Good news from mosley?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;4518432 said:
But, But you said you wanted DeCastro for OG, Why are your hoped doomed? :)

Because Mosley predicting it is the kiss of death.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
junk;4518465 said:
I'd love to see some upgrades on the OL, but the offense has some other issues too.

I don't know who fills that third WR role right now. I'm not confident in Dez and Miles to make it through a season injury free either. WR depth is pretty decent in this draft, so hopefully they come away with one. I like Broyles, McNutt, Fuller, Hilton and Toon.

Murray is a big piece too. Can he stay healthy? Can he continue to produce during that short, incredible stretch?

Having a running game that can produce in the RZ and control the clock will do a lot for this team though.

With this plan, we better hope we have the ball last in every game though cause the D will stink again.

CoCo

Reaction score
It's all fun. But it's all very predictable as well. Information and misinformation alike is flowing strong down the home stretch just like previous years.

No one knows for sure because no one knows for sure what will happen at picks 3, 4, 5 etc. So much of what Dallas will do is influenced by what other teams do in front of them and what teams behind them want to do as a result.

It's kind of funny that of late DeCastro has emerged as the consolation prize.

It's a fun time of year. :)

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;4518476 said:
With this plan, we better hope we have the ball last in every game though cause the D will stink again.

What plan? I just said I'd like to see upgrades on the OL and that there are holes at WR.

This team has a lot of holes. Any of these positions could be drafted: S, CB, OLB, DE, NT, TE, WR, OG or OC. Even RB or ILB could use depth.

Personally, I don't know that you can make enough moves to fill all the holes in one draft. So take the best player available and do it again next year (in the draft and FA)

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
If there was any more smoke going up from around the league, Smokey the Bear would file a restraining order against the NFL Draft.

At this point, I believe absolutely NOTHING that comes out of anyone's mouth that is coming from "rumors", "grumblings", or "whispers".

If Sdogo or Hos hear something from inside the Ranch, it's one thing. These guys that have national exposure are being played like a Stradivarius by front offices all over the league.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
junk;4518489 said:
What plan? I just said I'd like to see upgrades on the OL and that there are holes at WR.

This team has a lot of holes. Any of these positions could be drafted: S, CB, OLB, DE, NT, TE, WR, OG or OC. Even RB or ILB could use depth.

Personally, I don't know that you can make enough moves to fill all the holes in one draft. So take the best player available and do it again next year (in the draft and FA)

OK, from your other post you seemed to just list offensive needs.

Yes there are alot of needs, most of which are on defense.

There is too much parity in the NFL for me to think we are 2 years away, with a good draft, we could be real competitive this year.

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
koal;4518495 said:
so I guess Bunting gets it wrong also

The idea of drafting an athlete like DeCastro and potentially playing him next to 2011 first-round pick Tyron Smith at left tackle has to sound mighty intriguing.

Notice Bunting didn't suggest that he actually would be the pick. He took him at #14 for Dallas in his mock, but his reasoning was that the idea sounds intriguing. Well he's right, it does. But so does a long weekend in Monte Carlo with a super model and an expense account. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

67CowboysFan

Reaction score
CoCo;4518480 said:
It's all fun. But it's all very predictable as well. Information and misinformation alike is flowing strong down the home stretch just like previous years.

No one knows for sure because no one knows for sure what will happen at picks 3, 4, 5 etc. So much of what Dallas will do is influenced by what other teams do in front of them and what teams behind them want to do as a result.

It's kind of funny that of late DeCastro has emerged as the consolation prize.

It's a fun time of year. :)
We could use a consolation prize like that every year. :)

DFWJC

Reaction score
mickswag;4518423 said:
Mosley said we'd take JJ Watt last year and said we would not take Smith.

Here's the link to an article about him talking about Smith:

http://dallas.sbnation.com/dallas-c...ys-will-not-pick-tyron-smith-says-matt-mosley

Great stuff!

I love it when you get to check back and see what someone said in the past.

Not even referring to Mosley really, but some get really adament about certain players as if they know with certainty the future. You know the ones, that diss others that don't agree when all they have to do is sometimes say "In my opinion" to lighten it up.

