Golden State Killer (AKA East area rapist & Original night stalker) caught!

yimyammer

Reaction score
I'm SO pumped!

I thought this guy was dead for sure, I just couldn't imagine how a guy could suddenly stop committing such horrific crimes after being so active for so long. Its going to be fascinating to find out what the hell he has been up to.

Info about the case here: The Original Night Stalker (he was also called the East Area Rapist, Golden State Killer).

The Golden State Killer is a serial killer, serial rapist and serial burglar who committed 50 rapes in Northern California during the mid-1970s and murdered 12 people in Southern California from 1979 through 1986.

Other creepy facts:

• There was a town hall meeting discussing the rapes and murders and some guy stood up and said he would never let anyone come into his house and rape and/or kill him and his wife. Months later he was attacked by the Night Stalker/East Area Rapists/Golden State Killer
  • He would call his rape victims after the fact and do all kinds of other creepy ****.
  • He was never caught. YES!

Its a miracle! Looks like they caught that sorry sack of ****! I cant believe he's still alive:

Arrest in Golden State Killer Case: ‘The Answer Has Always Been in Sacramento’

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I am not mistaken, Richard Ramirez was The Night Stalker or is this "original" meaning something different?

yimyammer

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, Richard Ramirez was The Night Stalker or is this "original" meaning something different?

It means something different.

I'm not sure how the name came about but apparently it was after Ramirez because they refer to GSK as "the original Night Stalker" since he was doing what Ramirez did years before

roughneck266

Reaction score
Thats crazy. I was just watching a show about this very thing a few minutes ago. I'm glad they got him. I know it will bring closure to a lot of people.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I think this one before the night stalker this case from late 70's as the news stated.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amazing if true (meaning this is the guy)...

One of the most heinous unsolved crimes in the country.

I remember the TV show mentioning that this guy could have been someone in the military... Well he was a policeman which would offer some of the same similarities.

Many of the women had been seemingly "under surveillance" prior to being attached. And certainly a policeman could do that without looking suspicious.

It will be interesting tracing back his story and matching where he was and figuring out why he became a murderer as opposed to simply a rapist.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have some new Reality show Com NG on where a family thinks their deseased father was the Zodiac killer. I thought that was what this about but realized it was someone different.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have some new Reality show Com NG on where a family thinks their deseased father was the Zodiac killer. I thought that was what this about but realized it was someone different.

This guy was worse than Zodiac but didn't garner the press (for various reasons). Truth is the case ran under the radar... I'm a big true-crime fan and I did not know of it until the book and TV series came out recently.

yimyammer

Reaction score

I'm fascinated by that case too, I'd be on cloud nine if they announced they had caught that rat ******* too

Beaker42

Reaction score
This guy was worse than Zodiac but didn't garner the press (for various reasons). Truth is the case ran under the radar... I'm a big true-crime fan and I did not know of it until the book and TV series came out recently.

Same here!!! I’m 51 and don’t recall hearing about this guy at all until the recent 2-part show on the cs’er. Bundy, Manson, Ramirez, Gacy, Dahmer all yes. This guy and case? Nope. The Zodiac now remains the most storied unsolved case.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same here!!! I’m 51 and don’t recall hearing about this guy at all until the recent 2-part show on the cs’er. Bundy, Manson, Ramirez, Gacy, Dahmer all yes. This guy and case? Nope. The Zodiac now remains the most storied unsolved case.

I think it flew under the radar because it originally looked like a group of rapes in one local and then a group of murders in the other. It was only later they were able to piece the whole thing together, but by that point there wasn't much press on the case.

It will be interesting on if he talks to avoid the death penalty and what he says about going from a rapist to a murderer.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I think it flew under the radar because it originally looked like a group of rapes in one local and then a group of murders in the other. It was only later they were able to piece the whole thing together, but by that point there wasn't much press on the case.

It will be interesting on if he talks to avoid the death penalty and what he says about going from a rapist to a murderer.

and I'm dying to know how/why he stopped on a dime in 1986 after being so active, whats he been doing all these years, what do people that know him say about him, etc, etc. There should be some fascinating stories coming out soon