Goodbye, Terry Glenn. Hello, Amendola.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
jobberone;2173176 said:
While I understand why Nors takes a pounding he's actually made some logical points on this thread.

I certainly hope he is not rooting against Amendola or anyone else for that matter and just stating the facts. Perhaps if he came across more factual and matter of fact instead of sensational it would be received a little better.

Mansta54;2173212 said:
Ahh, NO, he hasn't.....:laugh2:

jobberone;2173361 said:
If you want to bash him then do it. Seems a lot like being a bully to me though. If that's your thing feel free to do it. Not my board. I'm just a visitor, too.

Mansta54;2173390 said:
Then why waste the time to chime in on the matter at all....:huh: By the way, I didn't bash anybody... Move along dude!!!!!

jobberone;2173403 said:
I don't like bullies but I can't stop you. Do you understand what I'm saying now?

Mansta54;2173439 said:
Me, a bully:laugh2: ..... Dude this is a football board, there's no bullies here. Don't be so thin skinned and sensitive. Relax!!!!

speedkilz88;2173444 said:
I would still like to know what you did.

So you'll know speedkilz88 this is how this started.

Now Mansta54 if you actually meant no disrespect and you weren't piling on to the rest of the let's bash Nors posts then I owe you an apology. However, when you say no he hadn't made any real points despite the fact that he actually appears to really have done and you say it that flippantly with a big laugh then people are going to think you are being a bully at the worst and insensitive at the best.

However, I really wasn't making a point with only you in mind as there were far worse posts made. I'm sorry I picked you out as an example as it does appear here. But I was responding to a post I'd made that you responded to and I just used yours as an example.

Now do I owe you or anyone else an apology?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Bizwah;2173527 said:
I'm from Missouri.

He'll have to Show-Me.

I want to see him in the games. A 5-9 180 pound WR is not going to be a good gunner. He may prove me wrong.

I would hate to see us give up on Austin or Stanback just to keep a guy that would be an average slot receiver at best.

Again, he may show some great things. He'll have to. But I agree with Alexander. Keeping six WRs is a luxury. We have some nice safeties and CBs. I would rather see us go long there. It's hard to find and keep good defensive backs, and they're better on STs than WRs.
They all have to show me, and I don't think they have to make a choice of him over Stanback or Austin. He either forces them to keep 6th or he doesn't make it. There are enough spots for him and still go long in a couple other spots. And his official height from the combine was 5-10 1/2.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
5Countem5;2172803 said:
I'd love to see Danny A make the team

BUT

Amendola ain't Welker and ain't gonna be Welker

AND

Terry Glenn is WAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY better than Amendola

WAS better

speedkilz88

Reaction score
jobberone;2173535 said:
So you'll know speedkilz88 this is how this started.

Now Mansta54 if you actually meant no disrespect and you weren't piling on to the rest of the let's bash Nors posts then I owe you an apology. However, when you say no he hadn't made any real points despite the fact that he actually appears to really have done and you say it that flippantly with a big laugh then people are going to think you are being a bully at the worst and insensitive at the best.

However, I really wasn't making a point with only you in mind as there were far worse posts made. I'm sorry I picked you out as an example as it does appear here. But I was responding to a post I'd made that you responded to and I just used yours as an example.

Now do I owe you or anyone else an apology?
Nors brings it on himself and he loves it. The guy always finds something that can be controversial and makes outrageous statements trolling for reactions. I really don't know where your coming from, Hostile is a lot harder on him than anything I've seen from Mansta.

Bizwah

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2173537 said:
They all have to show me, and I don't think they have to make a choice of him over Stanback or Austin. He either forces them to keep 6th or he doesn't make it. There are enough spots for him and still go long in a couple other spots. And his official height from the combine was 5-10 1/2.

This is a good post. I think he'll have to FORCE the staff to keep six.

I don't like the idea of keeping six WRs if it forces us to cut Oglesby, Brown, Watkins, Scandrick, or Ball.

