Goodbye, Terry Glenn. Hello, Amendola.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors;2173113 said:
Glenn> Amendola

Simple math

A bit too simple. But I'm not surprised.

Nors said:
Glenns knee may end his career but at his best he was a top flight NFL Wide receiver. Thats not debatable.

Who cares?

What good does what Glenn has done in the past do for the 2008 Cowboys?

I'll answer for you - nothing. Absolutely nothing.

A 'healthy Terry Glenn' doesn't exist anymore. It's a feel good story kept alive due to loyalty and nostalgia. Reality paints a much dimmer picture of things.

Nors said:
Now undrafted Amendola? That is!

Yeah, because he went undrafted, he's apparently worthless. Just like guys named Welker and Romo.

The fact of the matter is that Amendola can do nothing but help this team. He hurts nothing fighting for the sixth WR spot.

And unlike Glenn, Amendola is healthy enough to play.

Kilyin

Reaction score
I actually read that Parcells was going to buy Glenn a prosthetic knee so that he can stretch the field for Quintelle in Miami.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Rooting against Amendola is like rooting against Santa Claus. Or me.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
While I understand why Nors takes a pounding he's actually made some logical points on this thread.

I certainly hope he is not rooting against Amendola or anyone else for that matter and just stating the facts. Perhaps if he came across more factual and matter of fact instead of sensational it would be received a little better.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2173176 said:
While I understand why Nors takes a pounding he's actually made some logical points on this thread.

I certainly hope he is not rooting against Amendola or anyone else for that matter and just stating the facts. Perhaps if he came across more factual and matter of fact instead of sensational it would be received a little better.

Depends on how badly you'd want to be proven right. He's not that kind of guy, imo.

Mansta54

Reaction score
jobberone;2173176 said:

Ahh, NO, he hasn't.....:laugh2:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Ben_n_austin;2172646 said:

First off I'd like to say congrats to Reality, I rarely see him post. :D
Secondly, after watching this video, this Amendola reminds me of how I used to be as a WR.

Didn't have great break-away speed, but my cuts were explosive and as long as the QB threw the ball as I made my cut, I was always opened. I can't wait to see him in a pre-season game.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2173145 said:
I'll be more ready to argue this point, or agree with this point, from the topic starter after I've actually seen him play and not just read about what he's done in practice.

He will make some plays against 3rd stringers and the Amendola Legend will continue to grow....

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Clove;2173223 said:
First off I'd like to say congrats to Reality, I rarely see him post. :D
Secondly, after watching this video, this Amendola reminds me of how I used to be as a WR.

Didn't have great break-away speed, but my cuts were explosive and as long as the QB threw the ball as I made my cut, I was always opened.

Steve Largent posts here?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
5Countem5;2173224 said:
He will make some plays against 3rd stringers and the Amendola Legend will continue to grow....

You're transparent as hell. Everyone knows your opinion, yet you can't back it up with anything real so you just say crap like this which is untrue.

There have been multiple reports of him beating Newman and Pacman. Pacman even singled him out in an interview saying that he's hard to cover.

Cowboysfan22

Reaction score
To early to say whether or not he'll be any good at all. I would feel more comfortable starting stanbach.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
jobberone;2173089 said:
He looks slow to me but if he can get enough separation then that's all he needs. He doesn't look like a threat to go the distance. I'd be happy if he's so good you can't keep him off the team. He's got a very uphill battle. The problem is we'd have to keep six WRs or he'd have to knock Austin or Stanback off the roster. I don't see that happening but if Austin can't catch the ball this year I don't see him making the team. He's got too much competiton from others who have speed and KR skills. So Austin doesn't make the team this year via STs.

You cannot throw away potential starting safeties and CBs because of a 5th or 6th WR who probably can't play STs.

