Goodbye, Terry Glenn. Hello, Amendola.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Alexander;2173428 said:
Great post.

There is really no reason to keep Rudy Ruettiger unless he absolutely plays his way onto the roster.

That means contributing as a gunner, catching everything his way in live competitive games and in general, making himself indispensible.

Right.

This is gonna sound silly, but keeping the best WR isn't always about keeping the best WR.

In other words, the bottom WRs on a roster must be a blend of WR, ST Ace, and potential.

Amendola has shown to be a good WR. But that won't be enough to move him past Hurd and Austin. His lack of STs ability (or perceived lack) and top end potential won't push him past Austin and Stanback.

He'll have to really show something...like you stated. He'll need to have huge games.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2173438 said:
Technically I kind of agree since you repeatedly keep saying I'm hoping he makes the club and then go on to say otherwise.

Its like saying Roy Williams sucks and should be cut and the guys attitude is terrible... but I hope he proves me wrong.:rolleyes:

I hope he makes the team but do not think he has the skills to do so.

I hope I am wrong.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
5Countem5;2173445 said:
At the risk of calling you a liar, that's wrong. I never once said he sucks- ever.

Do you always just make this stuff up as you go along?
Maybe it was just a bad word choice. He should have just said, "I don't believe you".:D Because we don't.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2173455 said:
Maybe it was just a bad word choice. He should have just said, "I don't believe you".:D Because we don't.

How will I sleep tonight?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
5Countem5;2173445 said:
At the risk of calling you a liar, that's wrong. I never once said he sucks- ever.

Do you always just make this stuff up as you go along?

No, you've been far more subtle...so in this case, think of 'sucks' as euphemism.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Bizwah;2173451 said:
Right.

This is gonna sound silly, but keeping the best WR isn't always about keeping the best WR.

In other words, the bottom WRs on a roster must be a blend of WR, ST Ace, and potential.

Amendola has shown to be a good WR. But that won't be enough to move him past Hurd and Austin. His lack of STs ability (or perceived lack) and top end potential won't push him past Austin and Stanback.

He'll have to really show something...like you stated. He'll need to have huge games.

It will not be seen that way however. There will be some angry bitter individuals who think that once he is cut, that we have bypassed the next Welker.

To me, a sixth WR is a luxury if you have quality depth players elsewhere and again, he is only worthwhile if he contributes to the team in a meaningful way. He's not going to return punts. We have better players to do that.

We know Austin, Hurd and even Stanback can do more than just catch the football. I don't see any reason to keep Amendola unless he shows he can do more. It is just that simple. If he is as good as some of the people of this board have thought since OTAs, then he shouldn't have any problem.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Bizwah;2173451 said:
Right.

Thats fine, but I'd like to add that Garrett had Welker in Miami and really liked the guy and I think that was part of the reason they brought Danny to camp. Garrett could invision Danny as slot receiver and use him like the Patriots used Welker. Teams copycat when somebody does something so well. Its also been mentioned by some guys like Mickey, Sham, etc that he is a guy that can play STs. The deal is there has to be about eight inactives anyway so the bottom roster guys like Danny are going to be inactive anyway.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2173419 said:
What he do? I can't see any bullying from him(and I checked his recent post history). But you've done a pretty good job of piling on him and 5 has thrown some minor insults at tomson

If the shoe doesn't fit then he has my apologies. If it does then he and all the rest of this board can do what they wish but I'd like them to think about it. What is your motive?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2173466 said:
Thats fine, but I'd like to add that Garrett had Welker in Miami and really liked the guy and I think that was part of the reason they brought Danny to camp. Garrett could invision Danny as slot receiver and use him like the Patriots used Welker. Teams copycat when somebody does something so well.

There is a difference between copycatting with the real thing and with a cheap imitation.

PosterChild

Reaction score
tomson75;2173405 said:
Thanks for waiting.

Awww...how clever. Mrs Amendola? What does that make you? Mrs. Welker? Your adulation for him seems to supersede all logic.

Lmao...'mouthy little gnat'? Does that make you feel BIG and BAD? Neat. You're my hero.

Your entire premise on this board is a lie. You continue to state that you hope Amendola makes the team, and then show it by saying he isn't 1/100th of the player of so and so, or that his undrafted status somehow preemptively means he's going to be cut. You continually use evidence against him that your hero, amongst others, have proven to be stupid arguments.

Your 'analysis', if you can call it that, goes against all scouting reports and common perceptions, yet since you're a TT fan it should be regarded above all others...even your fellow TT brethren.

You haven't said one positive thing about the guy outside of 'I want him to make the team'.

So yeah, I'm calling you a liar.

I would've have pointed out the same thing if I cared enough to do it. That little inconsistency has been self-evident from his very first post to me (essentially asserting a priori that I've never seen DA play!) within the last day or so. It's all bout trolling and diminishing the opinions of others here. A big fan of Amendola indeed. Must confess that I have found his bit somewhat amusing, but these acts have a fairly short shelf life...:D

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Alexander;2173474 said:
There is a difference between copycatting with the real thing and with a cheap imitation.
Yes, you are definitely a cheap imitation of Simon.

:DJ/K

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Countem5;2173453 said:
I hope he makes the team but do not think he has the skills to do so.

I hope I am wrong.
For certain, you're no Nors. Nors will say, "Amendola won't make the roster" and he'll deal with the criticism.

Going by your comments, who knows what your position is.

It's like watching a politician work a crowd. Wishy-washy.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
jobberone;2173471 said:
If the shoe doesn't fit then he has my apologies. If it does then he and all the rest of this board can do what they wish but I'd like them to think about it. What is your motive?
My motive is I don't know what you were talking about. You were going after him personally and I still don't know what he did. I asked and you didn't answer. What did he do?

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2173501 said:
For certain, you're no Nors. Nors will say, "Amendola won't make the roster" and he'll deal with the criticism.

Going by your comments, who knows what your position is.

It's like watching a politician work a crowd. Wishy-washy.

You don't understand my position? Not very bright , are you?

Bizwah

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2173466 said:
Thats fine, but I'd like to add that Garrett had Welker in Miami and really liked the guy and I think that was part of the reason they brought Danny to camp. Garrett could invision Danny as slot receiver and use him like the Patriots used Welker. Teams copycat when somebody does something so well. Its also been mentioned by some guys like Mickey, Sham, etc that he is a guy that can play STs. The deal is there has to be about eight inactives anyway so the bottom roster guys like Danny are going to be inactive anyway.

I'm from Missouri.

He'll have to Show-Me.

I want to see him in the games. A 5-9 180 pound WR is not going to be a good gunner. He may prove me wrong.

I would hate to see us give up on Austin or Stanback just to keep a guy that would be an average slot receiver at best.

Again, he may show some great things. He'll have to. But I agree with Alexander. Keeping six WRs is a luxury. We have some nice safeties and CBs. I would rather see us go long there. It's hard to find and keep good defensive backs, and they're better on STs than WRs.