Good news from mosley?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Throwing this out there just to be devil's advocate. You draft Decastro with 14. Then you start him over the vet signees beside Free. Or do you put him next to Smith who's never played a down at LT? So now you have a rookie at LG and a new guy at LT and worse of all you have him playing next to Costa or whomever.

I say get a good G 2-4 and let him develop for a year. I'll let you decide who to draft at 14. And get a C for God's sake!

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
jobberone;4518866 said:
Throwing this out there just to be devil's advocate. You draft Decastro with 14. Then you start him over the vet signees beside Free. Or do you put him next to Smith who's never played a down at LT? So now you have a rookie at LG and a new guy at LT and worse of all you have him playing next to Costa or whomever.

I say get a good G 2-4 and let him develop for a year. I'll let you decide who to draft at 14. And get a C for God's sake!

Didn't DeCastro play RG in college?

Livings played LG last year.

I think that'd be your scenario. Smith-Livings-?-DeCastro-Free

Hoofbite

Reaction score
jobberone;4518866 said:

If he's drafted and plays G it will be RG.

Livings played LG and he played RG in college.

Seems like a complete no-brainer.

There's zero question he starts over Bernadette and zero competition to start with Livings unless somehow one of the sunk turds among the bunch starts floating and pushes Livings out.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Hostile;4518624 said:
I caught all kinds of grief last year for sticking with Smith after Mosley's info. I was amused how the same posters said nothing when we took Smith.

Link?

mschmidt64

Reaction score
da_boyz_mk;4518791 said:
There's no one in the last 10 years I've wanted the cowboys to pick more than DeCastro. Put him next to Smith and I'm telling you they'll be in the ring of honor together in about 20 years or so.

I love DeCastro but I think I can easily say Ware is the player I've wanted most since I've been watching the draft, followed by Roy Williams in 2002.

Newman is probably the player I wanted the least.

DeCastro is probably high on that list though. I wanted Dwayne Bowe pretty bad in 2007. 2006 I don't recall being particularly on either side in the Carpenter-Lawson debates but I think I marginally preferred Carpenter but didn't love either.

I like Felix in 2008, Jenkins not so much, I preferred Flowers.

Tyron Smith was my guy last year and I know I did not like Watt. But I think I was ok with trading down too. I wanted Bryant in 2010 pretty bad. DeCastro is probably about tied with how bad I wanted Bryant when he started falling.

mschmidt64

Reaction score
junk;4518883 said:

I'd want him at LG eventually because I'd want that dominant side of the OL.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Didn't Mosley get Felix right or is my memory playing tricks on me again? He's not always clueless on these matters, is he?

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I'm pulling for David DeCastro at 14 now, and I think his chances have increased dramatically. Mike Mayock stated that some teams think center will be DeCastro's best position in the NFL. This is a game changer, imo. The Cowboys need a center now. If the Cowboys draft DeCastro, I think they will look to play him at center, between the two bigger guards. The Cowboys will probably want their best 5 on the field, and the two new guards should be in the best 5.

DeCastro makes a ton of sense right now. Cox is good as gone, and Barron may very well be gone by 14, too. There should be a big run on interior offensive linemen, and Dallas could get the best at 14 and not have to worry about it.

I'd take DeCastro over Brockers and Poe, and Dallas just might, too.

Gaede

Reaction score
Decastro would be pretty sweet to 'settle' for.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Sasquatch;4518944 said:
Didn't Mosley get Felix right or is my memory playing tricks on me again? He's not always clueless on these matters, is he?

He's generally gotten all of them right before last year.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Sonny Koufax;4518393 said:
Matt Mosley ‏ @mattmosley
Hearing some big-time draft rumblings from Valley Ranch here in the UK. I'll share some of this in a Fox exclusive. Think DeCastro.

Works for me... hell, I'd even think hard about trying to trade up from pick 45 to get your center of the future, Peter Konz... if you don't wish to give up draft picks to make that happen (I don't see any way Konz makes it to 45), then target Philip Blake in the 4th...

I know the defense needs help, and I would look to acquire some of that help later in the draft, but to me the quickest path to serious playoff contention lies in upgrading our offensive line... with the skill position players this team has, if you build a dominating offensive line this team will be unstoppable... usually, this would be a 2 or 3 year process, but you've got Tyron Smith already, DeCastro would certainly be another major building block, why not go all in and try to accelerate that process??

Hell, doing that might even help the defense's stats-- the other team can't score if you've got the ball... the more I think about it, the more I think drafting offensive line early is the way to go...

Tyron Smith at left tackle, Nate Livings at left guard... Philip Blake at center... David DeCastro at right guard, Doug Free at right tackle... I think the Boys could put up some good offensive numbers behind that offensive line... that's a big offensive line (almost 320 pounds per man), built to lean on people, but with the exception of Livings, the other four linemen can run pretty well, too...

