Good news from mosley?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4518613 said:
He had a tweet after the fact about how he "thought" the team wanted to trade out or something.

Basically he was told something wrong. They know he's gonna put info out there so why would they tell him anything?

Yea, I am sure anything Garrett tells him 3 days before the draft is totally bogus. No way Garrett is going to tell him anything legit.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I caught all kinds of grief last year for sticking with Smith after Mosley's info. I was amused how the same posters said nothing when we took Smith.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Hostile;4518624 said:
I caught all kinds of grief last year for sticking with Smith after Mosley's info. I was amused how the same posters said nothing when we took Smith.

You seem to hold a lot of resentment.

lkelly

Reaction score
Hostile;4518610 said:
Yeah, I think you and I are on pretty good streaks on 1st round here. I go back to 2005 as of right now. Same with Norm Hitzges, he has has been the same page as us.

But the guy who has reason to crow is Nick Eatman. Last year he got 1st, 2nd and 3rd dead right. That impressed me.

Was that posted somewhere? I went back through his blog and some other searches and the best I could see is he picked Smith in a mock. He had us taking Christian Ballard in the 2nd and Curtis Brown in the 3rd.

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
Hostile;4518610 said:
Yeah, I think you and I are on pretty good streaks on 1st round here. I go back to 2005 as of right now. Same with Norm Hitzges, he has has been the same page as us.

But the guy who has reason to crow is Nick Eatman. Last year he got 1st, 2nd and 3rd dead right. That impressed me.

Yup...couldn't believe Nick nailed the first three rounds. I was beginning to suspect him of having a spycam in the war room. :D

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4518617 said:
I'm skeptical of why anyone would ever pay attention to what anybody says regarding any player.

Smokescreens seem so pointless to me.

If everyday Joe Fanatic can call it when he sees it, any chance that people in the league believe a drop of it?

I think any more teams use "smokescreens" as a matter of continuing something old for the sake of doing so. I doubt any team actually thinks about the effects and they probably just do it out of habit.

Oh, I agree, Hoof. That's my whole point...anything that comes out about who teams are interested in are worth as much ink as it takes to print them...on a screen.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
newnationcb;4518578 said:
And LMAO at the guy who insinuated that Hostile or Sdogo might be a more reliable source than Mosley. And I say this in no way meant to be inciting towards those esteemed posters.

No issues here with what u said

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Mosley was wrong last year, but in prior years he's been spot on, so.....

StarMan2112

Reaction score
Picking DeCastro seems like such a no-brainer to me if he's there. As close as it gets to a can't miss prospect at a position of need. The other guys we would be looking at #14 all have some kind of flaw. If he's gone at 14 so be it. But if we pass on him let the rueage begin.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
theogt;4518688 said:
Mosley was wrong last year, but in prior years he's been spot on, so.....

Hopefully he's right this time.

DeCastro would upgrade our interior play tremendously.

Just hope that we don't get cute and pass on him because we don't want to take a guard high.

burmafrd

Reaction score
last week some of those so called 'respected' mediots were saying that the Colts might be looking at RG3. And of course that was total complete CRAP.

So anything any mediot says up until the draft is worth less than a fart in a hurricane.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
burmafrd;4518702 said:
last week some of those so called 'respected' mediots were saying that the Colts might be looking at RG3. And of course that was total complete CRAP.

So anything any mediot says up until the draft is worth less than a fart in a hurricane.

That was just Wilbon wasn't it?

He's a turd anyway who will say something for the sake of having someone hear him.

I don't think half the stuff he says he actually believes. He's far too conditioned into his PTI role where half the time he has to argue against Cornholer most of the time just to make the show interesting.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Dash28;4518700 said:
Hopefully he's right this time.

DeCastro would upgrade our interior play tremendously.

Just hope that we don't get cute and pass on him because we don't want to take a guard high.

I'd lose some faith in the front office if they pulled that line out.

Considering the bust rate of 1st rounders, any time you can get what is viewed as a "sure thing", you should probably throw out the argument that inertia is more of a deciding factor for you than doing what is in the best interest of your team.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Since he left Dallas, I don't think Mosley has nearly the same insight into the Cowboys that he once did.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'll reiterate, Decastro is the safest pick in this entire draft (even more than his Stanford teammate looking for real estate in Indy). If you can get a Pro Bowler at #14, you take that every single time.

And yes, yes, I know, there are no guaranteed picks, but Decastro really has no significant weaknesses in his game. I think he's just as good as Iupati a few years back; a bit more technically sound, but smaller. He's a plug and play athlete.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4518446 said:
After having watched the OL struggle for an entire season and having only switched the tackles and added Livings (Bernadette is practically unknown), I don't see how anyone can feel confident that the OL is much better off.

Even under the assumption that Free picks up at RT where he left off, that still leaves 3 positions on the OL that are shaky.

Although I have started to warm on Livings after watching the season opener against Cleveland last year (I'm tempering my excitement because it is only one game), I'm still not convinced the OL has been address adequately.

If Dallas gets DeCastro and somehow gets better play from the C position, whoever that might be, I think people will **** a brick at how well the offense performs.

I'm buying into what some other people have said in that if we get him we likely will move him to Center.

Considering he, Livings and Bernadeau might very well be our 3 best interior linemen.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Avery;4518737 said:
I'll reiterate, Decastro is the safest pick in this entire draft (even more than his Stanford teammate looking for real estate in Indy). If you can get a Pro Bowler at #14, you take that every single time.

And yes, yes, I know, there are no guaranteed picks, but Decastro really has no significant weaknesses in his game. I think he's just as good as Iupati a few years back; a bit more technically sound, but smaller. He's a plug and play athlete.

I agree 100%. IMO DeCastro would be a 16 game starter at guard or center day one. I think Barron would be the only other target who could start day one. Brocker or Cox would be rotational guys for much of their first season. I'm looking for immediate impact at #14.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Matt Mosley

Folks at Valley Ranch believe there's a good shot Barron will already be off the board at that point. And it's hard to believe the Cowboys would trade up as high as No. 11 to select Barron.

It's becoming apparent in talking to sources across the league that Dallas would be thrilled to stay at 14 and select Stanford guard David DeCastro. The Cowboys signed a couple of serviceable starters at both guard spots in free agency, but DeCastro is viewed as an immediate Pro Bowl candidate.

"Decastro is my offensive version of (Boston College ILB Luke) Kuechley," a longtime AFC scout told FOXSportsSouthwest.com. "Good solid all around player with a good level of intangibles. Safe bet, sure thing as a starter."

I'll be ecstatic if it plays out like this.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
There's no one in the last 10 years I've wanted the cowboys to pick more than DeCastro. Put him next to Smith and I'm telling you they'll be in the ring of honor together in about 20 years or so.