Gotta share from Philly

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Dallas fans here don't even give them credit for winning a Super Bowl in 2017. You think they are going to give us credit for getting as far as they did in the playoffs? Not going to happen. That's how division rivals work.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Everyone has tough questions but the Eagles. How about if Wentz can stay healthy for a full season? One of the best attributes a qb can have is availability and he has not proven that yet. There is their tough question.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone has tough questions but the Eagles. How about if Wentz can stay healthy for a full season? One of the best attributes a qb can have is availability and he has not proven that yet. There is their tough question.
Agree with that, more than any other player/team. If he stays healthy all the way, they could make the NFCCG, if not, depending on when the injury comes, they could be picking in the top 10.

Plus the fact, they don't know about him as a finisher, if he stays healthy. His backup bailed him out twice.

The Eagles fans are going to watch their QB like I used to watch ours, looking at him as much after the play as while making the play. That does add a little drama element to the watching of the games.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I’d say you are taking the viewpoint from the homer segment of the Eagles fan base and making it sound as if that is the opinion of all of them.

From an overall talent perspective, the Eagles are in the group of teams that should be considered as contenders. Same goes for the Cowboys.

I think you yourself are sounding a bit homerish if you think the Eagles pass rush is a question because we lost a one year rental in Bennett.
I'd say Philly homers are dumber than most.

Philly had 44 sacks last year.
They lost #2, #3 and #5 in sacks for a total of 15.5 of those 44 sacks.
They return one guy who had 5+ sacks.

Malik Jackson is a good interior pass rusher but he was also rated in the bottom 5 players in run defense so may not play all that many snaps.

The revamped Philly DL is def a question mark from a contender status.
That D in general is a concern given the LB and DB play has been mid at best.

The OL is very, very good and if Wentz is healthy the offense will roll.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
What are you basing that one? History? Shear probability? Okay, I can play that game.

Last 5 times the Eagles lost their starting QB to longterm injury:

2018: 9-7 made playoffs, won a playoff game
2017: 13-3 Won NFC east, Won Super Bowl
2014: 10-6 missed playoffs on tiebreaker
2013: 10-6 Won NFC East, made playoffs
2010: 10-6 won NFC East, made playoffs

You say we better pray he stays healthy? YOU better pray he stays healthy.

They dont have Nick "Savior" Foles anymore

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
So I live in the Philly area and have to deal with all the Philly homers in person and on the radio. According the them, the Eagles are the best team and it's not even close. Even though we won the division last year and are arguably a better team with a full year of Cooper and Frederick back at center, not to mention the acquistion of another pass rushing stud and Vander Esch with another year under his belt. I agree that Philly did some nice things in the offseason including adding Desean Jackson and Malik Jackson. But they also lost their best pass rusher in Michael Bennett, Brandon Graham is overpaid and a year older and lost their Nick Foles safety net.
Philly fans will give the Cowboys no credit. Their first words are "Dallas Sucks." Someone put on Facebook that Zeke is demanding a trade to the Eagles because they have a better chance at winning a Super Bowl. Not that this is true but it got them all riled up. 90% of them said that they wouldn't want him because he's a bad guy or he's overrated. I just have to laugh. Guaranteed if he ever were to go there, he would be revered and stick in our faces how they stole him and are the better team because they have him and we don't. It's really comical. The other day on the radio the hosts were saying everyone in the division has tough questions except for the Birds. Dallas's question is whether or not Zeke will be there this year. Of course he will, it may take some time but he will play football this year for the Cowboys. That was the best they had. We are a worse team because of that question. I'd say the Iggles have a tough question in who is gonna rush the passer this year now that Bennett is gone?
What say you?
They be watching too much espn.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I'd say Philly homers are dumber than most.

Philly had 44 sacks last year.
They lost #2, #3 and #5 in sacks for a total of 15.5 of those 44 sacks.
They return one guy who had 5+ sacks.

Malik Jackson is a good interior pass rusher but he was also rated in the bottom 5 players in run defense so may not play all that many snaps.

The revamped Philly DL is def a question mark from a contender status.
That D in general is a concern given the LB and DB play has been mid at best.

The OL is very, very good and if Wentz is healthy the offense will roll.

Homers are pretty much dumb in general...regardless of which team they root for. It’s always unwise to constantly prop up your own team while discrediting a rival. Lack of objectivity is basically a lack of intelligence. (Not saying you...just a basic statement on homerism in general).

