Golden Tate - 4.36 Jordan Shipley - 4.57

Reaction score
Bluestang;3290194 said:
How can you come to this conclusion? Both guys were impact players on their respective teams. Also so what if he ran a 4.6 in the 40? How fast does he move in pads and what is his football IQ? This is the exact problem with the combine...it's got some glaring flaws.

the same way Bucky brooks, mike Mayock, Steve Marriuci came to the conclusion. And what do you mean so what if he ran a 4.6? lmao, he didn't run a 4.3 which is what everyone here said he would run. Bottom line - tate is an improvement in the slot - Shipley is not.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3290200 said:
the same way Bucky brooks, mike Mayock, Steve Marriuci came to the conclusion. And what do you mean so what if he ran a 4.6? lmao, he didn't run a 4.3 which is what everyone here said he would run. Bottom line - tate is an improvement in the slot - Shipley is not.

I thought Shipley was always considered 4.4 guy at best.

Reaction score
CATCH17;3290197 said:
Nobody is or should argue about Tate having more pro potential.

But Dallas can't really afford the compensation that it would require to get him because of all of our other needs.

If we take a receiver it needs to be one that is a role player.

On top of all that Jason Garrett has bigtime trust issues with rookies and Tate may get as much PT in year 1 as someone drafted in the mid rounds.

I know what you're saying, but honestly I think we could pull it off. Our greatest concern is o line depth and there are many great prospects in rounds 3-4. What if our draft looks like this.

WR-1st Safety-2nd Oline 3rd and 4th CB -6th 7th- NT

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
well the white wr from texas runs a 40 slower than linebackers......shocking

speedkilz88

Reaction score
CATCH17;3290202 said:
I thought Shipley was always considered 4.4 guy at best.
I figured it would be around 4.5. There's been a lot out there that he wouldn't run as well as he plays.

Bluestang

Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3290200 said:

Time will tell...my argument is that someone called Shipley a "scrub" and he's definitely not. He looks like another W. Welker type guy in the slot whereas Tate is someone that could be used to create matchup problems all over the field. I'm on board with getting Tate if he's available but I don't think he will make it to the second round. And like I said before we have more glaring needs to be picking up another WR in the early rounds.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rejus Benn ran a 4.48, also put up 20 reps.

damn, no 2nd round for us.

My boy Riley Cooper ran about what was expected. 4.52. Just a tad slower than Miles Austin.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3290215 said:
My boy Riley Cooper ran about what was expected. 4.52. Just a tad slower than Miles Austin.

And just about even with Shipley.........oops:cool:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3290204 said:
I know what you're saying, but honestly I think we could pull it off. Our greatest concern is o line depth and there are many great prospects in rounds 3-4. What if our draft looks like this.

WR-1st Safety-2nd Oline 3rd and 4th CB -6th 7th- NT

Hey im all for doing something that puts this offense over the top but at some point we have to take some quality linemen early instead of crossing our fingers and hoping a 3rd round guy comes through.

We have to address the Left Tackle position this year and if we dont this year than we could be in trouble eventually.

Everyone hates on Flozell but we're about to find out quick how hard it is to get someone of his quality.

Thats why a player like Bruce Campbell is worth the risk to me because we wont find anyone with that potential unless we pick high or trade a 1st rounder for a vet.

I have hope for Doug Free but I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket at the Left Tackle position.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Rampage;3290211 said:
especially the wr from Texas

It's about the 4th or 5th time I have heard that reference and to be honest it's begging to get a little offensive.

What does the color of his skin have to do with ****?

Bluestang

Reaction score
CATCH17;3290221 said:
Hey im all for doing something that puts this offense over the top but at some point we have to take some quality linemen early instead of crossing our fingers and hoping a 3rd round guy comes through.

We have to address the Left Tackle position this year and if we dont this year than we could be in trouble eventually.

Everyone hates on Flozell but we're about to find out quick how hard it is to get someone of his quality.

Thats why a player like Bruce Campbell is worth the risk to me because we wont find anyone with that potential unless we pick high or trade a 1st rounder for a vet.

I have hope for Doug Free but I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket at the Left Tackle position.

He looks like the prototypical workout warrior, everybody has said that the game film is terrible. I'd be pissed if used a 1,2, or 3 on this guy.

VACowboy

Reaction score
CATCH17;3290221 said:

I agree. I'd rather the Cowboys not draft a WR at all. This draft is deep in OL. Draft the talent.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
SDogo;3290222 said:
It's about the 4th or 5th time I have heard that reference and to be honest it's begging to get a little offensive.

Lightin up man.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bluestang;3290229 said:
He looks like the prototypical workout warrior, everybody has said that the game film is terrible. I'd be pissed if used a 1,2, or 3 on this guy.

Ive heard people say he could pass block.

Also Demarcus Ware was a workout warrior... How did that turn out?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;3290222 said:

it doesn't. I'm just making a joke. but to be honest you can probably count the good wrs in todays NFL who are white on 1 hand. we don't need another overrated wr from Texas who is white and slow. but hey, maybe he will be another Wes Welker.