Golden Tate - 4.36 Jordan Shipley - 4.57

Reaction score
Both unofficial.

woah..Tate really impressed, as for Shipley not so much.

2nd times Tate - 4.37 Shipley 4.60

what do all the Shipley guys have to say about that ??

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Love Tate, just not at #27. If we trade down into the 2nd I would have no complaints.

Shipley I still torn on what round his value would be good for Dallas.

Reaction score
VACowboy;3290127 said:
Carlton Mitchell at 4.44. He's my WR of choice.

he was mine as well, when I thought he was 6'4 and 220. He measured in at 6'2 210. I think Tate looked real impressive though.

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
That 6th year Senior UT scrub WR will be available in the 5th round, hopefully we pass....

VACowboy

Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3290131 said:
he was mine as well, when I thought he was 6'4 and 220. He measured in at 6'2 210. I think Tate looked real impressive though.

Oh, I agree on Tate. He had monster college production to match his combine numbers. The only thing that bothers me is that he's been labeled as a guy who can't separate. He obviously does something very right, though.

JBS

Reaction score
I absolutely love Golden Tate, I just do not see how we can justify taking him at 27. I just don't think WR is that much of a pressing need.it just doesnt make sense..I really want him on our team though

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;3290133 said:
That 6th year Senior UT scrub WR will be available in the 5th round, hopefully we pass....
Is this hate for Texas or do you really think that Shipley is a scrub?

Woods

Reaction score
of the big wrs, m easley and gettis also impressed with their 40s.

also, clemson's ford ran 2 40s under 4.30 (unofficial). also, he caught the ball very well - just like he did at the senior bowl.

i'd be happy with mitchell, ford (for STs as well) in the 3rd for sure.

Reaction score
VACowboy;3290135 said:
Oh, I agree on Tate. He had monster college production to match his combine numbers. The only thing that bothers me is that he's been labeled as a guy who can't separate. He obviously does something very right, though.

yeah that bothered me to until I saw his 40 time. I just hope we stay far away from shipley.

Bluestang

Reaction score
What is with all the hate against Shipley? I don't think he's on our radar but he does bring value to the table.

Reliable hands, runs great routes, is a KR/PR, and also did holding duties when he was at UT. I agree with G. Tate being a better guy but calling Shipley a scrub is nonsense - if it weren't for him UT wouldn't have been a BCS contender the last two years.

RS12

Reaction score
SDogo;3290123 said:
Love Tate, just not at #27. If we trade down into the 2nd I would have no complaints.

Shipley I still torn on what round his value would be good for Dallas.

2nd round? He'll be gone by 27. This guy is a playmaker.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
Bluestang;3290145 said:
What is with all the hate against Shipley? I don't think he's on our radar but he does bring value to the table.

Reliable hands, runs great routes, is a KR/PR, and also did holding duties when he was at UT. I agree with G. Tate being a better guy but calling Shipley a scrub is nonsense - if it weren't for him UT wouldn't have been a BCS contender the last two years.

So Patrick Crayton?

The whole point is, if we're going for a WR we should go for a game breaking one, possibly with return skills. Not good ol reliable Patrick Crayton all over again.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Love Golden Tate but for some reason I just see him as a complimentary guy in the NFL.

Shipleys 40 is good for Dallas. I bet he tears it up in the cone.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
newnationcb;3290148 said:
So Patrick Crayton?

The whole point is, if we're going for a WR we should go for a game breaking one, possibly with return skills. Not good ol reliable Patrick Crayton all over again.
Shipley is a lot more explosive than Crayton.

Bluestang

Reaction score
So Patrick Crayton?

I never said we should draft Shipley...but I argue the fact that he is a "scrub".

IMO we don't need a another WR, we need to soldify the O-line or get more secondary help.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
draftbreakdown

Golden Tate official 40 time. 4.42

-Twitter

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
draftbreakdown

Jacoby ford official 40 time 4.28

draftbreakdown

Andre Roberts and Marcus Easly official 40 times. 4.46.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So Patrick Crayton?

Seriously?

Just because Shipley ran a 4.57 doesn't mean he isn't fast and quick because if you've watched him he is lightning out there.

But Cowboy fans were worried about Felix Jones speed because he only ran in the 4.4's too and he was barely faster than Mendenhall.

Hes a role player that fits a lot of needs for this team.

If we don't draft him we need to draft someone like him because Ogletree, Austin, and Williams are the guys who will be playing the X and Z so we need someone to get some slot reps too.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
CATCH17;3290149 said:
Love Golden Tate but for some reason I just see him as a complimentary guy in the NFL.

Shipleys 40 is good for Dallas. I bet he tears it up in the cone.
That's what people don't understand about Shipley and other slot guys. They just look at the 40, he should have very good short area bursts and a good cone time. Welker does not have that great top end speed but he does have great agility and quickness in the slot and so does Shipley. I really like Tate but I just can't see us going WR in the 1st.