As for just using sacks as a barometer for determining the effectiveness of a pass rush...I wouldn’t. Especially when evaluating a team that rotates the d-line frequently. Players get less overall snaps. I think it’s best to use overall team ‘pressures’ as a measurement...just my take.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The fake news media is all in for Philly so it's easy for those fans to buy into every word being sold to them about their own superiority. They are ignoring they got swept by the Cowboys last season and lost the division title to the Cowboys. They are in full-blown hype mode of their own offseason news clippings. Let them believe it because I want it to hurt when they get swept again by them Cowboys.

Reaction score
Philly's season revolves around the health of Carson Wentz. They don't have Foles to backstop another injury.

If Wentz plays the full season they will be very tough to beat. I wouldn't write off the Cowboys completely, but they are the underdogs if Wentz stays healthy

ArtClink

Reaction score
Philly is doing something right because they won the super bowl 2 years ago. We won the super bowl 24 years ago.
14315073238_13e79eeca4_m.jpg

CB61

Reaction score
So I live in the Philly area and have to deal with all the Philly homers in person and on the radio. According the them, the Eagles are the best team and it's not even close. Even though we won the division last year and are arguably a better team with a full year of Cooper and Frederick back at center, not to mention the acquistion of another pass rushing stud and Vander Esch with another year under his belt. I agree that Philly did some nice things in the offseason including adding Desean Jackson and Malik Jackson. But they also lost their best pass rusher in Michael Bennett, Brandon Graham is overpaid and a year older and lost their Nick Foles safety net.
Philly fans will give the Cowboys no credit. Their first words are "Dallas Sucks." Someone put on Facebook that Zeke is demanding a trade to the Eagles because they have a better chance at winning a Super Bowl. Not that this is true but it got them all riled up. 90% of them said that they wouldn't want him because he's a bad guy or he's overrated. I just have to laugh. Guaranteed if he ever were to go there, he would be revered and stick in our faces how they stole him and are the better team because they have him and we don't. It's really comical. The other day on the radio the hosts were saying everyone in the division has tough questions except for the Birds. Dallas's question is whether or not Zeke will be there this year. Of course he will, it may take some time but he will play football this year for the Cowboys. That was the best they had. We are a worse team because of that question. I'd say the Iggles have a tough question in who is gonna rush the passer this year now that Bennett is gone?
What say you?
Well I'm not going to bash you for living in the Philly area but you got to remember they were the only NFL stadium at one point they have their own jail and Court maybe they still do I don't know but what does that say for you

Kingofholland

Reaction score
What say you?

Every fan base has delusional fans, but the Eagles fan base always takes it to another level. I also live in the Philly area and have never met a more in obnoxious fan base. Hate being around them for any game.

I will say they're certainly passionate about their team, have high expectations each year, but quickly turn on their teams.

Can't tell you how many times I have left a Philadelphia stadium and after a loss they start chanting for the next Philly team up. Pretty fun leaving the Eagles stadium after a loss and hearing lets go Flyers.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Homers are pretty much dumb in general...regardless of which team they root for. It’s always unwise to constantly prop up your own team while discrediting a rival. Lack of objectivity is basically a lack of intelligence. (Not saying you...just a basic statement on homerism in general).

As for just using sacks as a barometer for determining the effectiveness of a pass rush...I wouldn’t. Especially when evaluating a team that rotates the d-line frequently. Players get less overall snaps. I think it’s best to use overall team ‘pressures’ as a measurement...just my take.
It wasn't just sacks.
Bennett led the Eagles in tackles for loss.
He had 30 QB hits which is 3x more than any returning Eagles player not named Cox.

The Eagles didn't replace Bennett nor Long.
They replaced Ngata a 1-dimensional plus run stopper with a 1-dimensional plus pass rusher in Malik.
I'd say the DL is around the 10-12 area which is about same as DAL and a good 5-6 spots drop from last year.
DAL is better on the 2nd and 3rd levels by a good margin.

On O, Eagles are better ar WR/TE by a lot. Especially TE.
DAL better at RB assuming Zeke signs/returns but I like Philly's depth quite alot there.
OLs are arguably two best in football.
QB is always going to be debated but I'd say Wentz has more upside but less consistency, sturdiness or meaningful success thus far. Neither team has ANY QB depth but this is the NFL so few do.

All in all should be another good divisional race but I'd def lean to DAL based mostly on having a deeper, younger roster.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
still league leader in YPC, thanks for asking

He has played 16 games 1 out the last 7 seasons? Twice for his entire career? Most TDs in a seasons the last 5 years is 6? Last 4 years the most TDs 4? Dude is not the same. Maybe he has a small spike this year but then will fall off like he has trended the last 5 years.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
He has played 16 games 1 out the last 7 seasons? Twice for his entire career? Most TDs in a seasons the last 5 years is 6? Last 4 years the most TDs 4? Dude is not the same. Maybe he has a small spike this year but then will fall off like he has trended the last 5 years.

ok