Golden Tate - 4.36 Jordan Shipley - 4.57

DFWJC

Reaction score
CATCH17;3290954 said:
I agree he is fast. I've seen a lot of ultra fast guys run 4.5's.

Jacoby Ford just got a lot more interesting after dropping his 4.2

Hes a legit football player.
Would love to have Ford.

4.28 and he nailed it on the route drills and had a decent career at Clemson...so a good all around resume.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
DFWJC;3290914 said:
Now now, look at the big guy Gerhart out running McCluster.
But yeah, I'd have to say the 4.57 is fairly slow...more like Clayton than some thought possibly.

Speaking of white... Gerhart doesn't seem to have many fans but I'm one. I thought he was probably just another good college back who had no chance in the pros until I saw him play. He looked like a better athlete than I expected.

Not that he'd be a star, but I think he could be a good power back for a few carries a game and I bet he'd be good on special teams.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3290944 said:
really ? w.e lol he looked good in the highlight tapes, much faster then a 4.5
Exactly I'd rather take someone who runs a 4.57, but is fast on film than a 4.4 guy that isn't explosive on film. That's just me though. I've seen McCluster in person (unfortunately he destroyed my OK State Cowboys) and he plays like a 4.4 player during the game.

I also remember Hester being a 4.5 player at the Combine (going ny memory anyway).

Reaction score
Cover 2;3290975 said:
Exactly I'd rather take someone who runs a 4.57, but is fast on film than a 4.4 guy that isn't explosive on film. That's just me though. I've seen McCluster in person (unfortunately he destroyed my OK State Cowboys) and he plays like a 4.4 player during the game.

I also remember Hester being a 4.5 player at the Combine (going ny memory anyway).

more like a 4.3, watch his highlight tape against Tennessee, or even that 81 yard run against ok state.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cover 2;3290975 said:
4.45 in the 2006 NFL combine, but I think he was/is a burner in real ife.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3290987 said:
more like a 4.3, watch his highlight tape against Tennessee, or even that 81 yard run against ok state.
Yeah. I didn't really know anything about him until the Cotton Bowl. It was my first game at our new stadium and McCluster ran all over us for over 200 yards. Snead did everything he could to lose the game, but McCluster pretty much single-handedly won that game for the Rebels. That and Zac Robinson was terrible (either that or Ole Miss's defense came to play).

DFWJC;3291002 said:
I guess I remember wrong then. I thought I remembered everyone being shocked at his horrible 40 time.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cover 2;3291012 said:
Yeah. I didn't really know anything about him until the Cotton Bowl. It was my first game at our new stadium and McCluster ran all over us for over 200 yards. Snead did everything he could to lose the game, but McCluster pretty much single-handedly won that game for the Rebels. That and Zac Robinson was terrible (either that or Ole Miss's defense came to play).

I guess I remember wrong then. I thought I remembered everyone being shocked at his horrible 40 time.
4.5 and 4.45 are not hugely different, but one sure sounds better. Anyway, we all know the guy a serious afterburners.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
DFWJC;3291019 said:
4.5 and 4.45 are not hugely different, but one sure sounds better. Anyway, we all know the guy a serious afterburners.

Actually it's huge. Over 40 yards it's the WR getting 3 yards separation on a CB.

DFWJC

Reaction score
SDogo;3291024 said:
Actually it's huge. Over 40 yards it's the WR getting 3 yards separation on a CB.
I was being polite.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Cover 2;3290882 said:
Yes I have heard of an out route...

What the gauntlet does that running an "out-route" doesn't is force one to catch under duress. Look, I agree that there are better ways to pull off what they're trying to do than the gauntlet, but those would involve contact. Catching a single pass with no one on you is much easier than catching ten thrown at you in succession.

I'm not saying it's a perfect drill, but I think it best shows whether someone catches with their hands or body (besides game film that is).

Schooled.

Silverstar

Reaction score
casmith07;3291029 said:
Schooled.

Pleeeeze!

Get outta here with that BS!

I hate the gauntlet (and so do coaches) and Cover 2 likes it...end of story.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3290948 said:
About the same size. Wiggle. And although his college production didn't show it, Tree is a pretty sophisticated wide-out for how inexperienced he is.

I don't understand why folks don't get this. I'd much rather draft a kid like Brandon Banks for PR/KR. We don't need a progress stopper for Ogletree.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3290577 said:
[youtube]7EaI0U1_IW4&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]8wAPfaGDYrM&feature=PlayList&p=10ACEAD37190B8F9&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=45[/youtube]

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
SDogo;3290466 said:
Let me dig out my Ebonics dictionary so we can come up with the alternative.

What kind of BS is going on around here?

No kidding.

I think there was a post around Page 5 where someone specifically stated they didn't want to see a white receiver drafted.

To carry that friendly, prosperous thought over to another position, is it time we stop drafting black OL? Like slow, un-athleic, golly-gee-whilickers white receivers, black OL all seem lazy and dumb. [/sarcasm]

This crap has got to stop. The racial stereotyping of blacks is a hideous, ridiculous and sad thing. It's no different with other races.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would still love to have Shipley, He makes the big plays when his team needs them the most. The guy has been clutch in big situations

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3290968 said:
Speaking of white... Gerhart doesn't seem to have many fans but I'm one. I thought he was probably just another good college back who had no chance in the pros until I saw him play. He looked like a better athlete than I expected.

Not that he'd be a star, but I think he could be a good power back for a few carries a game and I bet he'd be good on special teams.

The thing about Gerhart is he just seems like he is so tight and muscled up that he will be a perenial injury waiting to happen.

Also i've seen him wear a brace when they play. Has he had knee problems?

I just have a feeling Gerhart will be the type of player that if you need 1 yard he will get you 3 and if you need 5 yards he will get you 3.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3291461 said:
I would still love to have Shipley, He makes the big plays when his team needs them the most. The guy has been clutch in big situations

Shipleys going to be a heck of a complimentary player if he goes to the right team. Dallas being one of those teams.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Silverstar;3291226 said:
Pleeeeze!

Get outta here with that BS!

I hate the gauntlet (and so do coaches) and Cover 2 likes it...end of story.
When did I say I liked the gauntlet? Someone asked what it was for and I answered. I even said game film was the best way to check out someone's hands. I do think the gauntlet shows whether someone is a hands catcher or body catcher though.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
DFWJC;3291002 said:
I could have swore he ran in the 4.5's at the Combine then in the 4.3's at his Pro Day.