Golden Tate - 4.36 Jordan Shipley - 4.57

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cover 2;3291557 said:
I could have swore he ran in the 4.5's at the Combine then in the 4.3's at his Pro Day.
C2...could be that he pulled some 4.3s at his Pro Day. I had only looked up his combine time of 4.45....which is not really too shabby anyway. We know he's faster than that on the field anyway.

RESIN8

Reaction score
Hey guys if things work out we can get Earl Thomas, Jordan Shipley and Colt McCoy in the draft.:rolleyes:

JBS

Reaction score
RESIN8;3293222 said:
Hey guys if things work out we can get Earl Thomas, Jordan Shipley and Colt McCoy in the draft.:rolleyes:

might as well get Kindle in round 4..assuming things work out of course

joseephuss

Reaction score
DFWJC;3291019 said:
4.5 and 4.45 are not hugely different, but one sure sounds better. Anyway, we all know the guy a serious afterburners.

SDogo;3291024 said:
Actually it's huge. Over 40 yards it's the WR getting 3 yards separation on a CB.

Where did you come up with that math? It is a difference of 0.45 yards over 40 yards. To get a 3 yard difference over 40 yards one guy would have to run about a 4.8 compared to the other guy running a 4.45. Or about a 4.1 compared to a 4.45.

I knew Shipley would not post a fast 40 time. I saw some guys saying he would possibly be in the 4.3s. Most said it would be about 4.4. Quan Cosby posted good 40 times and I knew Shipley was not as fast as Cosby.

I like Shipley and still think he would bring good value in the 4th or 5th round and I still think he will be available then.

jimmy40

Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3290119 said:
Both unofficial.

woah..Tate really impressed, as for Shipley not so much.

2nd times Tate - 4.37 Shipley 4.60

what do all the Shipley guys have to say about that ??
he's faster than Jerry Rice.

Reaction score
4.36? I don't get it. Which scout timed him there? The Combine site has him officially at 4.44. AFA I'm concerned, until it's official, it aint so.

Having said that, I flat out love Tate! He's a smaller version of Austin. Tough, great route runner, better hands, & gets super YACs.

No way the 'Boys can take any other position at #27 except OT. Should have been the case last draft, with both Will Beatty & Sebastian Volmer sitting there in the 2nd rd. Well, Flo's a year older & definitely a lot slower. Free showed against the Vikings that he's a good RT, that's it. We can't go into next season with a hole at LT....no way!

Bruce Campbell tore it up at the Combine. 4.84 in the 40, with 34 reps in the bench press! Dude is fast AND strong. I know he's raw, but what a talent. Dude has grown to 6-6 & 315 lbs. & it's all muscle! Hook him up with Houck, and he's our starting LT for the next 10 years. A quality LT is just below franchise QB in building a Super Bowl contender. Romo can't do anything on his back. Again, recall the Vikings game.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Cogan;3294015 said:
Bruce Campbell tore it up at the Combine. 4.84 in the 40, with 34 reps in the bench press! Dude is fast AND strong. I know he's raw, but what a talent. Dude has grown to 6-6 & 315 lbs. & it's all muscle! Hook him up with Houck, and he's our starting LT for the next 10 years. A quality LT is just below franchise QB in building a Super Bowl contender. Romo can't do anything on his back. Again, recall the Vikings game.
So basically you want Campbell because he's a physical freak even though he didn't produce? He reminds me a lot of Vernon Gholston to be honest.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Cover 2;3294059 said:
So basically you want Campbell because he's a physical freak even though he didn't produce? He reminds me a lot of Vernon Gholston to be honest.

Nah Gholston plays Linebacker..

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I'm afraid my favorite WR sleeper isn't going to be a sleeper much longer. Emmanuel Sanders was a production machine at SMU, had a great East West Shrine week and just tested through the roof at the Combine. If you've ever watched him in college, you know this guy is just explosive (2nd best 40 time, 39 inch vert) and can cut on a dime (3rd best short shuttle time out of all WRs, 2nd best 3 cone drill). He's a natural WR too, catching 1200 yards last year. Very much a Greg Jennings/Eddie Royal clone. How this guy was being ignored up this point is mind boggling. I can honestly say I would probably take him over any WR not named Dez Bryant or Gilyard.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;3294375 said:
I'm afraid my favorite WR sleeper isn't going to be a sleeper much longer. Emmanuel Sanders was a production machine at SMU, had a great East West Shrine week and just tested through the roof at the Combine. If you've ever watched him in college, you know this guy is just explosive (2nd best 40 time, 39 inch vert) and can cut on a dime (3rd best short shuttle time out of all WRs, 2nd best 3 cone drill). He's a natural WR too, catching 1200 yards last year. Very much a Greg Jennings/Eddie Royal clone. How this guy was being ignored up this point is mind boggling. I can honestly say I would probably take him over any WR not named Dez Bryant or Gilyard.

Doesn't he have some character issues?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3294480 said:
Doesn't he have some character issues?

If they were they had to have been minor and earlier in his career. I know people close to the SMU program and they say he was the unquestionable senior leader and the heart and soul of that team.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;3294638 said:
If they were they had to have been minor and earlier in his career. I know people close to the SMU program and they say he was the unquestionable senior leader and the heart and soul of that team.

This is all I could find:
NFLDS
Intangibles: Earned his place as a team leader in 2009, getting his teammates to work harder so they could go bowling this season. Suspended for the last two games of 2008 for three minor academic and football violations. That's not a major character issue; in fact, it probably pushed him to be better.

Apparently minor. I wonder what's keeping him ranked so low?

rkell87

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;3294638 said:
i hope your source isnt AustnIsMySavior

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3294667 said:
This is all I could find:
NFLDS
Intangibles: Earned his place as a team leader in 2009, getting his teammates to work harder so they could go bowling this season. Suspended for the last two games of 2008 for three minor academic and football violations. That's not a major character issue; in fact, it probably pushed him to be better.

Apparently minor. I wonder what's keeping him ranked so low?

Just slipped through the cracks. He said during an interview at the East/West Shrine game that a Panthers scout told him they didn't know anything about him until the practices. How a Div I player with a 98 catch/1300 yard season is unknown by scouts in beyond me.

He played inside WR in the spread offense, like Wes Welker at Texas Tech, so he'll be strictly a slot WR in the NFL ... at least at the outset, until he learns the nuances of playing outside. Which is fine by me. Any WR drafted by the Cowboys not named Dez Bryant is only going to be a 3rd WR/slot for his first few years here. Emmanuel has the experience, route running ability and physical skillset to step in and do it on Day 1.

burmafrd

Reaction score
one thing to remember about Campbell. He did not get ONE vote for the all conference team.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Various:

Shipley is a good football player who runs faster than his combine numbers when in full pads.

But again that doesn't matter because he is older (24 and a half by draft time) and has had injuries. He's a r4 prospect at best. Again, he should offer solid return for a team in that initial 5 year contract but pretty much be done after that.