I don't know if I agree about us being able to go long...maybe that will work right now, but you never know what in*****s will force us to do.

Is he really 5-10 and a half? He doesn't look it. Real jitterbug. I know most don't see him making the PS. We don't know that yet.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Bizwah;2173553 said:
This is a good post. I think he'll have to FORCE the staff to keep six.

Agreed.

I don't like the idea of keeping six WRs if it forces us to cut Oglesby, Brown, Watkins, Scandrick, or Ball.

I think Ball is the only guy you've mentioned that is in danger of losing his roster spot. Last week I would have included Ogelsby, but he seems to be forcing his way onto the roster. If Amendola does make it, I'd think it would be guys like Davis, Ball, or Walden that would be left out.

I don't know if I agree about us being able to go long...maybe that will work right now, but you never know what in*****s will force us to do.
I don't see us keeping 5 safeties. We go long at either CB or WR IMO.

Is he really 5-10 and a half? He doesn't look it. Real jitterbug. I know most don't see him making the PS. We don't know that yet.

He is really 5'10 1/2.

I think most see him making the practice squad at the very least. Most don't see us being able to hide him there. Is that what you meant?

Bizwah

Reaction score
tomson75;2173575 said:
Agreed.

I think Ball is the only guy you've mentioned that is in danger of losing his roster spot. Last week I would have included Ogelsby, but he seems to be forcing his way onto the roster. If Amendola does make it, I'd think it would be guys like Davis, Ball, or Walden that would be left out.

I don't see us keeping 5 safeties. We go long at either CB or WR IMO.

He is really 5'10 1/2.

I think most see him making the practice squad at the very least. Most don't see us being able to hide him there. Is that what you meant?

Yes....that's what I meant.

I just don't think he'll be snatched up like many say. We'll have to see how he plays in PS.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Bizwah;2173587 said:
Yes....that's what I meant.

I just don't think he'll be snatched up like many say. We'll have to see how he plays in PS.

I agree. I do not see why people here think the entire league has cjhanged their minds about him based on reports out of camp. Every team scouted this guy, as the leader in TT receptions, he did go unnoticed.

Why does everyone think teams want him now but did not feel the need to risk a 7th rounder on him a couple of months ago...

I don't get it.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2173546 said:
Nors brings it on himself and he loves it. The guy always finds something that can be controversial and makes outrageous statements trolling for reactions. I really don't know where your coming from, Hostile is a lot harder on him than anything I've seen from Mansta.

Yes, you're correct. He does it sometimes. But not always. It doesn't appear to me that he can try to participate in this board without being a scapegoat.

And Hos is very fair minded and has had to put up with a lot. I'm certain there is stuff we either don't see or no one sees it for long. He and I have talked briefly about this very thing in fact. I'm certain his patience has been worn out.

It's my opinion he doesn't deserve all of what he gets. And I like this board being a very family oriented and fair minded board. I rarely even go anywhere else for Cowboys news and banter.

I think everyone here deserves to be here and do the same thing. I'm sure you are fair enough to think the same. Don't you?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
jobberone;2173607 said:
Yes, you're correct. He does it sometimes. But not always. It doesn't appear to me that he can try to participate in this board without being a scapegoat.

And Hos is very fair minded and has had to put up with a lot. I'm certain there is stuff we either don't see or no one sees it for long. He and I have talked briefly about this very thing in fact. I'm certain his patience has been worn out.

It's my opinion he doesn't deserve all of what he gets. And I like this board being a very family oriented and fair minded board. I rarely even go anywhere else for Cowboys news and banter.

