Good bye D mac

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You wouldve looked so good in a Cowboy uniform. Enjoy being a Pat and playing on the dark side.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think his future with the Cowboys was directly linked to the success or failure of the Cleveland Browns. After all, if it wasn't for that trade giving us their first round pick next year, McFadden wouldn't have hardly been mentioned around here. Once the Brownies started winning, the chances became less and less each week that he would be a Cowboy.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if Patsies select DMac with their pick. I'm thinking that they either trade down to get more picks and select Jake Long to protect Brady.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Draft guru's help me out here. If we give up the Browns pick (18-26), and our 2009 1st round pick- how far could we move up in the draft?

We'd still have a 1st, that we could trade out of - to possibly supplement the 2009 1st we'd give up for him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GoinForSix;1785779 said:
Draft guru's help me out here. If we give up the Browns pick (18-26), and our 2009 1st round pick- how far could we move up in the draft?

We'd still have a 1st, that we could trade out of - to possibly supplement the 2009 1st we'd give up for him.
Just guessing, but if it would take a top 5 pick to get McFadden, we would need to trade Clevelands #1 pick, our #1 pick and a very very high 2009 draft pick. A price that is too high for one player IMHO. As a reminder, we got MBIII in the 4th round.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
He is a special back... Peterson-esque...

The three fumbles are uncharacteristic, but it happens...

Felix Jones is looking good too...

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
GoinForSix;1785779 said:

Those two first round picks aren't enough. It will most likely take both 2008 first round picks and 2009 first round pick plus maybe a second round pick.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1785784 said:
Those two first round picks aren't enough. It will most likely take both 2008 first round picks and 2009 first round pick plus maybe a second round pick.

Nevermind then, Slaton will be fine with a star on his helmet.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time to drop the McFadden talk - it ain't happening.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
Sarge;1785792 said:

If he went to any other school than Arkansas it would've been dropped months ago, but I don't know if its true how stoked Jerry is about the opportunity to get McFadden.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
The dolphins would probably trade down for 2 #1 picks and a #3/#2 plus it keeps DMC out of their division. The browns doing good probably eliminates this scenerio.

trickblue

Reaction score
dargonking999;1785774 said:
Mcfadden won't be a Pat.

He doesn't fit. Plus they have plenty of other RB's

03EBZ06;1785778 said:
I'd be surprised if Patsies select DMac with their pick. I'm thinking that they either trade down to get more picks and select Jake Long to protect Brady.

If they do, would be happy to take Maroney off of their hands...

Just think...

"We are putting the band back together... we are on a mission from God"...

http://i171.***BLOCKED***/albums/u287/jlozano33/300px-BluesBrothers.jpg

Hokiness ensues...

The Bruise Brothers...

superpunk

Reaction score
Sarge;1785792 said:

Hmmm....what is the point of a thread entitled "Good-bye, D-Mac", I wonder?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I guess Randy Moss wont fit the Patriots either?

McFadden is going to fit in where ever he goes very nicely.

trickblue

Reaction score
GoinForSix;1785796 said:
If he went to any other school than Arkansas it would've been dropped months ago, but I don't know if its true how stoked Jerry is about the opportunity to get McFadden.

He is stoked...

I have seen him at several Arkansas games this year and after the Cleveland trade was made Stephen Jones said to Jerry "This could mean McFadden"...

They are targeting him no doubt...

Big Dakota

Reaction score
GoinForSix;1785779 said:

For future reference, here is the draft pick value chart. It is outdated and a new one needs to be devised, but it's all we got till then. Jerry had it made years ago and it's kinda been the standard for all NFL teams since.

http://www.gbnreport.com/tradevaluetable.html

In the draft world, next years picks are valued at one round less because they are a year away. In other words, when the 2008 draft rolls around, the 2009 picks will be worth a #2 on the value board. Dallas figures to have a very low 2009 pick so going by the old chart i'd have a hard time giving the Cowboys any more than 300 points. Just for the sake of easy math, let's say the Browns get the 26th pick wich is worth 700 points. Then we get the 31st pick which is worth 600 points. Add all three of those #1 picks and you get 1600 points. Again, going by the old chart, that would get us up inside the top ten, around the 6th pick. For what it's worth, if DMac happened to be there when the 6th pick rolls around it would be interesting to see if Jerry would give 3 #1s for DMac if a team was willing to do the trade.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
How much would you give up for Reggie Bush?

Just my opinion, but I think McFadden is much more like Reggie Bush than he is someone like Adrian Peterson.

He's an angular 205 pounds with thin hips and legs.