Goodbye, Terry Glenn. Hello, Amendola.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2173711 said:
I think it was the thread you started where you implied the Cowboys would go 5-11 if Amendola made the team....

:eek:

stasheroo;2173728 said:
Bingo!

That's what did it for me.

As if Amendola making the team was the beginning of a 5-11 apocalypse....

:abuseme:
Oh look, two people backing up what I've already told you tonight.

Time to pay attention Nors.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2173622 said:
I'm sure Hos has put up a with a lot. Hos even mentioned and I agree that when Nors came back he wasn't trying to start anything and was being a model poster. Well now he's back (to his old tricks)and this thread is an example. He got what he wanted and I don't think Mansta did anything wrong. I think this is a very fair minded board that why some have taken the long rope given to them and ran with it. But eventually they do hang themselves. Nors many times over. You can have your opinions about things but I don't think you'll find many in agreement.

Agree with it all except the latter part of the last statement. I'm not speaking for anyone else. Not going to let you speak for the many without calling you on it. Let them speak for themselves.

What I'm taking home is you think Nors has run outta rope on the board and is getting what he deserves.

Couple of questions. You obviously don't like the fact I called Mansta out for piling on and you've taken a personal part in this because you don't either. I don't actually see Nors being personal with someone in an insulting manner in this thread. Not speaking of style mind you.

Do you think Nors likes being called out by you or worse insulting him for stating his opinion? If you think he's being exuberant in stating his opinions or worse that calls for you to insult him?

Do you think people on this board deserve to post in a friendly atmosphere?

Since you feel it's okay for you to moderate this board do you think it's okay for me to do the same?

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I have not read this thread, except for the tail end.

I will just give my opinion. I don't think he makes the team. You have Owens, Crayton, Hurd, Austin, and Stanback. That is five guys right there. You have Witten, Curtis, and Bennett. Unless he can beat out Austin, he will not make it. I don't see it happening. I'm still not sold on Hurd or Austin being a number two option. I think Jerry will try to look around and add another WR and let Amendola go. He appears to be purely a slot guy.

I would rather keep an extra cornerback or linebacker or safety or DL than keep a little slot WR. That is just my opinion.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
41gy#;2173760 said:

I will just give my opinion. I don't think he makes the team. You have Owens, Crayton, Hurd, Austin, and Stanback. That is five guys right there. You have Witten, Curtis, and Bennett. Unless he can beat out Austin, he will not make it. I don't see it happening. I'm still not sold on Hurd or Austin being a number two option. I think Jerry will try to look around and add another WR and let Amendola go. He appears to be purely a slot guy.

I would rather keep an extra cornerback or linebacker or safety or DL than keep a little slot WR. That is just my opinion.

It still can be done. Bartel is practice squad bound meaning we only keep two active QBs. Anderson will probably be the only FB on the team. We would still have room to keep 6 CBs and 6 WRs. I beleive we were going to have 6 WRs anyway. If Glenn signed the waiver, I think we still would have kept Hurd, Austin, and Stanback. Now that Glenn is gone, Amendola takes that 6th WR spot.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
41gy#;2173760 said:

I would respectfully disagree with your opinion.

I see it completely the opposite.

Given the question marks at receiver, I don't see how the Cowboys could afford to go "light" at that spot.

And I think Welker and the Cheatriots showed the league how important a 'slot receiver' can be to an offense.

I'm not suggesting Amendola is Welker, but even if he's a good slot receiver, the Cowboys might have something that they didn't have before.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
jobberone;2173756 said:
Agree with it all except the latter part of the last statement. I'm not speaking for anyone else. Not going to let you speak for the many without calling you on it. Let them speak for themselves.

What I'm taking home is you think Nors has run outta rope on the board and is getting what he deserves.

Couple of questions. You obviously don't like the fact I called Mansta out for piling on and you've taken a personal part in this because you don't either. I don't actually see Nors being personal with someone in an insulting manner in this thread. Not speaking of style mind you.

Do you think Nors likes being called out by you or worse insulting him for stating his opinion? If you think he's being exuberant in stating his opinions or worse that calls for you to insult him?

Do you think people on this board deserve to post in a friendly atmosphere?

Since you feel it's okay for you to moderate this board do you think it's okay for me to do the same?
I already told you I didn't see anything Mansta did wrong. You were the one I saw as piling on, on Mansta. (If you thought Mansta was out of line with something go to a mod) I didn't say Nors has run out of rope in this instance(thats completely up to the mods). But he has done it many times before in the past. I don't have a problem with his opinions or yours. I have a problem with his trolling for attention and apparently I am not in the minority. And you are the one who was moderating you hipocrite. You went after Mansta.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
stasheroo;2173771 said:
I would respectfully disagree with your opinion.

