CZ POLL Grade the Cowboys Draft

What grade do u give to the Cowboys 2018 Draft class?

• A+

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • A

Votes: 53 13.5%
  • A-

Votes: 73 18.6%
  • B+

Votes: 108 27.6%
  • B

Votes: 77 19.6%
  • B-

Votes: 25 6.4%
  • C+

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • C

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • C-

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • D

Votes: 5 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

willia451

Reaction score
I'll say B. That's pretty safe. Since these are all just prospects and potentials.and nobody really knows. Even if they think and say they do. Its all just educated guesses.

This isn't FF. Where you already know.

So............B. It wasn't a self-described special teams draft like in 2009 or whatever it was. They really tried.

So............B.

Centex

Reaction score
I listed Vander reach and Williams as two players I didn't want in the first but would have been happy with either in the second. I thought LVE was a guy whose hype caused his draft stock to soar in the same way Byron Jones did. I want to know what it would have taken to get James. But taking Williams in the second was pretty good since the other linemen were gone.

I also see LVE as possibly being similar to Fredbeard who I thought was an overreach but I was wrong.

I will give it a solid B. Disappointed in some of the later picks.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
B+ They landed 3 guys that will contribute right away in the first 3 rounds. All 3 at positions of need.

I would of liked a big DT but I have officially given up on that, they just aren't interested.

They got a solid QB prospect along with a pass rusher and a hammer at RB as well.

I also like all the speed they added this off season with Austin, Thompson, Gallup and Wilson.

Not a whole lot to complain about.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
B+

At least 3 if not 4 will start day 1. May have the next Lattimore amongst the group.

None seem overly flashy. Biggest thing is they all need to STAY HEALTHY so they get to be used before Thanksgiving.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good draft for the most pressing needs; could of used a higher pick on DT. I like our previous year's picks of DBs.
A+: LVE
A: Williams
A-: Gallup, Schultz
B+: White, Armstrong
C: Scarbrough, Wilson

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
1. Vander Esch was a little bit of a reach, but he’s still a first round talent that will contribute immediately.

2. Williams probably fell a little bit, your second best value pick. Quality player who could realistically play all 4 outer line positions but will probably be your LG for the future. Your whole line is now set (as long as Collins stops sucking).

3. Gallup is fine at where you took him, and it’s good you went WR this early.

4. Armstrong was taken too soon. Not a big fan of his this early on day 3, but he can make plays. Schultz was not the best player available, but I think this was a need pick, and he definitely was the best te available.

5. White... no. You threw away a 5th round pick. Rush is better, and you’re not carrying 3 QBs. This could have been a DT, a S, or another CB who could have pushed the starters and contributed right away. 5th round is still where a lot of important players are picked.

6. Don’t know these guys, you have a lot of WRs now... but it’s a 6th rounder. Maybe he surprises

7. Scarborough great value. Could have been taken as early as the fourth. He’s a beast and I suspect will have the no. 2 job locked up by week 1.

Overall... B+.

CWR

Reaction score
You cant grade a draft for bla bla bla.

Sorry fellas, someone had to say it.

I gave em a solid "B" Be aware I know nothing, but I do have a draft magazine.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Picks 1,2,3 A. Picking LVE at 19 is partly what helped drop williams and gallup to become steals in the 2nd and 3rd.

Imagine wr get ridley at 19 then all of the decent LB's could have been long gone b4 50.

Saturday was crap except bo. Round 7 is a win if healthy but not a loss if not.

Gameover

Reaction score
Best pick. Cedrick Wilson - Looks better than most of the top tier WR, including Gallup. If he can avoid TC injuries(a thing w the Cowboys), I could see him being a surprise contributor

Most impactful pick from Day 1: Connor Williams - plug him in at LG and let Collins and Fleming duel over the RT spot. Flem kicks Collins’ behind in a fare fight

Crossing my fingers the brass knows what it’s doing pick: LVE - Don’t see it but I’m no LB expert

He damn sure looks the part pick: The DE from Kansas - He displayed a complete repertoire of pass rush moves in his highlight package. Speed, power, hands, spin move, duck under... WOW

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.