Then when things don't happen, you never hear a peep.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Hostile;4518398 said:
Suddenly my draft hopes feel doomed.

Yeah, Mosley is the black plague of all things Cowboys draft related, think exact opposite!:eek::bang2:

This news from him may be the "kiss of death"!

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
It is almost comical that Mosely was used last year at this time to blow smoke.
On the other hand, I wonder how many times Jerry and Co can use Mosely for this purpose before he loses any cred he may have. This forum excluded ofcourse:laugh2:

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Man I hope Mosley is right. I think DeCastro has a better chance of stepping in day one and dominating than just about anybody. Maybe at center too.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
While Mosley deserves some flak for being wayyy off last year, isn't this the same guy that got our 1st round picks right for like 4 straight years? Or something like that?

This is still something substantial IMO.

And LMAO at the guy who insinuated that Hostile or Sdogo might be a more reliable source than Mosley. And I say this in no way meant to be inciting towards those esteemed posters.

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
newnationcb;4518578 said:
While Mosley deserves some flak for being wayyy off last year, isn't this the same guy that got our 1st round picks right for like 4 straight years? Or something like that?

This is still something substantial IMO.

And LMAO at the guy who insinuated that Hostile or Sdogo might be a more reliable source than Mosley. And I say this in no way meant to be inciting towards those esteemed posters.

That would be me, and I'll take guys I trust whose names aren't that well known over a well-known guy has been BADLY wrong in front of everyone.

I think Mosley is as reliable this time of year as every other national media source...and that's not at all.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4518487 said:
Well, this certainly sucks.

<a href="http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y188/thehoofbite/ScreenShot2012-04-22at53015PMcopy.jpg" target="_blank">http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y188/thehoofbite/ScreenShot2012-04-22at53015PMcopy.jpg

FYI: His mock had Costanza (sp?)

Talk about having egg on your face.:laugh2:

Did Mosley even explain why he was so wrong on his prediction? Kinda hard to have any cred left you you whiff this bad on your prediction. "I said they arent, more than a hunch"...........what a freaking moron.

I would be embarrassed to write another column after looking like such a fool.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Wulfman;4518592 said:
That would be me, and I'll take guys I trust whose names aren't that well known over a well-known guy has been BADLY wrong in front of everyone.

I think Mosley is as reliable this time of year as every other national media source...and that's not at all.
Yeah, I think you and I are on pretty good streaks on 1st round here. I go back to 2005 as of right now. Same with Norm Hitzges, he has has been the same page as us.

But the guy who has reason to crow is Nick Eatman. Last year he got 1st, 2nd and 3rd dead right. That impressed me.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
DWAREZ;4518519 said:
Yeah, Mosley is the black plague of all things Cowboys draft related, think exact opposite!:eek::bang2:

This news from him may be the "kiss of death"!

Yea, I am pretty sure that Garrett is not telling him jack about our board.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;4518609 said:
Talk about having egg on your face.:laugh2:

Did Mosley even explain why he was so wrong on his prediction? Kinda hard to have any cred left you you whiff this bad on your prediction. "I said they arent, more than a hunch"...........what a freaking moron.

I would be embarrassed to write another column after looking like such a fool.

He had a tweet after the fact about how he "thought" the team wanted to trade out or something.

Basically he was told something wrong. They know he's gonna put info out there so why would they tell him anything?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Wulfman;4518493 said:
If there was any more smoke going up from around the league, Smokey the Bear would file a restraining order against the NFL Draft.

At this point, I believe absolutely NOTHING that comes out of anyone's mouth that is coming from "rumors", "grumblings", or "whispers".

If Sdogo or Hos hear something from inside the Ranch, it's one thing. These guys that have national exposure are being played like a Stradivarius by front offices all over the league.

I'm skeptical of why anyone would ever pay attention to what anybody says regarding any player.

Smokescreens seem so pointless to me.

If everyday Joe Fanatic can call it when he sees it, any chance that people in the league believe a drop of it?

I think any more teams use "smokescreens" as a matter of continuing something old for the sake of doing so. I doubt any team actually thinks about the effects and they probably just do it out of habit.