Gosselin: Jason Garrett, staff let Cowboys down when they were needed most

PAINFROMUKRAINE

Reaction score
What the heck is taking the Dallas Media so long to finally attack the HC for this crappy season? Are they all scared to call out JG because they may get on Jerry's bad side. Coughlin gets crucified every few years by the NY Media and he has 2 Super Bowl Rings. The Dallas Media should be embarrassed for being so complacent. Does Goose have to break the ice? Jerry needs to feel some local Media pressure about finally making a change for the better. The Cowboys Fans around the world deserve better.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Cliche

Tuna Lite was semi retired when he got here, he was only here to recoup on the riches he lost in his divorce settlement.

Don't believe the fallen pebble okie dole

Parcells time in Dallas was much a do about nothing.

Granted Parcells was at the end of the road. But Parcells at the end of the road was hands down better than any of these clown coaching staffs that GM Jerry has assembled.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
Tell us something we didnt already know . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sure its true, but its not like its some amazing discovery to figure this out.

very true. but its overdue for articles like this to be out there and Garrett gets the reputation he deserves so Jerry can make a change. Garrett has been teflon far too long and for some reason above reproach. The more stuff like this is in the media/local media etc. the better.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
very true. but its overdue for articles like this to be out there and Garrett gets the reputation he deserves so Jerry can make a change. Garrett has been teflon far too long and for some reason above reproach. The more stuff like this is in the media/local media etc. the better.

True.

Gameover

Reaction score
Jason's biggest mistake was benching Brandon Weeden(made worse with the release) if the coach had a backbone then he would've admitted he made a mistake and put Weeden back in as the starter.

By the end of the Seahawk game it was clear that Cassel was complete garbage.

Weeden had performed better than solid but had been a hard luck loser because the defense and overall discipline wasn't there the first 6 games or so, then NE came to town and their coaching staff totally dismantled ours. Garrett made Weeden the scapegoat for that and thus our season died right there.

The bleeped up thing about is our defense has become one of the better defenses in the league, but our offense had become down right dreadful with Cassel at QB.

I think we would've been right in the race had we not panicked and benched Weeden; then the idiotic release after it was clear that Cassel was trash. Maybe the worst QB performance I've seen in team history. He's actually playing with talent around him, Ryan Leaf and the scrubs between Aikman and Romo weren't.

cml750

Reaction score
Yes, have the Colts been back to the Super Bowl since?

Of course not. Hiring a coach is not an exact science. It is always a gamble. With Garrett we know we have bad hand, that has been proven. Time to fold and draw some more cards. Sooner or later you get a hand full of aces. I think some people are scared to change because yes it could get worse but it is obvious Garrett is not the answer. Of course I would gladly play the hand if Sean Payton fell into our lap.;)

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jason's biggest mistake was benching Brandon Weeden(made worse with the release) if the coach had a backbone then he would've admitted he made a mistake and put Weeden back in as the starter.

Weeden had performed better than solid but had been a hard luck loser because the defense and overall discipline wasn't there the first 6 games or so, then NE came to town and their coaching staff totally dismantled ours. Garrett made Weeden the scapegoat for that and thus our season died right there.

The bleeped up thing about is our defense has become one of the better defenses in the league, but our offense had become down right dreadful with Cassel at QB.

I think we would've been right in the race had we not panicked and benched him; then the idiotic release after it was clear that Cassel was trash. Maybe the worst QB performance I've seen in team history. He's actually playing with talent around him, Ryan Leaf and the scrubs between Aikman and Romo weren't.

They said Weeden played scared and that Cassel would take chances. After a couple of games Cassel started playing like Weeden. Should have just kept him in there if that was the case.

knightrider94

Reaction score
Of course not. Hiring a coach is not an exact science. It is always a gamble. With Garrett we know we have bad hand, that has been proven. Time to fold and draw some more cards. Sooner or later you get a hand full of aces. I think some people are scared to change because yes it could get worse but it is obvious Garrett is not the answer. Of course I would gladly play the hand if Sean Payton fell into our lap.;)

I'm afraid that Payton will end up in Indy or, worst yet, NY.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

Garrett's like a couple of mining penny stocks that I have in my IRA that have ZERO value because I hung on hoping they would come back. I actually have 2 of them that are listed as positions and the value is 0 for both.

cml750

Reaction score

I think we would've been right in the race had we not panicked and benched Weeden; then the idiotic release after it was clear that Cassel was trash. Maybe the worst QB performance I've seen in team history. He's actually playing with talent around him, Ryan Leaf and the scrubs between Aikman and Romo weren't.

Seriously??? Weedon was captian checkdown. He NEVER looked downfield instead almost immediately dumping it of to the checkdown receiver. I am not saying Cassel was better. They both sucked. It comes down to a bad scheme that takes a superstar to run. We did nothing to help either one of them.

knightrider94

Reaction score
If he ends up in NY we are in bad trouble.

Yep. And Jerry knows this, but will stay with Garrett. Some positional coaching changes and more excuses will be made in the offseason.

That is why I am not one of those who say he is a great owner, but bad GM; in fact, he is a bad owner and a bad GM because he is more concerned with his personal comfort and need for control over the betterment of the Cowboys. We've got 20 years of evidence to back up my claim. If we needed a new stadium, we would get an established coach. But, he's played that chip and the Cowboys are worth about $5 billion and the $$$$$$ continues to pour in. I'm 43 and don't think I'll see another championship in my lifetime. No joke.

End rant.