Video: Good Morning Football: More at Stake in 2023: Dak or Big Mac?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yet you and all your buddies were predicting a loss to the goat.

And if you trying to say that the opponent matters then you would realize that the niners were the better team with the #1 defense in the nfl without pollard.

Or does that not count either?
You mean the 49ers that had a rookie, last pick in the draft QB starting and whose offense was relegated to 19 points, of which 6 of those points came by way of Dallas INT's and 1 said INT was at the SF 18-yard line thereby costing Dallas possible 3 points. When Pollard when out with injury, the game was tied 6-6 and the very next play was a Dak INT.
Oh, and that same vaunted SF defense gave up 23 points to Geno Smith and the Seahawks the week prior and 34 points to Derek Carr and the Raiders in Week 17

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You mean the 49ers that had a rookie, last pick in the draft QB starting and whose offense was relegated to 19 points, of which 6 of those points came by way of Dallas INT's and 1 said INT was at the SF 18-yard line thereby costing Dallas possible 3 points. When Pollard when out with injury, the game was tied 6-6 and the very next play was a Dak INT.
Oh, and that same vaunted SF defense gave up 23 points to Geno Smith and the Seahawks the week prior and 34 points to Derek Carr and the Raiders in Week 17
The niners D buddy. They were #1 in the NFL. Which is who Dak and the offense was up against every time they got the ball.

LOL...........figures you would act like Dak is playing Purdy. To you football is all about the QB. Typical know nothing football fan.

But hey, then didnt Dak beat the goat the week before according to your QB theory?

Oh wait, now you want to talk about the team and not the QB right? Tamps wasnt a very good team?

I like Geno and that offense. Plenty of weapons and a good run game.

What are we cherry picking again? You seem really good at that.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The niners D buddy. They were #1 in the NFL. Which is who Dak and the offense was up against every time they got the ball. Niners won 8 in a row with Purdy if you dont remember correctly. They were the better team.

You take away Pollard and put ZEke in as the ONLY RB and our offense is a shell.

I like Geno and that offense. Plenty of weapons and a good run game.

What are we cherry picking again? You seem really good at that.
Oh, I remember and I pointed out 2 teams that had fewer weapons than Dallas, both of whom put up more points on the SF D than Dak, and by two QBs that most say are not better than Dak. So if lesser QBs with lesser weapons did it, why couldn't Dak? Just curious.

(The Seahawks rushed for 104 yards against SF, of which Geno Smith had 28 yards and the only receiving weapon was Metcalf; Seattle lost that game because they couldn't stop the 49ers offense, which Dallas did in their playoff game) (Also keep in mind that the Raiders played Jarrett Stidham, I was wrong in referencing Carr, and he helps rack up 34 points on the SF defense)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh, I remember and I pointed out 2 teams that had fewer weapons than Dallas, both of whom put up more points on the SF D than Dak, and by two QBs that most say are not better than Dak. So if lesser QBs with lesser weapons did it, why couldn't Dak? Just curious.

(The Seahawks rushed for 104 yards against SF, of which Geno Smith had 28 yards and the only receiving weapon was Metcalf; Seattle lost that game because they couldn't stop the 49ers offense, which Dallas did in their playoff game) (Also keep in mind that the Raiders played Jarrett Stidham, I was wrong in referencing Carr, and he helps rack up 34 points on the SF defense)
If your cherry picking games then anything can happen.

Your premise is dumb so its not worth a response. Dak went nuts against the Eagles, but again only one game. Anyone can do the cherry pick thing.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Neither McCarthy, nor Dak, are on the hotseat in 2023. Both of their jobs are safe. This is media driven hype, which Jerry doesn't mind, because it keeps them talking about the Cowboys. There isn't a good reason for a coach with back-to-back 12 win seasons to be on the hotseat, and the team has improved since last season.

Dak is still a top 10 QB in the NFL, and in the NFC, he's likely top 2. Stafford and Purdy are not better than Dak, and I'd argue that Dak may have a legitimate claim to be the best QB in the NFC this season. Hurts is his only legitimate competition for that honor.
I respect your takes but I think you’re wrong on this one. Even the fry guy at McDonalds is held accountable if he doesn’t produce. This team is bleeding Playoff failure. Something has to change. 4 years will seal the deal If they don’t advance. I doubt Jerry allows another Garrett/Romo scenario. He also has DQ in waiting and knows the players will go to bat for him. It’s not a rebuild at all. Would compare it to Tampa from Dungy to Gruden. Or Dallas from Shula to Norv. Sometimes a little chemistry change goes a long way.

But ultimately, I think they’re going to win big this year so the harder decisions won’t have to be made.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
In spite of daks 300 yards and 5 tds against the bucs eh?
Can you please explain the math to me? You claim Dak had 5 TD's yet Dallas only scored 31 points in that game so what play caused them to lose 4 points??????

McMicah

Reaction score
Purdy over Dak come on now :facepalm:
Why not? Look at the stat line from the playoff game. That rookie statistically outplayed Dak in every conceivable category. In QBR, YPA, yards, air yards, etc.

