Golden Tate - 4.36 Jordan Shipley - 4.57

Woods

Reaction score
i think ford in the 3rd would be pretty good as well.

he's got incredible speed, good hands, and can play STs.

that's exactly what we need.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Fastest 40 yd dash

WRs

Jacoby Ford 4.28
Taylor Price 4.41
Emmanuel Sanders 4.41
Golden Tate 4.42
Brandon Banks 4.43
Kyle Williams 4.43

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
CATCH17;3290159 said:
Seriously?

Just because Shipley ran a 4.57 doesn't mean he isn't fast and quick because if you've watched him he is lightning out there.

But Cowboy fans were worried about Felix Jones speed because he only ran in the 4.4's too and he was barely faster than Mendenhall.

Hes a role player that fits a lot of needs for this team.

If we don't draft him we need to draft someone like him because Ogletree, Austin, and Williams are the guys who will be playing the X and Z so we need someone to get some slot reps too.

Seriously? What needs does he feel for us? Backup slot WR and return man?

If you actually payed attention to our games last year, you'd notice that Miles got a lot of slot reps as well. And who's saying that Ogletree is not getting any reps in the slot?

Give me Gilyard, Mccluster and Ford before Shipley please.

Bluestang

Reaction score
if we are basing 40 times to stock value/"playmaker" then Bruce Cambell should be a beast at tackle, however, his game film says otherwise...

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Ahh yes....can we turn this into the official "I base all of my draft knowledge on the 40 results" thread?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
newnationcb;3290165 said:
Seriously? What needs does he feel for us? Backup slot WR and return man?

If you actually payed attention to our games last year, you'd notice that Miles got a lot of slot reps as well. And who's saying that Ogletree is not getting any reps in the slot?

Give me Gilyard, Mccluster and Ford before Shipley please.

Lets see... Slot Receiver, Punt Returner, Kick Returner, Holder.

4 positions. If you can get him in the late 3rd-4th than I would say thats good value if he pans out.

Since DB's aren't allowed to be physical and Dallas has so many weapons for teams to worry about I could see Shipley having a lot of success here.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
tomson75;3290169 said:
Ahh yes....can we turn this into the official "I base all of my draft knowledge on the 40 results" thread?

:laugh2:

JBS

Reaction score
Tate not so impressive in the catching drill

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
RS12;3290147 said:
2nd round? He'll be gone by 27. This guy is a playmaker.

Doubt it, I still believe your only going to see one or two WR's taken in the first round.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
speedkilz88;3290163 said:
Fastest 40 yd dash

WRs

Jacoby Ford 4.28
Taylor Price 4.41
Emmanuel Sanders 4.41
Golden Tate 4.42
Brandon Banks 4.43
Kyle Williams 4.43

Hard to say because he ran a 4.41 but thats a disappointing time for Price.

Bluestang

Reaction score
CATCH17;3290170 said:
Lets see... Slot Receiver, Punt Returner, Kick Returner, Holder.

4 positions. If you can get him in the late 3rd-4th than I would say thats good value if he pans out.

Since DB's aren't allowed to be physical and Dallas has so many weapons for teams to worry about I could see Shipley having a lot of success here.

That is my argument, this guy brings alot of value for a mid round pick. Oh and BTW Shipley looked way more fluid than Tate in the reciever drills...

RS12

Reaction score
CATCH17;3290149 said:
Love Golden Tate but for some reason I just see him as a complimentary guy in the NFL.

Shipleys 40 is good for Dallas. I bet he tears it up in the cone.

Complimentary? Do you mean complimentary like Anquan Boldin?

Reaction score
tomson75;3290169 said:

thats not the point of this thread, the point was all the shipley lovers were boosting about how he was going to run a 4.3, and in reality he ran a 4.6.

Shipley won't do what crayton can do in his 1st year. IMO Tate can. Hes far more explosive and can play in the slot as well. This Offense needs a playmaker/gamebreaker. Not a chain moving possession type receiver.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I'm looking for a guy to produce the long ball opposite Austin. If it's a utility guy we're looking for, McCluster is my guy. He's a RB with huge speed, quickness and GREAT hands who also runs superb routes and knows how to create separation. He's a hell of a blocker for a guy his size and lightning in a bottle on special teams. RB. WR. Whatever. Make him our 6th receiver. The guy is football player who just makes plays.

Bluestang

Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3290189 said:
thats not the point of this thread, the point was all the shipley lovers were boosting about how he was going to run a 4.3, and in reality he ran a 4.6.

Shipley won't do what crayton can do in his 1st year. IMO Tate can. Hes far more explosive and can play in the slot as well. This Offense needs a playmaker/gamebreaker. Not a chain moving possession type receiver.

How can you come to this conclusion? Both guys were impact players on their respective teams. Also so what if he ran a 4.6 in the 40? How fast does he move in pads and what is his football IQ? This is the exact problem with the combine...it's got some glaring flaws.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3290189 said:

Nobody is or should argue about Tate having more pro potential.

But Dallas can't really afford the compensation that it would require to get him because of all of our other needs.

If we take a receiver it needs to be one that is a role player.

On top of all that Jason Garrett has bigtime trust issues with rookies and Tate may get as much PT in year 1 as someone drafted in the mid rounds.