I see it completely the opposite.

Given the question marks at receiver, I don't see how the Cowboys could afford to go "light" at that spot.

And I think Welker and the Cheatriots showed the league how important a 'slot receiver' can be to an offense.

I'm not suggesting Amendola is Welker, but even if he's a good slot receiver, the Cowboys might have something that they didn't have before.

That's how I see this situation too.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2173772 said:
I already told you I didn't see anything Mansta did wrong. You were the one I saw as piling on, on Mansta. (If you thought Mansta was out of line with something go to a mod) I didn't say Nors has run out of rope in this instance(thats completely up to the mods). But he has done it many times before in the past. I don't have a problem with his opinions or yours. I have a problem with his trolling for attention and apparently I am not in the minority. And you are the one who was moderating you hipocrite. You went after Mansta.

Here is what you did say "I think this is a very fair minded board that why some have taken the long rope given to them and ran with it. But eventually they do hang themselves. Nors many times over." I think it's pretty obvious you think Nors ran outta rope on this one, too. If you can't be honest about it then we're wasting more than time here.

Then there is the "I don't have a problem with his opinion or yours". Gimme a break. If you don't care what my opinion is then why call me a "hipocrite" (sic). Esp when I said I was moderating and asked you if it was fair for me to do so when you are moderating Nors or giving implied consent for it? Well, is it. You obviously don't like being on this end of things. So why do you feel and think it's ok for anyone else to be on the receiving end. That was my point but it went right over your head.

Which means I'm wasting my time here with someone being dishonest and wiggling on a worm for being called out for being a bully. Don't like it much do you?

montgod

Reaction score
ChrisCanty99;2172627 said:
You can't put Amendola in the same category as Terry Glenn. A #1 pick, the best receiver on his college team, with speed to burn, who was a solid #1 WR throughout most of his pro career.

Amendola might be a very nice #3 WR or a capable #2. That isn't so bad. Hope he makes the team.

I fully agree with you. There is no way in the world you can put him in the same category right now. An undrafted Wr vs a #1 pick... no comparison.

- Rod Smith

---------------

Seriously though, I do agree that he is a long shot as many undrafted players are as a whole, but he has performed on the field so far and that's what counts. I think he will make the team and if he gets any PT, I have a feeling he could possibly shake up the WRs hierarchy a bit.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
jobberone;2173795 said:
Here is what you did say "I think this is a very fair minded board that why some have taken the long rope given to them and ran with it. But eventually they do hang themselves. Nors many times over." I think it's pretty obvious you think Nors ran outta rope on this one, too. If you can't be honest about it then we're wasting more than time here.

Then there is the "I don't have a problem with his opinion or yours". Gimme a break. If you don't care what my opinion is then why call me a "hipocrite" (sic). Esp when I said I was moderating and asked you if it was fair for me to do so when you are moderating Nors or giving implied consent for it? Well, is it. You obviously don't like being on this end of things. So why do you feel and think it's ok for anyone else to be on the receiving end. That was my point but it went right over your head.

Which means I'm wasting my time here with someone being dishonest and wiggling on a worm for being called out for being a bully. Don't like it much do you?
Now your calling me a bully? Before you were calling Mansta one. Thats why I asked what he did to deserve being called a bully. You could have just as easily accused Hostile of this but of course you wouldn't do that. As I pointed out earlier that the board gives a long rope, so I was not implying that he has hung himself. This is one incident since he's been back.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2173824 said:
Now your calling me a bully? Before you were calling Mansta one. Thats why I asked what he did to deserve being called a bully. You could have just as easily accused Hostile of this but of course you wouldn't do that. As I pointed out earlier that the board gives a long rope, so I was not implying that he has hung himself. This is one incident since he's been back.

If you think its fair for people to insult someone because their opinion is different than yours then yeah' I'd say you were a closet bully. I didn't see where you insulted him but you have me although I wasn't upset about it, just a tad annoyed you didn't answer any of my questions. And you gave overt approval for others doing it.