The deck is stacked against this kid. If he's good enough then he will make this team. If not he sounds like he will probably fit somewhere else.
Evan Oglesby(ufa), Alan Ball(7th round pick), Dowain Davis(ufa), Justin Rogers(NE 6th round pick, waiver pickup), Erik Walden(7th round pick), Richard Bartel(ufa), or Jeff Terrell(ufa) are not potential starting safeties, CBs, linebackers, or qbs. They are all bottom of the roster guys who will make or not make the squad due to some upside to fill a role, whether it be offense, defense, or special teams. Some of which even if they do make the team will have to be inactive for the year so it makes sense to go with the guys with the most upside at a position.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2173235 said:
You're transparent as hell. Everyone knows your opinion, yet you can't back it up with anything real so you just say crap like this which is untrue.

There have been multiple reports of him beating Newman and Pacman. Pacman even singled him out in an interview saying that he's hard to cover.

I'm not sure what part you'd like me to "back up" again but if you tell me I'll be more than happy to explain.

But the truth is he will probably make some plays in the preseason (against scrubs) which will be the first time many of you have ever laid eyes on him and drumbeat to put him on the 53 man roster will continue.

Even though most had him making the team after OTAs.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
I agree, I feel he will make the team, but, if for some reason he does not make our team - he'll make some other teams' roster though.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
5Countem5;2173224 said:
And you are perturbed by this because......?

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2173268 said:
And you are perturbed by this because......?

LOL

Unreal...

Who said it perturbed me? Is there a link where I was rooting against Danny? I want him to make the team more than anyone but am very skeptical.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
5Countem5;2173275 said:
LOL

Unreal...

Who said it perturbed me? Is there a link where I was rooting against Danny? I want him to make the team more than anyone but am very skeptical.

I'm sure everyone is skeptical, but really, it's not like we are losing out on anything if he really isn't any good or depending on him to solve our WR issues. You just seem to be overly pessimistic in regards to his abilities.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
5Countem5;2173254 said:
I'm not sure what part you'd like me to "back up" again but if you tell me I'll be more than happy to explain.

But the truth is he will probably make some plays in the preseason (against scrubs) which will be the first time many of you have ever laid eyes on him and drumbeat to put him on the 53 man roster will continue.

Even though most had him making the team after OTAs.

I'm not sure whether or not you can form a sentence without using some sort of fabrication, fallacy, or outright lie so get your point across.

...and, um, newsflash! Most guys destined to man a 5th or 6th wide receiver role play against guys in a similar position.

You think Hurd and Austin lined up against Champ Bailey all preseason? That's how backups and role players earn their job...by beating the guy on the other side of the ball, no matter who it is.

Guess what? Amendola, by most reports, has been doing just that.

You're failure to comprehend these simple ideas is quite amusing.

PosterChild

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2173279 said:
I'm sure everyone is skeptical, but really, it's not like we are loosing out on anything if he really isn't any good or depending on him to solve our WR issues. You just seem to be overly pessimistic in regards to his abilities.

This isn't about Amendola's abilities or really his NFL prospects with him. It's about his objection to our perceptions or judgment. It bothers him that he knows so much more than we do and that we just don't realize it. He presumes that no one has actually seen DA play football--of course, only 5c...5 has done so. Yeah, sure.

That's okay, come final cut down day we'll see who his daddy is.

:laugh2:

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2173286 said:
I'm not sure whether or not you can form a sentence without using some sort of fabrication, fallacy, or outright lie so get your point across.

...and, um, newsflash! Most guys destined to man a 5th or 6th wide receiver role play against guys in a similar position.

You think Hurd and Austin lined up against Champ Bailey all preseason? That's how backups and role players earn their job...by beating the guy on the other side of the ball, no matter who it is.

Guess what? Amendola, by most reports, has been doing just that.

You're failure to comprehend these simple ideas is quite amusing.

And your hostility is quite disconcerting. You're not Mrs. Amendola are you?

But I'll play along you mouthy little gnat, show me where I used some sort of "fabrication, fallacy, or outright lie ". Let's make this easier, show me where I lied. I'll be here waiting.