big game from our offense…Again

They lost their starting RT Bulaga so that will help.

The one thing that concerns me is if we go into this game not intending to help Steele on Bosa. He's far too quick and powerful for Steele to handle.

I think we can move the ball on their D. Im not sure but I think they also lost some DBs to injury during the game.

This will likely be a 34-31 type game...

DFWJC

Reaction score
That’s not them being favored. Home team gets 3 usually. It’s a pick em basically
Chargers are favored by 3

I guess, yes, if it was on a neutral field it would probably be a pick-em for the reason you stated.
But its in LA,

Last edited:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Herbert vs these Dbs and lack of pass rush :(

Anthony Brown vs Keenan Allen :(

Joey Bosa vs Terrence Steele :(:(

Gonna need a big game from our offense…Again
Bosa is going to destroy Terrence Steele.

we’re gonna need a big game plan. Passing isn’t an option. We’ll need to run the ball as WFT seemed to get a good run game going. Zeke/Pollard better be ready.

As for Anthony Brown….. there is no hope.

Again, Zeke and Pollard must be ready.

QuikZ06

Reaction score
Honestly don’t see why people are scared. We looked good against Tampa and are only going to get better. I see us scoring a lot on them and eat them by 7 minimum.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Honestly don’t see why people are scared. We looked good against Tampa and are only going to get better. I see us scoring a lot on them and eat them by 7 minimum.

Lol. If you truly believe that, just imagine Anthony Brown on Keenan Allen and tell me you see the same view.

Carson

Reaction score
Lol. If you truly believe that, just imagine Anthony Brown on Keenan Allen and tell me you see the same view.
It’ll be Diggs on Allen. He shut down Evans and on any given day, Evans is at least equal to or better than Allen. That hurts, because I am a huge Keenan Allen fan.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
LAC is a solid team but no where near as good as Tampa.
Herbert is a good young QB but he also fumbled and tossed a pick week 1.
He passed it a lot as you can't run versus that WFT front.

Still a 4 point win over a team with Heinriche or however you even spell that at QB isn't exactly scary stuff.

Dallas should win this one but it won't be easy.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
What concerns me is the Cowboys having 11 days off. They haven’t been very good coming off long weeks. If they come back looking lethargic they’ll end up getting beat. I see this being a pretty critical early season game they need to win if they’re going to be a good team this season. They can’t keep digging themselves holes early, they need to get on a run and win some games to gain confidence.
That's actually a huge bonus.
Dallas entire coaching staff watched the Charges play Live and could immediately tweak things.
SD has the Dallas tape but couldn't think about it until today.