And before you say the 49ers were in Daks face more, Purdy had a significantly higher pressure % he had to overcome in that game. If you believe Purdy is bad, the comparison between him and Dak in that game statistically would mean Dak is worse than you think Purdy is. Personally, I hope Purdy is good because if he’s not, what does that say about Dak?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Definitely McC, he wouldn't get another HC job. Prescott will be a QB in the NFL in 2024.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Wow….are you really this bad?

kicker missed all 5 extra points. Dont you remember?
Sorry, with all your BS I guess I missed that fact but alas, I stand corrected....Dak had a good game against a crap team and then showed his true color the following week. Thanks.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hes more likely to get rid of MM. No way he's going to admit his 40m failure at QB and will die on that stance.

Plus imo an above average quarterback is harder to replace then a coach unless you keep MM and trade for a Cousins type of QB
well that makes no sense whatsoever to me I mean you you say one thing and then you flip it why would they get rid of Prescott and eat some of that dead cap even after next year to bring in a guy like cousins who cost close to the same who's not better he may be similar but also if you add in the dead cap and cousin salary it's the same why in the world would you make that parallel move when you could just stay with your homegrown start quarterback?

The grass is not greener on the other side and start flipping your quarterback around if you're gonna do that you're gonna need to start getting rid of some of your better players and start developing draft picks and get a new quarterback in here because you're not probably gonna hit on the first one...

this is gonna be another 1996 post Troy all the way to 2006 Tony Romo that was a long time and a lot of quarterbacks trying to find even a solid starter... That's a decision they would have to make are they ready to start the carousel of quarterbacks like other teams who have tried to draft them and could not and then ended up having to do what go get a quarterback and pay him like dak Prescott.. They did it with Russell Wilson ,Aaron Rodgers, deshaun Watson ,and others they got tired of looking for a quarterback and then you have the other side where they pay Daniel Jones 42 million..​
I mean that's it that's what you get in this league you're going to either be fighting to find a quarterback in the draft and then after a bunch of misses you're going to end up wishing you didn't let your quarterback go.. I'm not saying that's how it always goes but that is pretty much how it's been for a handful of teams that have been waiting decades for a quarterback and they got tired of it and they end up overpaying both draft picks and money for a guy on Prescott's level..​

I didn't read the article up there, but I don't think anybody's jobs on the line if they at least make the playoffs and get to the second round again, I mean I know they want them to get into the championship game but it's really going to depend on the context the story of why they didn't make it.

But if they get 10-12 wins in the regular season and make it to the second round, why would you get rid of either the window would still be open then means you're making at least you did not digress, so you'd want to play with what you have until it's blows up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why not? Look at the stat line from the playoff game. That rookie statistically outplayed Dak in every conceivable category. In QBR, YPA, yards, air yards, etc.

And before you say the 49ers were in Daks face more, Purdy had a significantly higher pressure % he had to overcome in that game. If you believe Purdy is bad, the comparison between him and Dak in that game statistically would mean Dak is worse than you think Purdy is. Personally, I hope Purdy is good because if he’s not, what does that say about Dak?
I'll say it

Prescott did not have a run game at all!

his offensive line was not good at all his play caller you know Kellen Moore 16 run calls 2-3 YPC wow that championship ball right there!

much worse than the 49ers play caller and head coach, and defense were all better on the 49ers side.. So again I'll say it quarterbacks don't play each other you play the defenses on the other side and they play better against that than our defense played against Purdy that was all clear to see when you see big plays enough to scrape together more points than we could...

you're blaming the quarterback for things that were team problems from the offensive line ,the play calling, the run game, and a lot of other things... I mean the year before you had 14 penalties 11 were on the line, no run game again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​
show me where Prescott getting the support and I'll show you he will win these games you have to have more than A 1 dimensional offense and that's what we become against the 49ers and the 2018 Rams much the same way except there the defense didn't play well either that year.​

You act like every playoff game Prescott played in he played bad and no he's played below average in the last 2 niner games but there were reasons absolute concrete evidence that he did not have an Emmett Smith , Dorset, on that offensive line or a play caller that can overcome the 49ers defense and the way the 49ers offense finds a way to create yards no matter what they have to do they'll find a way to move the ball, instead you have Dalton Schultz making mental mistakes on b2b plays, 2 YPC in the 2nd half ,people not running routes properly, and no run game. yup

hey fellas McMichellea might be right,

I mean literally the whole team played championship football except for Prescott, it's all on him, it's all about the quarterback, because there were no other mistakes made in the game man, you're on to something it's absolutely only one player that played poorly that game...yup

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sorry, with all your BS I guess I missed that fact but alas, I stand corrected....Dak had a good game against a crap team and then showed his true color the following week. Thanks.
Wait, so now the team matters? How convenient. Its not all about the qb and the great tom Brady?

if tampa is so bad why did you predict we would lose?

Motorola

Reaction score
He missed them all. And missed the next one at SF.
Cowboys-Bucaneers WC game 1/16/2023___
1st Qtr
Prescott pass to Schultz for a TD; Maher missed PAT (1st one attempted)
DAL 6, TB 0
2nd Qtr
Prescott run for a TD; Maher missed PAT (2nd one attempted)
DAL 12, TB 0
Prescott pass to Schultz for a TD; Maher missed PAT (3rd one attempted)
DAL 18, TB 0
3rd Qtr
Prescott pass to Gallup for a TD; Maher missed PAT (4th one attempted)
DAL 24, TB 0
4th Qtr
Prescott pass to Lamb for a TD; Maher made PAT (5th one attempted, 1st one made)
DAL 31, TB 6