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
28 Joker;4518966 said:
I'm pulling for David DeCastro at 14 now, and I think his chances have increased dramatically. Mike Mayock stated that some teams think center will be DeCastro's best position in the NFL. This is a game changer, imo. The Cowboys need a center now. If the Cowboys draft DeCastro, I think they will look to play him at center, between the two bigger guards. The Cowboys will probably want their best 5 on the field, and the two new guards should be in the best 5.

DeCastro makes a ton of sense right now. Cox is good as gone, and Barron may very well be gone by 14, too. There should be a big run on interior offensive linemen, and Dallas could get the best at 14 and not have to worry about it.

I'd take DeCastro over Brockers and Poe, and Dallas just might, too.

if we take decastro I think it will be for center also where he has the skill set to be very good

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoofbite;4518487 said:
Well, this certainly sucks.

http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y188/thehoofbite/ScreenShot2012-04-22at53015PMcopy.jpg

FYI: His mock had Costanza (sp?)

This is hilarious.

I don't blame the guy for posting a bit of draft misinformation. But there's a difference between posting something you hear, and going in the tank like this. Embarrassing for him.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Mosley's article is up now. He doesn't think Barron will be there at 14. The Cowboys will not look to trade up or down but will be content to take DeCastro at 14. If DeCastro is not available, Poe will be the pick.

burmafrd

Reaction score
It is interesting all this talk about DeCastro going to center. I can kind of see going into the OTA's and they try him out and see. Certainly would strengthen the weakest position on the O line.

DeCastro clearly has all the physical tools to be a Pro Bowl center. And from all accounts he is not only book smark but football smart (which don't always come together)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;4519152 said:
It is interesting all this talk about DeCastro going to center. I can kind of see going into the OTA's and they try him out and see. Certainly would strengthen the weakest position on the O line.

DeCastro clearly has all the physical tools to be a Pro Bowl center. And from all accounts he is not only book smark but football smart (which don't always come together)

I think if they got him they would have DeCastro and Bernadeau and see who is better at C or OG and go from there.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
junk;4518883 said:

Hoofbite;4518902 said:
If he's drafted and plays G it will be RG.

Livings played LG and he played RG in college.

Seems like a complete no-brainer.

There's zero question he starts over Bernadette and zero competition to start with Livings unless somehow one of the sunk turds among the bunch starts floating and pushes Livings out.

I didn't mean to start a controversy about where Decastro may start. The point was you're counting on putting a rookie next to Costa. I realize many of you think Decastro is the next John Hannah but he's never played a down in the NFL and no one really knows how any rookie is going to play. We don't even know how well the vets we signed will play. All reasons many are harping on finding a center. Perhaps that may be Costa but I'd lay odds he isn't a long term starter here although perhaps I'm wrong.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
silverbear;4519059 said:
Works for me... hell, I'd even think hard about trying to trade up from pick 45 to get your center of the future, Peter Konz... if you don't wish to give up draft picks to make that happen (I don't see any way Konz makes it to 45), then target Philip Blake in the 4th...

I know the defense needs help, and I would look to acquire some of that help later in the draft, but to me the quickest path to serious playoff contention lies in upgrading our offensive line... with the skill position players this team has, if you build a dominating offensive line this team will be unstoppable... usually, this would be a 2 or 3 year process, but you've got Tyron Smith already, DeCastro would certainly be another major building block, why not go all in and try to accelerate that process??

Hell, doing that might even help the defense's stats-- the other team can't score if you've got the ball... the more I think about it, the more I think drafting offensive line early is the way to go...

Tyron Smith at left tackle, Nate Livings at left guard... Philip Blake at center... David DeCastro at right guard, Doug Free at right tackle... I think the Boys could put up some good offensive numbers behind that offensive line... that's a big offensive line (almost 320 pounds per man), built to lean on people, but with the exception of Livings, the other four linemen can run pretty well, too...

I agree with the logic and would add that there's more value on the offensive line where we're picking than defense. Well, at least according to most projections I've seen, although the actual draft may turn out differently.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
newnationcb;4518578 said:
While Mosley deserves some flak for being wayyy off last year, isn't this the same guy that got our 1st round picks right for like 4 straight years? Or something like that?

This is still something substantial IMO.

And LMAO at the guy who insinuated that Hostile or Sdogo might be a more reliable source than Mosley. And I say this in no way meant to be inciting towards those esteemed posters.

Yep.

And Mosley only changed his stance on Smith the last week before the draft. He had Smith pretty much the whole time before.

Like Coco said, no one really knows who they're taking because the team doesn't even know until the picks before them shake out.