Goodbye, Terry Glenn. Hello, Amendola.

dooomsday

Reaction score
Mansta54;2172640 said:
Exactly, I couldn't agree more. I think he makes the team and gets some PT. I've heard JJ, AJ, TO, WP, and Irvin speak very highly of this cat. They've been extremely impressed with him. I definately see him on the roster...

Yeah man, we need WRs would can catch and make plays.

This is a group who all represent something else!

Austin "represents" a field stretcher we dont have
Stanback "represents" TO
Hurd represents another Crayton
Crayton represents a #2
(and of course Wit "represents" a #2 WR!)

Can we just get some WRs to play WR at a dependable level DURING real games, please!!

;)

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
tunahelper;2172649 said:
Good slot guy,maybe? DA is replacing Glenn is getting ahead of ourselves.

That wasn't the point. I meant, Terry is gone. So we have room on our roster for Amendola.

Perhaps a reason Terry left?

Money and age vs. bargain and youth?

Get it yet??

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
PosterChild;2172650 said:
Siren_animated.gif
Newsflash: To the extent that DA brings slot skills--quick cuts, precise timing routes, superior hands--the comparison's are favorable. Obviously he lacks TG's elite speed, but makes up for with determination, passion and, dare I say, moxie.

I think some of us may have missed this note the first time fr MacMahon--

(DMN Blog Fri 8-1) Young WR Report: Danny Amendola is not just a media darling

I'm not comfortable with the Danny Amendola/Wes Welker comparison. It's unfair to compare an undrafted kid to a Pro Bowler, even though there are some similarities between the short, quick Texas Tech products.

However, it's a comparison you keep hearing. T.O., who might not even be aware that Amendola and Welker share an alma mater, said yesterday that Amendola was a "waterbug" who reminded him of Welker.

"He's definitely shown that he can play at this level," T.O. said.

Wade Phillips raved about Amendola's ability to make cuts without slowing down, which the old coach called a "special trait."

"I think he'll be competitive to make the team," Phillips said. "You can see that right now."

I'd be willing to bet that Amendola will be on an NFL roster this season. It remains to be seen whether it'll be the Cowboys'.

It's time for evryone to come around and embrace the inevitable prospect of a final roster which includes Danny Amendola. He'll need to perform well in the exhibition games but if continues as he has in the TC/OTAs, he's in.

Next stop: The White House.

Nice post. :thumbup:

Amendola is coming.......

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know if Amendola can step up and replace Glenn or not. But I know I'm really looking forward to seeing this guy in preseason. I only saw a couple of Texas Tech games last year and didn't concentrate on watching him at all. So I really don't have any idea what kind of game he can bring. After reading all the stuff that has been posted about him the last couple of months it will be nice to finally see him do his thing on the field.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2172653 said:
I don't know that he has the ability to do what Welker does, because Welker at least had the athletic ability to be drafted pretty highly, but he's definitely a guy I'm ready to root for on special teams. Sam Hurd 2.0

Welker wasn't drafted....

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
AsthmaField;2172616 said:
Mornin' BnA.

I hope you're ready to argue your side of this subject because you're gonna get bombarded this morning.

Me? I think Amendola makes the team.

We shall see.

I believe Amendola makes the team as well. Sorry, just too much talent to let go. If the Cowboys are that stupid, then he will go and make some other team that much better.

He's a guy that can help spread defenses out. A guy that would fit that Wes Welker mold. Yet another Tech guy.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Terry Glenn > Amendola

It's that simple. Texas Tech is Texas tech and we all know what they do. He won't make our 53, and if he does our team is on a slow decline.

Parcells/Ireland ramped up our 53, lets see WHAT JJ/Lacewell do here.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors;2172741 said:
Terry Glenn > Amendola

It's that simple. Texas Tech is Texas tech and we all know what they do. He won't make our 53, and if he does our team is on a slow decline.

Why don't you just beat it back to the Patriots board you fraud?

Do yourself and all of us a favor.

Maybe the Patriots will re-sign Glenn and make you happy and the rest of the NFL pay?

:rolleyes:

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Nors;2172741 said:
Terry Glenn > Amendola

Oh, shut up.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;2172748 said:
Why don't you just beat it back to the Patriots board you fraud?

Do yourself and all of us a favor.

Maybe the Patriots will re-sign Glenn and make you happy and the rest of the NFL pay?

:rolleyes:

Back to topic - Glenn>Amendola This has what to do with Patriots? Glenn last played there 7 years ago.

Keep overvaluing local Jags and soon you are back to 5-11 5-11 5-11

been there done that with crew back in place at the top

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Tass;2172757 said:
Oh, shut up.

Thats great analysis. Terry Glenn is now terrible and off our roster.

Let's backfill with street free agents - :laugh1:

tunahelper

Reaction score
Ben_n_austin;2172656 said:
That wasn't the point. I meant, Terry is gone. So we have room on our roster for Amendola.

Perhaps a reason Terry left?

Money and age vs. bargain and youth?

Get it yet??

Listen, Moxie wearing lipstick, chill!You made the connection and I dont get how a guy who is 6th at best on the depth chart can be brought up in the same sentence as Glenn.

Time will tell, so go to the powder room and freshen up.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Nors;2172762 said:
Thats great analysis. Terry Glenn is now terrible and off our roster.

Let's backfill with street free agents - :laugh1:

allright ill cut all the undrafted free agents and free agents that we have signed and you tell us that the cowboys are better now then before the cuts....

lgarcia792002

Reaction score
all i can say is i hope he makes the team i would sure hate to see him some where else couse he will get picked up by another team would be another weapon to worry about look what welker did to us last year this says it all

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
180 pounds
loses concentration over middle
can't block and not NFL strength
no second gear

Nice early camp local kid story

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
I'd love to see Danny A make the team

BUT

Amendola ain't Welker and ain't gonna be Welker

AND

Terry Glenn is WAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY better than Amendola

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors;2172758 said:
Back to topic - Glenn>Amendola This has what to do with Patriots? Glenn last played there 7 years ago.

If it has anything to do with you, it has something to do with the Cheatriots.

Nors said:
Keep overvaluing local Jags and soon you are back to 5-11 5-11 5-11

And keep up with the trolling and you'll be bounced in disgrace once again.

Nors said:
been there done that with crew back in place at the top

Amazing that someone hasn't snatched up a prime talent like Glenn yet, huh?

What is the league thinking?

:confused:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Nors;2172802 said:
180 pounds
loses concentration over middle
can't block and not NFL strength
no second gear

Nice early camp local kid story

quick what was Jerry Rices 40 yard dash (aka the most useless stat we get) time?

I doubt you know his concentration levels. blocking and strength always get worked on. doesn't need a second gear cuz hes got 6

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Seeing as how Glenn was not a significant contributer to our team on last season, I don't see it as Amendola "replacing" Glenn. People need to realize that Glenn has been gone for over a year now. What Amendola is doing is adding another dimension to our team that we did not havelast season.

With Owens as the clear #1 receiver and Crayton filling the #2 spot, we didn't have anyone capable of playing the slot. Hurd filled in, but he is more of a possession receiver. Austin also filled in, but his problem was catching the ball. His physique and speed makes him more of a #2 when he finally comes into his own. Stanback has the prototypical build of a #1 receiver.

Amendola is perfect for the slot and I think he makes the team and contributes immediately. He is not replacing anyone; he is adding something we did not have.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2172842 said:
Amendola is perfect for the slot and I think he makes the team and contributes immediately.

What is such confidence based on?