Goodell a great Commish for the times

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My hope and intent of this thread was to present a positive message towards Goodell in his efforts this season steering the league thru this pandemic which is receiving great praises from all critics.

And I think it provides an opportunity to tout his efforts and results during his tenure which is often overlooked amongst the difficult decisions he’s had to make.

Select fans have chosen to attack me personally instead of addressing the issues I’ve attempted to address derailing this thread which was probably their intention making it more about me than the issues at hand.

But I never cower to these personal attacks and won’t allow them to intimidate by trolling this thread.

Haimerej

Reaction score
If you don’t know what it is you really shouldn’t be in the discussion.

Again, you’ve yet to offer anything but attack me personally.

I've only critiqued your opinions. Don't whine about personal attacks when you've been throwing shade at everyone who disagrees.

If you can't articulate what you're in favor of then maybe it's you who shouldn't be in the discussion.

Haimerej

Reaction score
But you’re ok with the athletic entertainers promoting issues you agree with.

No. I'm just as indifferent. Try again.

It’s common for entertainers in all fields using their stage to promote issues they feel strongly about. This is just an issue this segment doesn’t agree with. And the reason they don’t needs to be called out.

Not while they're working. I can't recall a movie where the story stopped so an actor could virtue signal. Sometimes they make movies about issues they're passionate about. Those usually do poorly.

But you say you're calling out the reason some fans disagree. You've yet to state that reason. Hard to call something out if you're not even saying what it is.

Haimerej

Reaction score
My hope and intent of this thread was to present a positive message towards Goodell in his efforts this season steering the league thru this pandemic which is receiving great praises from all critics.

And I think it provides an opportunity to tout his efforts and results during his tenure which is often overlooked amongst the difficult decisions he’s had to make.

Select fans have chosen to attack me personally instead of addressing the issues I’ve attempted to address derailing this thread which was probably their intention making it more about me than the issues at hand.

But I never cower to these personal attacks and won’t allow them to intimidate by trolling this thread.

Once again, any criticism you've received has been based solely upon your arguments. You've libeled people who disagree with you, refused to accept honest answers from them, and then played the victim when your argument was shown to be weak and based on sweeping generalizations.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No. I'm just as indifferent. Try again.

Not while they're working. I can't recall a movie where the story stopped so an actor could virtue signal. Sometimes they make movies about issues they're passionate about. Those usually do poorly.

But you say you're calling out the reason some fans disagree. You've yet to state that reason. Hard to call something out if you're not even saying what it is.
On live performances, yes entertainers have . And they often have episodes or films which bring attention to their causes.

And all I need to state is that they are opposing. I think most can figure it out without infringing on the rules.

Haimerej

Reaction score
On live performances, yes entertainers have . And they often have episodes or films which bring attention to their causes.

And all I need to state is that they are opposing. I think most can figure it out without infringing on the rules.

So you're not calling out the reason why they're opposing? You're all over the place.

Why don't you accept the reasons many have stated why they oppose?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Once again, any criticism you've received has been based solely upon your arguments. You've libeled people who disagree with you, refused to accept honest answers from them, and then played the victim when your argument was shown to be weak and based on sweeping generalizations.
We’re allowed to label groups or individuals outside the forum members without receiving personal attacks.

For example we can say Jerry or the Romo lovers suk or bash them but we can’t a forum member.

Which means we can attack a members message but we can’t attempt to discredit them personally because you don’t like the message. It’s actually a very simple rule to follow.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So you're not calling out the reason why they're opposing? You're all over the place.

Why don't you accept the reasons many have stated why they oppose?
Because it’s important to know why they oppose it. And I’d argue cause they don’t agree with their message. Do you ?

Haimerej

Reaction score
We’re allowed to label groups or individuals outside the forum members without receiving personal attacks.

For example we can say Jerry or the Romo lovers suk or bash them but we can’t a forum member.

Which means we can attack a members message but we can’t attempt to discredit them personally because you don’t like the message. It’s actually a very simple rule to follow.

What personal attack have you suffered?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What's the message?
I think you know. It’s one we aren’t allowed to openly discuss here. Not taking the bait. We can discuss without going into particulars as I have done.

And I think we’ve pretty well exhausted our discussion. I assume you are opposed to the NFL stance they’re taking on the issue.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I think you know. It’s one we aren’t allowed to openly discuss here. Not taking the bait. We can discuss without going into particulars as I have done.

And I think we’ve pretty well exhausted our discussion. I assume you are opposed to the NFL stance they’re taking on the issue.

You can't ask me if I agree or disagree with something you won't even articulate.

"Hey Greg. I'm passionate about general things that I won't tell you. Do you agree with those things?" This is what you're doing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You can't ask me if I agree or disagree with something you won't even articulate.

"Hey Greg. I'm passionate about general things that I won't tell you. Do you agree with those things?" This is what you're doing.
I think your smarter than that. I mentioned the social injustice issue . That’s enough . If not then we will have to end it here.

But I suspect you don’t want to state your stance on the issue because then it labels you.

Ghost12

Reaction score
I think your smarter than that. I mentioned the social injustice issue . That’s enough . If not then we will have to end it here.

But I suspect you don’t want to state your stance on the issue because then it labels you.
I guarantee you, I support social justice far, far more passionately than you do.

But what I consider "social justice" is true social justice, whereas what you consider "social justice" is a perversion of the term.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I guarantee you, I support social justice far, far more passionately than you do.

But what I consider "social justice" is true social justice, whereas what you consider "social justice" is a perversion of the term.
No, social injustice is the issue. I’m not sure you do understand the players and NFL issue?

Interesting how that segment either doesn’t understand the issue or don’t want to be identified as such. But they’ll gladly attack those that do support the players stance.

Ghost12

Reaction score

It's just an old trick, and it isn't fooling anyone. Claim the moral high ground and demonize the opposition. "We are the good guys and we oppose the bad guys!! You support the good guys, right?!?"

Of course, every single totalitarian regime in the history of the world has said the exact same thing....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This issue isn’t about this thread. Some members are attempting to derail it.

This thread is about applauding Goodell for the tremendous job he did steering the league thru this season .

And it’s an opportunity to tout his job during his tenure which the owners have rewarded him for and I’d argue is time for all fans to show their appreciation.

Ghost12

Reaction score
This issue isn’t about this thread. Some members are attempting to derail it.

This thread is about applauding Goodell for the tremendous job he did steering the league they this season .

And it’s an opportunity to tout his job during his tenure which the owners have rewarded him for and I’d argue is time for all fans to show their appreciation.
Any honest discussion of the subject would have to admit the NFL got very lucky with the timing of everything. Covid exploded shortly after the conclusion of the previous season, so the NFL didn't even have to do anything for about 6 months. They got to see how other Leagues handled the whole thing, then really did little beyond piggybacking on the ideas set forth by the other Leagues, especially MLB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Any honest discussion of the subject would have to admit the NFL got very lucky with the timing of everything. Covid exploded shortly after the conclusion of the previous season, so the NFL didn't even have to do anything for about 6 months. They got to see how other Leagues handled the whole thing, then really did little beyond piggybacking on the ideas set forth by the other Leagues, especially MLB.
The leagues all made the right decision. The events that unfolded sparked the public perception for most.

It’s just another great example of Goodell’s leadership.