Golden State Killer (AKA East area rapist & Original night stalker) caught!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and I'm dying to know how/why he stopped on a dime in 1986 after being so active, whats he been doing all these years, what do people that know him say about him, etc, etc. There should be some fascinating stories coming out soon

Exactly!

I see some stuff is coming out from his neighbors and that isn't too complimentary.

I saw a picture of a couple ski-masks that were supposedly found.

I don't know how anyone could live with themselves after doing all that to all those people.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Exactly!

I see some stuff is coming out from his neighbors and that isn't too complimentary.

I saw a picture of a couple ski-masks that were supposedly found.

I don't know how anyone could live with themselves after doing all that to all those people.

I wanna know what put them on this guy’s trail ...... they were waiting for him to use a glass, drop a butt, anything to get his DNA without him knowing. My guess is somebody had suspected and finally talked.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some other famous unsolved murders...

The Walker family murders in Florida ('59)

The Grimes sisters murders in Chicago ('55)

The Yogurt shop murders in Austin ('91)

The West Memphis 3 murders ('93)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know, its morbidly fascinating

I wonder if they're gonna find a shrine somewhere tucked away in his house of all the stuff he took from the various crime scenes

That's a great question.

Heck may even have a storage locker somewhere packed with stuff that he took over the years.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Some other famous unsolved murders...

The Walker family murders in Florida ('59)

The Grimes sisters murders in Chicago ('55)

The Yogurt shop murders in Austin ('91)

The West Memphis 3 murders ('93)

The HBO documentary on the W Memphis child murders is sad.

Turned me on to Metallica though, so there’s that. :oops:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wanna know what put them on this guy’s trail ...... they were waiting for him to use a glass, drop a butt, anything to get his DNA without him knowing. My guess is somebody had suspected and finally talked.
This is what I am curious about as well. There was a reason for them trying to get his DNA. What brought this all about???????

Beaker42

Reaction score
This is what I am curious about as well. There was a reason for them trying to get his DNA. What brought this all about???????

I was thinking law enforcement while watching the 2-part show on Discovery ID (?). That’s why his prints weren’t on file.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was thinking law enforcement while watching the 2-part show on Discovery ID (?). That’s why his prints weren’t on file.

That makes no sense though. When I applied to the academy a long time ago, I went through a grueling print session from thumbs to palms. You would think all cops prints are on file.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too bad Paul Kersey and Dirty Harry didn't get them

While it seems we're off the scale when it comes to violence today, the fact is the 70's and 80's were far worse.

You remove Chicago and Baltimore from the equation and the country is far safer now than it was during that time period.
Yes we get more mass shootings now than then, but that era had serials killers left, right & center and far more rapes and violent attacks.

With the constant barrage of the news today it gives the appearance that extreme violence is everywhere.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Good question.

I read one quote that said they (the authorities) had reduced to the potential list of suspects from thousands to hundreds.

Have no idea what narrowed it down to him.

I will say the composite drawing of him when he was in his 30's looks dead-on with his key facial features of today.

As far as the "Hey how did this come about?"

It reminds of the "Green River Killer" situation with Gary Ridgeway... Heck the book that came out in the 90's about the case even identified him as a suspect (not by name but by saying one suspect worked at the Kenworth Plant in such & such city– Which he did)... It was a good decade later before he was actually arrested.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That makes no sense though. When I applied to the academy a long time ago, I went through a grueling print session from thumbs to palms. You would think all cops prints are on file.

I'm not sure what evidence they have outside of the composite sketch and the DNA.

Beaker42

Reaction score

Yeah maybe they lost his? No idea. This is intriguing though.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Something or someone fingered him.

That would make sense.

As I said the composite looks like the guy.

After someone suggested that he may be him the police probably had to sneakily collect his DNA.