Goodell a great Commish for the times

jay94

Reaction score
What???

Goodell has destroyed the league. Worst SB ratings since ‘69 I believe plus you know they are lying about the actual ratings.

Same about the pandemic with a over 99% survival rate. What they won't tell you the rise in suicides and billionaires getting richer quicker than any time in history.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Same about the pandemic with a over 99% survival rate. What they won't tell you the rise in suicides and billionaires getting richer quicker than any time in history.

I hear you. That’s a topic I have a bunch of opinions on. I can talk for hours on what’s going on. My wife thinks I am a nutter. I think I have a gift for deciphering BS.

I pray on it often.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Goodell deserves much credit for not only steering the league thru this seasons pandemic but really the most difficult era Id argue in NFL history as it continue to transcend with the times including all of the issues it’s confronted with in society.

I know he’s received criticism for his disciplinary actions of players but that’s a critical part of the success he’s been able to achieve overcoming theses social unrest the league and its players have encountered which has divided some of our fans as they have walked away as a result.

But he’s stayed the course protecting the Iconic label and its owners interest. And every decision in the long run appears the right decision for the league.

But the way he handled this pandemic with strict guidelines fining HC’s for not wearing mask initially and the protocols to avoid not cancelling any games which no other league can claim is truly remarkable.

He’s going to be an early lock for HOF. And history is going to reflect generously on him perhaps before he’s done surpassing Rozelle as greatest Commish ever.

Yea, I said it here first.
It's true. You said it here 1st.
Kudos.

lockster

Reaction score
I hear you. That’s a topic I have a bunch of opinions on. I can talk for hours on what’s going on. My wife thinks I am a nutter. I think I have a gift for deciphering BS.

I pray on it often.
Dang roght

lockster

Reaction score
You’re aware of how CTE threatened the existence of the NFL until major rule changes were implemented and benefits paid out to players to avoid further legal battles?

it was an issue the league had ignored before. And if legal battles had continued without taking action there’s a good possibility could have reached Congress threatening the NFL Anti Trust designations.
Yes, congress was bought out. The NFL is in anti trust violations. It's rules are unconstitutional on how it runs the league, like not being able to sue the league as an owner, or U pay for both sides of legal expenses!!! The NFL comes down the pike from Karl Marx

lockster

Reaction score
Yeah. That's what makes this whole assertion about him being accomplished seem nonsensical. Goodell rode the wave of the sport's popularity when he took over. He's presided over one of the most tarnished dynasties the sport has ever had (NE). In an effort to reach out to new fans he's jumped on the social issue bandwagon to the alienation of a significant portion of the historical fan base.

They've changed rules to the point that traditional football has become penalized. Every year seems to see a new penalty/referee scandal. What has the guy actually done that can be viewed as a positive for the sport?
Can't say amen enough

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yea, I support upstanding and respectable representation of the NFL.
Goodell does his job and he does it well.
Yes.
Garrett did his job and he angled the organization he worked with well.

Two different things and also the the same.

I can see your logic.

Turk

Reaction score
Goodell does his job and he does it well.
Yes.
Garrett did his job and he angled the organization he worked with well.

Two different things and also the the same.

I can see your logic.
Logic on LSD.....

Rayman70

Reaction score
iu
this happened. NOTHING was done. Zeke was reprimanded harshly, for heresay.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Of course not. It's all about what looks good and what doesn't. The perception of the league being a bunch of potheads could cost them fans/money. No more complicated.

I've debated this topic for a long time and that sentiment has been used for the main point behind the necessity for the policy. Well, the policy finally changed and the reaction to it has been deafening silence.

jnday

Reaction score
Goodell deserves much credit for not only steering the league thru this seasons pandemic but really the most difficult era Id argue in NFL history as it continue to transcend with the times including all of the issues it’s confronted with in society.

I know he’s received criticism for his disciplinary actions of players but that’s a critical part of the success he’s been able to achieve overcoming theses social unrest the league and its players have encountered which has divided some of our fans as they have walked away as a result.

But he’s stayed the course protecting the Iconic label and its owners interest. And every decision in the long run appears the right decision for the league.

But the way he handled this pandemic with strict guidelines fining HC’s for not wearing mask initially and the protocols to avoid not cancelling any games which no other league can claim is truly remarkable.

He’s going to be an early lock for HOF. And history is going to reflect generously on him perhaps before he’s done surpassing Rozelle as greatest Commish ever.

Yea, I said it here first.
He has done a great job destroying the league. He has allowed politics to effect the game, which caused a big drop in viewership and caused many fans to leave the game permanently. He has been inconsistent with fines and suspensions depending on the player and team. Those are my biggest issues with him, but there are many more problems that he has not handled well. If he wasn’t gutless, most of the problems would have not have become problems to start with. I defended him for years, but I finally woke up and saw how spineless he really is. His reputation with fans has been horrible for years and I understand why.

jnday

Reaction score
iu
this happened. NOTHING was done. Zeke was reprimanded harshly, for heresay.
Zeke was suspended after Goodell’s number one investigator told him that there was no credible evidence against Zeke, but Goodell chose to suspend him anyway because he was looking for a high profile player to make an example of. At the very least, he should have found a player that was guilty of the charges against him, but guilt was not Goodell’s concern.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Zeke was suspended after Goodell’s number one investigator told him that there was no credible evidence against Zeke, but Goodell chose to suspend him anyway because he was looking for a high profile player to make an example of. At the very least, he should have found a player that was guilty of the charges against him, but guilt was not Goodell’s concern.
well said and true

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He has done a great job destroying the league. He has allowed politics to effect the game, which caused a big drop in viewership and caused many fans to leave the game permanently. He has been inconsistent with fines and suspensions depending on the player and team. Those are my biggest issues with him, but there are many more problems that he has not handled well. If he wasn’t gutless, most of the problems would have not have become problems to start with. I defended him for years, but I finally woke up and saw how spineless he really is. His reputation with fans has been horrible for years and I understand why.
Like so many fans you’re holding the wrong person responsible. Commish represents the owners.

Everything the league has done is a direct reflection on them. It’s Goodell’s job to negotiate their best interests.

And he’s done so well they’ve rewarded him.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fans forget that a guilty verdict isn’t necessary to violate the Personal Conduct Policy. The fact he was accused for DV tarnished the leagues image which is all that’s necessary for a violation.

And he didn’t help himself with the other incidents diminishing his character making him look guilty with arrogance not caring while he was under investigation leaving the league little choice based on the policy to suspend .