Gonna go ahead and say it. We are Super Bowl bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozen700

Reaction score
This is why the fans of other teams think Cowboys fans are the most ridiculous fans in the NFL. Who in their right mind proclaims a super bowl after 2 pre season games?

I try to tell people the bs yall talk on here would get you Laughed off any other site or room in real life.

This is the safe place, to say anything ridiculous and believe it

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Float, you get hacked by Rockport bro?

No...I'm good man.:laugh:

Let me say this for all those that are doubting what I'm saying.....I've got 40+ years of watching football....30+ years of breaking down film and tape....and I'm here to say.....this defense is for real. Doesn't matter right now who is lining up where....the fact is the scheme is what matters....and Jerry might have finally hit the jackpot w/ this hire.

As long as Quinn stays aggressive w/ the blitz...I think we have a real shot @ getting to the big dance....:oldcouple:

I've seen a lot of people claim I think we will win it all.....I just said I think we will get there in the NFC....once you get to the Super Bowl....It's anybodies game. It's all about match ups @ that point. Luckily for us...we will be as hard to match up vs anybody.

Case in point....

Who matches up w/ Gallup as your nickle CB? Or Lamb if he's in the slot????

If Elliott runs as hard as he did vs Philly in week 16 (last year)...for the entire season....what's stopping him from gaining 2000 yards?

There are so many variables in our favor...this is about as stacked a roster as we have had since....92-93....minus a Leon Lett.

I just keep coming back to if we can stay healthy enough...our depth will push us over the top....and hopefully our coaching staff learned

something from last years mistakes.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You know what Floaty. I’m very close to making this statement with you. Not quite there yet but im at least saying NFCCG . We are going to be great on Offense. Someone will step up to be a good 6, but we will see. No team will shutdown our starting offense. If our D is 50% better than last year, this is gonna be a good year for us. If 9 is coming off the bench, and 30 is a backup, we are in a good spot .

:hammer:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I agree we dont know yet. And Gregory looks like a beast out there. We have just had such bad luck with injuries I'm paranoid.

Honestly...I've been scared of D-laws back..../ playing out of position..(have always liked him better on the right side)...but...people need to take notice of Armstrong. He looks like a guy that's coming into his prime...gonna be hard to keep off the field.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
OK. I gonna bet 10 grands on the boys.

Please send me a PM with your addres and a writing that confirms that you will pay me back my money in case we wont win it (with signature and a copy of a document that proves you really are that person). Just in case you are not trustworthy so i can sue you.

Does this mean I get 1/2? ;)....

Manster68

Reaction score
If the defense is as good as I think it might be, it could be a very fun season. Pressure on the QB will be key and if Gregory can finally give Dallas some return on investment, Lawrence can get back to form and Parsons can bring the heat like I know he can… then things will get uncomfortable for opposing QB’s.

For them to do that, they’ll need the DB’s to cover long enough for them to get home. And maybe Dallas has the guys to do it. I actually like most of the guys in the secondary and I think Dallas has done a good job of re-vamping the back end.

it is going to be interesting, indeed.
I truly believe the biggest problem the Cowboys had last season on defense was communication. Of course, that stems from a lack of preparation. Dan Quinn and his staff are working diligently on that.

Now add in the fact that Dallas has upgraded the talent on this defense with players that fit the Dan Quinn scheme, and I can see why fans are optimistic for this season.

If Micah Parsons is what I think he is, he will galvanize that unit the same way Luke Kuechly, Ray Lewis, Mike Singletary, and maybe even LT did. I know it is only preseason, but back to back games, Parsons was involved in a takeaway on the opening drives. With the rash of takeaways Dallas got at the end of last season, I see Dak starting drives in opponent's territory much more often (well, that is if the defense doesn't score themselves).

I like Dallas' chances for success.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s one take . Another is they will struggle to be a .500 since the roster after the first 8 or 9 players simply sucks .

there are 22 starters on our team. If you actually think 12-13 of our starters suck then you don’t need to be watching football anymore

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
giphy.gif

MikeB80

Reaction score
No...I'm good man.:laugh:

Let me say this for all those that are doubting what I'm saying.....I've got 40+ years of watching football....30+ years of breaking down film and tape....and I'm here to say.....this defense is for real. Doesn't matter right now who is lining up where....the fact is the scheme is what matters....and Jerry might have finally hit the jackpot w/ this hire.

As long as Quinn stays aggressive w/ the blitz...I think we have a real shot @ getting to the big dance....:oldcouple:

I've seen a lot of people claim I think we will win it all.....I just said I think we will get there in the NFC....once you get to the Super Bowl....It's anybodies game. It's all about match ups @ that point. Luckily for us...we will be as hard to match up vs anybody.

Case in point....

Who matches up w/ Gallup as your nickle CB? Or Lamb if he's in the slot????

If Elliott runs as hard as he did vs Philly in week 16 (last year)...for the entire season....what's stopping him from gaining 2000 yards?

There are so many variables in our favor...this is about as stacked a roster as we have had since....92-93....minus a Leon Lett.

I just keep coming back to if we can stay healthy enough...our depth will push us over the top....and hopefully our coaching staff learned

something from last years mistakes.

best roster since 92-93?

this has to be a joke at this point. Nobody would make this statement after watching bits of training camp and the preseason so far.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, I know, you’re right. I’m still not convinced that Gregory has any injury to really care about though… but he could, so we can’t rule it out until we see him playing/practicing or until the team comes out and addresses it.

Losing Gregory from the pass rush equation would hurt. In that case, Parsons would probably play more LEO and less SAM than planned.

I agree we dont know yet. And Gregory looks like a beast out there. We have just had such bad luck with injuries I'm paranoid.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
best roster since 92-93?

this has to be a joke at this point. Nobody would make this statement after watching bits of training camp and the preseason so far.
Once we get closer to the 53 cut-down date
...I will make a post to prove it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Honestly...I've been scared of D-laws back..../ playing out of position..(have always liked him better on the right side)...but...people need to take notice of Armstrong. He looks like a guy that's coming into his prime...gonna be hard to keep off the field.
That’s the first time I have seen him stand out.

basel90

Reaction score
Defense will be vastly improved with Quinn and the new draftees . That should equal 4-5 more win . I can see at playoff win and if lucky we can potentially go further , I am just not sure MM and the depth in some positions will be enough this year . But hope we catch fire and win it all .

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
So your saying about a 1/3rd of our starters suck? Lol Okay, man.

This team was about .500 last year with no QB, no offensive line, starting TE gone, new head coach, terrible defensive coordinator who installed a complicated scheme with no pre-season games with hardly any time to teach it because of Covid restrictions. That's just crazy to think they'll struggle to be a .500 team again.
Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying , actually I’m saying over half our starters suck not just 1/3 .

morat1959

Reaction score
Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying , actually I’m saying over half our starters suck not just 1/3 .
You nailed it! It’s one excuse after another with these guys. As Cowboy’s fans, we’ve gotten use to it with this front office. Wash, rinse, repeat!

Status
Not open for further replies.