Goodell a great Commish for the times

Haimerej

Reaction score
Fans who are in opposition to the players and leagues stance on social injustice are rooting for the league to be financially impacted enough that they’ll go back in time. But I don’t believe that’s likely. Public opinion isn’t going to accept the prejudice perception any longer.

Who's prejudice? The only prejudice in this thread has been yours.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Of course he and the league was reactionary. Initially he and the league didn’t react properly to the Rice situation nor the social injustice. The important point is they eventually moved in the right direction despite the push back from the more misguided and misinformed opposition.

I don’t believe I’ve stated any of his actions were his idea or he was a great leader. He’s basically peddling the owners message. I even said he was like a buffer for the mob( owners). He’s basically a moderator for the owners. He’s not taking any of these issues on himself. He’s representing the owners. If you hate Goodell then you hate the owners. And that’s fine but be clear what your stance is.

So you love the owners?

Are you trying to get an internship or something? You seem to talk out of both sides of your mouth. You tout him as great but when confronted with his shortcomings you say he's just a puppet. But I guess you respect that kind of thing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sigh...

The only spinning here is your continued use of, "TV viewership." Again, they're including ALL platforms in that 91 million number for the Super Bowl. They even added in out of home viewers (e.g. people in sports bars) to get to that total, which is something they've not done in the past.

It's also funny that you tout Goodell’s efforts to combat CTE while ignoring the NFL putting players at more risk via Thursday night games, quick turnarounds, and now adding another game to the schedule simply because they want more money.

Maybe if he wasn't alienating a significant portion of his fanbase they wouldn't have to take these measures.
Does that include all of the fans who illegally use the internet to watch games without a subscription service?

Who cares if there’s less TV viewership if revenue continues to grow.

Im so thrilled the NFL is alienating prejudice fans from watching the NFL. Screw Em. That appears to be the leagues stance too. Even more reason to tout Goodell, the league and players stance. Lol

The league is basically giving that segment of fans the middle finger. God bless em. My checks in the mail!!

Haimerej

Reaction score
Look it up. You need to know what exactly the issue is. Google will define it much better than I can. Some of the verbiage and description wouldn’t be allowed in this forum.

I've looked it up. I'm not sure you understand it. You seem misguided and misinformed.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Does that include all of the fans who illegally use the internet to watch games without a subscription service?

You think that's a significant chunk?

Who cares if there’s less TV viewership if revenue continues to grow.

Sponsors. Revenue won't keep growing if sponsors are reaching less people.

Im so thrilled the NFL is alienating prejudice fans from watching the NFL. Screw Em. That appears to be the leagues stance too. Even more reason to tout Goodell, the league and players stance. Lol

The league is basically giving that segment of fans the middle finger. God bless em. My checks in the mail!!

Why do you think those people are prejudiced?

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Don’t really care anymore. I’m getting too old to try and save them. All I can do now is fight to slam it down their throats. Just like the NFL is doing. Feels good!!!

Let them go watch Nazcar. Lol

Haimerej

Reaction score
Don’t really care anymore. I’m getting too old to try and save them. All I can do now is fight to slam it down their throats. Just like the NFL is doing. Feels good!!!

Let them go watch Nazcar. Lol

Save them?

You're confused. I'm asking you what about these people you're saying are prejudiced makes them prejudiced. You're so caught up in hero worship you can't be critical of the positions players take. You realize they can be wrong, right?

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I don’t know if it’s a significant chunk. Do you?

I do know that I hear many of these young family members of mine tell me I don’t need Satellite or cable TV to watch any games I want to. And they aren’t using a subscription. So, there must be a way to tap into it.

Even on this forum in game days I see where fans are sharing free sites to go to in order to stream a game.

Its not something I have patience for. I pay a ridiculous amount for DTV. 5 TV’s in my Cave alone.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Save them?

You're confused. I'm asking you what about these people you're saying are prejudiced makes them prejudiced. You're so caught up in hero worship you can't be critical of the positions players take. You realize they can be wrong, right?
No, they’re fight can’t be wrong. Remember , I grew up in the 60’s in the South. It’s real and still deeply embedded here. And throughout . The ones in denial are usually the worst.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s a significant chunk. Do you?

I do know that I hear many of these young family members of mine tell me I don’t need Satellite or cable TV to watch any games I want to. And they aren’t using a subscription. So, there must be a way to tap into it.

Even on this forum in game days I see where fans are sharing free sites to go to in order to stream a game.

Its not something I have patience for. I pay a ridiculous amount for DTV. 5 TV’s in my Cave alone.

Do you report them for piracy?

Haimerej

Reaction score
No, they’re fight can’t be wrong. Remember , I grew up in the 60’s in the South. It’s real and still deeply embedded here. And throughout . The ones in denial are usually the worst.

Funny. I grew up in the south. Born in the '80's. What you think is deeply embedded here is wrong. I've worked with nearly half of all the law enforcement agencies in my state. I think you're just being nostalgic for a time when you felt like you were doing something important. Just like the players, you're misguided and misinformed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Funny. I grew up in the south. Born in the '80's. What you think is deeply embedded here is wrong. I've worked with nearly half of all the law enforcement agencies in my state. I think you're just being nostalgic for a time when you felt like you were doing something important. Just like the players, you're misguided and misinformed.
Like I said. Those who don’t believe prejudices are still prevalent are in denial. Because everyone down here has some level. Even those of us fighting so hard for their plight. It’s embedded in our culture here.

I have been to parts of the country where it’s not like this.

There has been progress no doubt. But the rhetoric in recent years has emboldened that old sad tone. Like they’re afraid of the progress that’s been made.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I can’t verify they did. I haven’t actually seen it. Is it against the law ?

Piracy is against the law, Greg. Report the sites.

However, you may find those sites are part of the platforms the NFL is including in their numbers. That might throw a wrench in your theory though.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Like I said. Those who don’t believe prejudices are still prevalent are in denial. Because everyone down here has some level. Even those of us fighting so hard for their plight. It’s embedded in our culture here.

Who said prejudice isn't prevalent? Everyone has prejudices. I'm saying that the majority of the cases presented as evidence of social injustice are flat out lies meant to further a narrative.

The cases that are actually injustices are so few and far between it can hardly be considered a systemic problem. But the narrative pushers have an agenda which is more important than reality.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I have been to parts of the country where it’s not like this.

There has been progress no doubt. But the rhetoric in recent years has emboldened that old sad tone. Like they’re afraid of the progress that’s been made.

You should get out of your bubble. Go spend some time with, "rednecks." You might be surprised at how little you know about them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Piracy is against the law, Greg. Report the sites.

However, you may find those sites are part of the platforms the NFL is including in their numbers. That might throw a wrench in your theory though.
I really don’t know. Ignorant on those matters. Regardless , it doesn’t appear the league is overly concerned with losing the viewers at this time . Which I applaud them for. Initially they didn’t take the stance they are now. And those fans can fall off the face of the earth for all I care. These recent years has developed a segment I want nothing to do with.,

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You should get out of your bubble. Go spend some time with, "rednecks." You might be surprised at how little you know about them.
I’ve had to tolerate those type my whole life. I’ve had enough. It’s the worst part of living here.