Video: Good Morning Football: More at Stake in 2023: Dak or Big Mac?

BermyStar

Reaction score
I believe MM is more at risk, only because it appears his eventual replacement is already on staff.
I don't think a coach that wins 12 games in back to back years (the latest with out his starting QB for a third if the season) should be at risk, but that is the nature of this thing unfortunately.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The question is this: is it loyalty or simply knowing that JJ will cave to his every whim? If your bank is providing you double the interest rates why go to another bank? The fact is the Bank of JJ clearly lacks much in the way of oversight.
The money that Jerry has made off the Dallas Cowboys over the years, he does not cave to anyone. Dak has over performed his contract and Martin is still being underpaid. The narrative that Jones loses contract negotiations is silly.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Hurts has only faced Dak per se once and Dak led Dallas to a win. Unsure what 1 game means but as I have previously stated, rankings are based on opinions that are flawed by nature.
You literally just used Purdy winning 1 game as the reasoning. I do it and you’re unsure? Put the agenda down for a second mate.

And yes. Rankings are stupid.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The money that Jerry has made off the Dallas Cowboys over the years, he does not cave to anyone. Dak has over performed his contract and Martin is still being underpaid. The narrative that Jones loses contract negotiations is silly.
DLaw got overpaid....Jaylon Smith got overpaid...Zeke got overpaid.....and all 3 played JJ like a fiddle.

Proof

Reaction score
Why in the hell do posters always bring that game up as if it was some sort of accomplishment. That team was trash but just because it was "Brady" in the game, the GOAT, they actually think that Dak is on the same level as him or even better! Hell, if Brady was on that Cowboys team they probably win the SB.
probably because that same team stomped the cowboys earlier in the season, and no one was talking like that before the game.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You literally just used Purdy winning 1 game as the reasoning. I do it and you’re unsure? Put the agenda down for a second mate.

And yes. Rankings are stupid.
No, I presented a hypothesis as to why they may have placed Purdy over Dak as a 'big game' QB. Had I created the rankings then I would have an agenda but since I stated that Dallas plays SF on Oct. 8th and time will tell then where is the agenda? Oh wait, there isn't one but for someone trying to find one.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak is no failure, but ok.
Kellen Moore is going to prove that he was the problem here.

Watch Herbert have the worst year of his career and lead the league in picks

My love and belief in Dak has no limits

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Also, keep in mind you are talking about the same Dak that could have agreed to a 5-year deal worth $175M (w/$110M guaranteed) JJ offered that would have paid him $35M/AAV in 2020 but instead held out, getting the franchise tag and in spite of getting hurt in 2020, ultimately getting his 4-year deal all while making JJ look bad in the press for not signing Dak sooner....and watching Dak play below par in the back to back playoff losses to SF.
Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak!!!!!! He owns you haters!

shabazz

Reaction score
............quietly moves Herbert down the fantasy football cheat sheet.........
Actually laughed out loud at that one.......I'm now on the Rayne Train!.

@Corso axed me to take time to consider Raynes position and by yiminey ima gonna give it up to Allah and Dakota for the next couple weeks

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak!!!!!! He owns you haters!
You really should seek medical assistance as you seem to be repeating the same nonsensical diatribe today and I fear for your deteriorating mental capacity and overall well-being.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We won last year despite Dak.
If Jerry still believed in Dak 100%, Dak would be extended. Like many here thought he would be BY NOW. Jerry is in prove it mode with Mike and Dak. If things begin to go south, Quinn will be on the sidelines and Dak will be riding the pine.
Jerry is not going to waste a season with a epic defense going to waste.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
GMF is one of the more enjoyable sports talk shows for me because they are fair and not trying to troll for reaction, and it's 100% football talk.

Good clip from a recent episode. I think it's a fair take on our Boys. (Click video for Youtube link Won't show in thread)
  • DAK arguments:
    • NFC Quarterbacks are a free-for-all. Rogers and Brady gone. Hurts won the respect the last year, but there is no Murderer's Row like the AFC. Dak has no excuse. (See video. Good comparison pic.)
    • Dak Prescott should be right out of everyone's mouth as best QB in NFC. But he's Kirk Prescott. Good player, but just has limitations.
    • No more excuses. Kellen gone. Make this your year. No more scapegoats.
  • BIG MAC arguments:
    • 2024 Free Agent Class Notable QBs. No one great available. Kirk Cousins and Ryan Tannehill are the best players. It's an equal swap to replace Dak.
    • There is no one that can be the replacement for Dak. The draft pick probably won't be high first round either. Coach replacement is best direciton.
    • Jerry has put all the weight on McCarthy. Kellen gone. It's your job now. No decision tree.
  • Big Game, pick a QB:
    • Stafford or Dak. Stafford wins.
    • Brock Purdy or Dak. Purdy wins.
    • Daniel Jones or Dak. Dak wins.
  • Cowboys and Buffalo are probably the only teams that have pressure to not only win, but win multiple playoff games. Losing in Division not bad, but it's same thing.
    • Dak or Big Mac, someone takes the fall if another Playoff repeat with no big advancement.

Dak has no more at stake then any other player.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We won last year despite Dak.
If Jerry still believed in Dak 100%, Dak would be extended. Like many here thought he would be BY NOW. Jerry is in prove it mode with Mike and Dak. If things begin to go south, Quinn will be on the sidelines and Dak will be riding the pine.
Jerry is not going to waste a season with a epic defense going to waste.
In spite of daks 300 yards and 5 tds against the bucs eh?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You really should seek medical assistance as you seem to be repeating the same nonsensical diatribe today and I fear for your deteriorating mental capacity and overall well-being.
And you dont repeat the same ridiculous dak sucks nonsense?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In spite of daks 300 yards and 5 tds against the bucs eh?
The bucs defense was one of the worst in the league at the playoffs. Seriously their are a handful of you guys who should take the team short bus to the stadium.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Of course a playoff game is a big game but taking the state of TB heading into that game limping into the playoffs with a sub-.500 record and a 44-year-old QB was not on par with the 'revenge' game against SF in the 2nd round given what happened the prior season against SF in the playoffs.
Yet you and all your buddies were predicting a loss to the goat.

And if you trying to say that the opponent matters then you would realize that the niners were the better team with the #1 defense in the nfl without pollard.

Or does that not count either?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The bucs defense was one of the worst in the league at the playoffs. Seriously their are a handful of you guys who should take the team short bus to the stadium.
And SF was #1. Lol

Can't have it both ways troll.

And all you trolls predicted we would lose to the goat brady.

Maybe change your name to nobrain?