Good news from mosley?

a_minimalist

Reaction score
If we did get DeCastro I'd hope we leave him at Guard his natural position for a year or two. Let him get comfortable in the NFL first before asking him to change positions. Plus, if I remember correctly Bernadeau is a big boy. Plug him in at Center.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
There is still a couple of FA C's out there. Jeff Faine, Jameal Jackson, Jason Brown we could sign to leave DeCastro at guard.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
jobberone;4519205 said:
I didn't mean to start a controversy about where Decastro may start. The point was you're counting on putting a rookie next to Costa. I realize many of you think Decastro is the next John Hannah but he's never played a down in the NFL and no one really knows how any rookie is going to play. We don't even know how well the vets we signed will play. All reasons many are harping on finding a center. Perhaps that may be Costa but I'd lay odds he isn't a long term starter here although perhaps I'm wrong.

I don't know if I think he's the next John Hannah.

I think we both just replied to your concern about starting a first time NFL LT in Smith next to a rookie in DeCastro.

CoCo

Reaction score
DFWJC;4518518 said:
Great stuff!

I love it when you get to check back and see what someone said in the past.

Not even referring to Mosley really, but some get really adament about certain players as if they know with certainty the future. You know the ones, that diss others that don't agree when all they have to do is sometimes say "In my opinion" to lighten it up.

Then when things don't happen, you never hear a peep.

QFT!!! :laugh2:

CoCo

Reaction score
I don't know why anyone would dismiss the thoughts of all national writers. I think it's quite likely that Mosely (or whoever) could have connections just as solid as anyone at VR.

I'll take anyone's credible thoughts on what they think or what they even hear. I'm interested. But I don't buy any of it hook, line & sinker for reasons stated earlier - no one knows for sure what's going to happen until things go live and start playing out pick by pick. Shoot I'll bet there are even cases where GMs wake up on Thursday and deviate from their Wednesday board.

CoCo

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4518617 said:
I'm skeptical of why anyone would ever pay attention to what anybody says regarding any player.

Smokescreens seem so pointless to me.

If everyday Joe Fanatic can call it when he sees it, any chance that people in the league believe a drop of it?

I think any more teams use "smokescreens" as a matter of continuing something old for the sake of doing so. I doubt any team actually thinks about the effects and they probably just do it out of habit.

I'll agree with you on your first point (why listen regarding what someone says?).

But I suspect teams are very intentional about being careful to avoid tipping their hand through players visits, interviews, etc.

I also believe that teams practice misinformation or at the very purpose to blur their real intentions amidst a pool of faux interest.

The stakes are too high not to.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me at all if there was a tug of war in the front office with Jerry acting as the final draft day decision maker, with Team Watt winning at the time of his report

burmafrd

Reaction score
I would say that from the Combine to the draft you take anything any team official says with a very large grain of salt.