CZ POLL Grade the Cowboys Draft

What grade do u give to the Cowboys 2018 Draft class?

• A+

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • A

Votes: 53 13.5%
  • A-

Votes: 73 18.6%
  • B+

Votes: 108 27.6%
  • B

Votes: 77 19.6%
  • B-

Votes: 25 6.4%
  • C+

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • C

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • C-

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • D

Votes: 5 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mardwin

Reaction score
B+ not thrilled about the #19 selection. Should have traded a 4th rounder to get ahead of the Chargers and grab Derwin James.

Ace-is-high

Reaction score
surprised no safety picked, maybe something with ET is still in the works for a 2019 pick, etc
There's still decent free agents out there who will get cheaper as teams start running out of money, I think the front office will address this soon enough

Chrispierce

Reaction score
At face value on paper? I’d say they drafted much better early in the first 3,than they did after. 4th rd is rather blah in my score avg,I’d put it right between B- and C+. I think a couple could be franchise guys,and some pretty bad. Which ones is the question? Long as it’s not just avg guys and bad ones...then you’ve got a poor draft with an F,for our most popularly used American word.

Ace-is-high

Reaction score
I' thinking A-, the Indiana linebacker was puzzling at first but the fact that he was a QB as a freshman his IQ could be a real asset if he pulls it together, like Rico another 6th round project, the UT guard and Boise State receiver and 3rd round receiver are picks that got me pumped, can' wait for training camp to start

plymkr

Reaction score
B+.....with a chance to be an A.
don't hate any of the picks,personally.
I think we added 3 day1 starters in LvE,Williams and Gallup.
Armstrong,Schultz and Wilson could be special.
Love Bo.
curious to see Covington....dont think Ive seen an IU game in awhile.
Solid draft....cant wait to watch'em.
Yeah this is how I kind of feel. B+ with a chance of an A depending on how our first pick pans out. For the first year I usually look at the first 4 rounds as possible contributors their rookie year and how much they can contribute determines the grade. Rounds 2 and 3 are A's, Round 1 is a B+ and the fourth rounders look like value picks that can at least go on special teams and possibly contribute in a year or two more productively.

Overall I am happy with this draft. We didn't panic and draft a TE or WR out of need and reached for them. That's what I'm happy about. In past years we would have jumped the gun and "panic drafted" players.

Cap12

Reaction score
I loved their Draft up until the Austin trade. I like the value with Scarborough in the 7th. Covington is an interesting pick. Not sure if he's even as good as the guy he played next to. Wilson is nice value, but don't have any reason why they needed to take him (though we did get a DT in Jihad from the Ryan S trade).

So I gave them a B+.

Highlights:
LVE Best cover LB taken on day 1
Williams- Athletic OL who should plug right in at LG and make our line perhaps the best ever.
Gallop- one of three NFL ready WR's in the draft.
Armstrong-Speed rusher with some upside. Better than the kid from BC against the run.
Schultz- The latest grad of TE U. Plenty of upside here.
White- terrific value pick that will give us a young, talented QB waiting in the wings should Dak get hurt or falter.

For me this is an A that far.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
B+.....with a chance to be an A.
don't hate any of the picks,personally.
I think we added 3 day1 starters in LvE,Williams and Gallup.
Armstrong,Schultz and Wilson could be special.
Love Bo.
curious to see Covington....dont think Ive seen an IU game in awhile.
Solid draft....cant wait to watch'em.

Kind of this. I was the most positive I had been in a long time in Rds 1-3. Patient, no reaches, letting guys fall to us. Today was the negative. Like a TE and a trade for Tavon for a 6th but I felt we went away from strategy and threw things against a wall to see what would be a hit. Still a B to B +

mardwin

Reaction score
How do we know that was even doable?

The front office didn't entertained the notion of moving up waiting for someone to fall down. You do that when you don't have 10 picks like they did.

Cap12

Reaction score
Good draft for the most pressing needs; could of used a higher pick on DT. I like our previous year's picks of DBs.
A+: LVE
A: Williams
A-: Gallup, Schultz
B+: White, Armstrong
C: Scarbrough, Wilson

A+ Gallup
A LVE, Williams, White
B+ Wilson, Schultz
B Scarborough, Armstrong

B for the Jihad/Switzer trade
C- for the Austin/6 rounder trade

waving monkey

Reaction score
I truly don't get the comparison with Vander Esch and Bobby Carpenter. He may not be Urlacher but he also isn't Carpenter either.
It's a nonsense comparison. Look at his experience vs. production. This kid is special.
It may take him a little time but he takes over for Lee.

waving monkey

Reaction score
The homer in me is thrilled.
LVE wasn't my first choice but I went back and watched him play and the back story.
The tangibles are the thing you look for ina first rounded and this kid is aces. He will work
his rear end off and we'll never miss Lee when he retires. LVE is the kind of player that has
a shot at becoming great. Great pick.
CWilliams answered all my prayers. WE are back to winning.
Gallup helps rebuild the WR corp and good value.

We will win more games this year and do it with a lot of rookies and young players.
We will be relevant for years to come in the play offs.

waving monkey

Reaction score
The front office didn't entertained the notion of moving up waiting for someone to fall down. You do that when you don't have 10 picks like they did.
They had LVE targeted before the draft. Rumors were they liked Vea better [stunned] but let LVE come to them.
LB was a big need equal to OG. This kid id going to kill it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
1 (19) Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
2 (50) Connor Williams, G, Texas
3 (81) Micheal Gallup, WR, Colorado
4 (116) Dorance Armstrong, DE, Kansas
4 (137) Dalton Schultz, TE, Stanford
5 (171) Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky
6 (193) Chris Covington, LB, Indiana
6 (208) Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise
7 (236) Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama

Sorry I couldn’t add any options after D.
the one thing that would have made this draft an A was the mistake we made in round 2. eagles traded just one slot ahead of us to get Dallas Goedert. We should have done this and traded up one slot and gave up a 6th round pick. and we could still draft a guard in the 3rd or 4th round. I do like Gallup. I think he will be a solid WR. not sure about the rest. Hate to have lost Switzer but I guess with all the WRs, a DT was a higher priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.