I was bullying you a little. Only to make a point. You didn't like it. Maybe he doesn't either. You can have the last word. I promise I'll look at this later. Going outside to look at Jupiter.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
jobberone;2173859 said:
If you think its fair for people to insult someone because their opinion is different than yours then yeah' I'd say you were a closet bully. I didn't see where you insulted him but you have me although I wasn't upset about it, just a tad annoyed you didn't answer any of my questions. And you gave overt approval for others doing it.

I was bullying you a little. Only to make a point. You didn't like it. Maybe he doesn't either. You can have the last word. I promise I'll look at this later. Going outside to look at Jupiter.
Jobberone, honestly I don't know what the heck your doing. I still don't know what Mansta did to tick you off. I don't know what I did to tick you off. I wonder if you had a really bad day at home or work. (that happens to all of us) I'm really confused by your actions in this thread. If you really have a problem how people treat Nors, then why didn't you go to the head honcho? Hostile has been the one all over Nors. (WG has mentioned that he likes to play with the trolls) You've just really confused me more than anything tonight.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2173866 said:
Jobberone, honestly I don't know what the heck your doing. I still don't know what Mansta did to tick you off. I don't know what I did to tick you off. I wonder if you had a really bad day at home or work. (that happens to all of us) I'm really confused by your actions in this thread. If you really have a problem how people treat Nors, then why didn't you go to the head honcho? Hostile has been the one all over Nors. (WG has mentioned that he likes to play with the trolls) You've just really confused me more than anything tonight.

Well, I was actually hoping that more than you and Mansta were reading all of this. Part of it is me and not you. I truly dislike bullies and while you didn't take part in the very mild beating he got here, you were tacitly approving it. It's not right. You are right in the mods are the ones to meet out justice. I just didn't think it was coming so I stepped in; right or wrong. I'm truly sorry I've confused and obviously upset you. That was not my intention.

Can you accept that I was tallking to the bullies out there and using Mansta's and your responses. Then I did bully you a little just so you and others would understand. I sincerely doubt that the behavior of the board is going to change. Esp at my will. At least two other people have heard me and likely others.

I apologize for stepping on your toes either intentionally or not. And you have not upset me. I wish you had answered my questions and it did annoy me but very little. And I was a tad annoyed at the hypocrite remark but I'm way over anything you or anyone else had to say except for one thing.

The tacit approval to gang up on someone.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I don't really know how good Amendola is and if his really good I hope we can keep him. This argument whether his good enough or not doesn't make sense at all since it won't be us deciding.

One thing for sure, I think drafting him has already helped the club. First, it allows Garret to think whether we need a Welker type of slot receiver on the team.

Secondly, Welker tore our defense a new one last year. It gives our team a chance to draw up a defense against Welker if we so happen to play them again.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
jobberone;2173894 said:
Well, I was actually hoping that more than you and Mansta were reading all of this. Part of it is me and not you. I truly dislike bullies and while you didn't take part in the very mild beating he got here, you were tacitly approving it. It's not right. You are right in the mods are the ones to meet out justice. I just didn't think it was coming so I stepped in; right or wrong. I'm truly sorry I've confused and obviously upset you. That was not my intention.

Can you accept that I was tallking to the bullies out there and using Mansta's and your responses. Then I did bully you a little just so you and others would understand. I sincerely doubt that the behavior of the board is going to change. Esp at my will. At least two other people have heard me and likely others.

I apologize for stepping on your toes either intentionally or not. And you have not upset me. I wish you had answered my questions and it did annoy me but very little. And I was a tad annoyed at the hypocrite remark but I'm way over anything you or anyone else had to say except for one thing.

The tacit approval to gang up on someone.
See, I think you earned being called a hipocrite because of your actions tonight. I didn't mean to insult you by saying it, just that your actions just to prove a point makes you one.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2173907 said:
See, I think you earned being called a hipocrite because of your actions tonight. I didn't mean to insult you by saying it, just that your actions just to prove a point makes you one.

Ok. Well I've admitted being one to make a point so that makes me one. You've had the last word.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2173411 said:
Amendola is not near the player that Welker is. I do not think Amendola has the skills to make this team, but maybe he can.

I hope he does.

Now where did I lie, gnat boy?

I smell a rat.

Anyone who doesn't think a player has the skills to make the team, doesn't want that player playing for their team... at least that's how most logical fans think, I hope.

So, to me, you'd look a lot smarter just saying you don't want him on our team. Personally, I don't want Chris Simms on the team. I think he's rather goofy-headed. And I think that's why Gruden, a GREAT QB scout, is alright letting him go.
===

About Amendola: I think he makes the team. And if he doesn't, he'll stay around long enough for the final cut. He has this dimension to his game that I think suits Tony Romo's capabilities very well.