I think everyone here deserves to be here and do the same thing. I'm sure you are fair enough to think the same. Don't you?
I'm sure Hos has put up a with a lot. Hos even mentioned and I agree that when Nors came back he wasn't trying to start anything and was being a model poster. Well now he's back (to his old tricks)and this thread is an example. He got what he wanted and I don't think Mansta did anything wrong. I think this is a very fair minded board that why some have taken the long rope given to them and ran with it. But eventually they do hang themselves. Nors many times over. You can have your opinions about things but I don't think you'll find many in agreement.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
5Countem5;2173593 said:
I agree. I do not see why people here think the entire league has cjhanged their minds about him based on reports out of camp. Every team scouted this guy, as the leader in TT receptions, he did go unnoticed.

Why does everyone think teams want him now but did not feel the need to risk a 7th rounder on him a couple of months ago...

I don't get it.

Well, I think it might have something to do with some people understanding that where you're drafted doesn't always reflect how good of a football player you are. I think it's pretty obvious that things like the combine and campus pro days have a significant impact on where players are taken. Sometimes good football players with bad measurables don't get drafted or get drafted very late...and teams know it.

Furthermore, I think a lot of people have more respect for Roger Staubach, Babe Laufenberg, and the people on the sidelines at camp when it comes to analysis of a young player at camp. That's not meant to be an insult, but rather a testament to an ex player going out of his way to promote a young player to Jerry Jones and Co.

In this particular case, the player is going to be introduced to millions of television viewers, as well as other teams. I don't think its a stretch for a team looking for a wideout taking a stab at guy that has created such a fuss during his time with the Cowboys.

WR's, CB's, OT's, and QB's are fairly difficult to hide on PS. RB's, Safeties, and LB's typically aren't.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2173627 said:
Well, I think it might have something to do with some people understanding that where you're drafted doesn't always reflect how good of a football player you are. I think it's pretty obvious that things like the combine and campus pro days have a significant impact on where players are taken. Sometimes good football players with bad measurables don't get drafted or get drafted very late...and teams know it.

Furthermore, I think a lot of people have more respect for Roger Staubach, Babe Laufenberg, and the people on the sidelines at camp when it comes to analysis of a young player at camp. That's not meant to be an insult, but rather a testament to an ex player going out of his way to promote a young player to Jerry Jones and Co.

In this particular case, the player is going to be introduced to millions of television viewers, as well as other teams. I don't think its a stretch for a team looking for a wideout taking a stab at guy that has created such a fuss during his time with the Cowboys.

WR's, CB's, OT's, and QB's are fairly difficult to hide on PS. RB's, Safeties, and LB's typically aren't.

Well whatever happens, will happen.

I hope he makes it.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
5Countem5;2173593 said:

I don't get it.

Just because he wasn't drafted doesn't mean that nobody wanted him. The rule of thumb, especially in the lower rounds, is to draft the player that is on your board that is most likely being targeted by someone else. Then after the draft, you aggresively try to sign the other players that are on your board that did not get drafted. It's called getting the most out of your draft selections and it happens every year.

Think of it this way; If the draft was only four rounds long, does that mean that everyone not drafted is irrelevant? Absolutely not. You just only have a certain amount of draft picks to get a certain amount of players. Teams decided that they would take there chances of signing Amendola after the draft, and as you can see, he didn't last very long as an undrafted free agent before getting signed.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2173546 said:

Stating that Amendola won't make 53. I was up front and candid with my opinion.

What is controversial there?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Nors;2173708 said:

I think it was the thread you started where you implied the Cowboys would go 5-11 if Amendola made the team....

:eek:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jdub2k4;2173711 said:
I think it was the thread you started where you implied the Cowboys would go 5-11 if Amendola made the team....

:eek:

Bingo!

That's what did it for me.

As if Amendola making the team was the beginning of a 5-11 apocalypse....

:abuseme:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors;2173708 said:

Nothing.

It is the additional commentary you add.

Reminders that Parcells is gone.

"5-11, 5-11, 5-11."

Larry Lacewell's name dropped for troll effect.

In a season where the excitement is on a possible 6th Super Bowl you feel the need to stir up crap with tired agendas.

But you know this already, because I've pointed this out to you personally. You just wanted to play the victim card for the entire forum to see.