Some have accused Tony of having a "noodle" arm. While he has obviously proved those who squawked that wrong, he does thrive on shorter passes. And I think Amendola fits into that game really well in combination with T.O., Witten and whether it be Hurd, Crayton or Austin...

My guess is that Crayton will still remain our #2 guy. But I can see a guy like Amendola being phase in because, like another poster stated, he brings something to the team thaat we don't have. No, he's doesn't have blazing speed. He's not big. But he's tough to pin down and apparently tough to cover according to some of the best cornerbacks in the league.

That says something. So does his game, if you watch it with an imagination of him improving his game, putting on weight and being a guy that improves himself over time. And don't count out the fact that he played for Tech....

Amendola reminds me of Ricky Proehl, in the sense that he can make those solid plays in the NFL because he does have a sensational aspect to his "college" game. In my opinion, that can translate to production on the field be cause we don't have to rely on him on every play. He's a good guy to mix it up with because he's already running crisp routes and catching the ball.

It's not often you hear such positive things about a rookie.

Though I do realize, the "number crunch" aspect Amendola making the roster. I think the move could make a lot of sense from a personnel standpoint as well as an economic one.

We shall see.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2173682 said:
Just because he wasn't drafted doesn't mean that nobody wanted him. The rule of thumb, especially in the lower rounds, is to draft the player that is on your board that is most likely being targeted by someone else. Then after the draft, you aggresively try to sign the other players that are on your board that did not get drafted. It's called getting the most out of your draft selections and it happens every year.

Think of it this way; If the draft was only four rounds long, does that mean that everyone not drafted is irrelevant? Absolutely not. You just only have a certain amount of draft picks to get a certain amount of players. Teams decided that they would take there chances of signing Amendola after the draft, and as you can see, he didn't last very long as an undrafted free agent before getting signed.

Precisely, and teams even like players they draft later in the draft. But draft another player so some other team doesn't get him first.

carphalen5150

Reaction score
Ben_n_austin;2173952 said:
I smell a rat.

Anyone who doesn't think a player has the skills to make the team, doesn't want that player playing for their team... at least that's how most logical fans think, I hope.

So, to me, you'd look a lot smarter just saying you don't want him on our team. Personally, I don't want Chris Simms on the team. I think he's rather goofy-headed. And I think that's why Gruden, a GREAT QB scout, is alright letting him go.
===
Gruden is a great QB scout? Of course he is...that is why he has made his mark with young up and coming QBs like Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, and Jeff Garcia. His great scouting also led to the great careers that Gradkowski and Tuiasosopo had. Spot on analysis.

As for Amendola...he is a slot receiver at best. I hope he develops and is someone who can handle the slot in the next couple years, but right now I am much more comfortable with Crayton, Hurd, and Austin ahead of him on the WR chart. I think it would be hard for him to beat out Stanback too, so if he is to make the roster we had better hope we take 6 WRs coming out of camp.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
carphalen5150;2173954 said:
Gruden is a great QB scout? Of course he is...that is why he has made his mark with young up and coming QBs like Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, and Jeff Garcia. His great scouting also led to the great careers that Gradkowski and Tuiasosopo had. Spot on analysis.

I'm not saying he is the best scout, but he is in the NFL. And if you remember, he had Gannon producing when no one else was--to the point where the Raiders were one of the best teams in the league. And before you get too awful lippy, let's not forget the very next year he quit the Raiders to coach the Bucs and won a Superbowl with quarterback Brad Johnson--against Rich Gannon and the Raiders.

Now the names of those players may not fancy you as "great". But they didn't have to be in order to be capable of playing in the Super Bowl--in the same year.

Sure, he had some average players too. Though his accomplishments are obviously over your head, he had some good ones--especially with quarterbacks who nobody thought had any thing left in their tank.

As for Amendola...he is a slot receiver at best. I hope he develops and is someone who can handle the slot in the next couple years, but right now I am much more comfortable with Crayton, Hurd, and Austin ahead of him on the WR chart. I think it would be hard for him to beat out Stanback too, so if he is to make the roster we had better hope we take 6 WRs coming out of camp.
I think he can be a great slot receiver. We shall see. I hope he makes the squad. I haven't seen a whole lot from Austin. But I know Hurd and Crayton well enough to say they'll make the team.

I think Amendola has something you're not seeing yet, but I could be totally wrong.

I admit.