CZ POLL Grade the Cowboys Draft

What grade do u give to the Cowboys 2018 Draft class?

• A+

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • A

Votes: 53 13.5%
  • A-

Votes: 73 18.6%
  • B+

Votes: 108 27.6%
  • B

Votes: 77 19.6%
  • B-

Votes: 25 6.4%
  • C+

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • C

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • C-

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • D

Votes: 5 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizwah

Reaction score
the one thing that would have made this draft an A was the mistake we made in round 2. eagles traded just one slot ahead of us to get Dallas Goedert. We should have done this and traded up one slot and gave up a 6th round pick. and we could still draft a guard in the 3rd or 4th round. I do like Gallup. I think he will be a solid WR. not sure about the rest. Hate to have lost Switzer but I guess with all the WRs, a DT was a higher priority.
Williams helps this team more than Goedert would have.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Don't know how you can judge a draft until after at least the first year. But just a lucky guess, I give it a "B".

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give me a athletic player with heart and I'll give you an overachiever who excels.
Don't know how you can judge a draft until after at least the first year. But just a lucky guess, I give it a "B".
True. How many GMs and HCs 'know' they have a sure thing? I grade on averages and the eye test. Otherwise, everyone would just flip a coin or toss darts. It's all about team chemistry, schemes, and sometimes, dumb luck.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The Armstrong, White and especially Covington picks dragged it down from an A for me.

ESisback

Reaction score
IMHO, it was a very good draft--very solid and practical. If the staff improve their playcalling and adjustments, and we stay relatively healthy, the sky's the limit.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Williams helps this team more than Goedert would have.
In today's NFL you need TEs and lots of teams try to have two good ones. if Witten retires we don't have a threat at TE and Gathers is a work in progress and a big unknown. a good TE puts the defense on their heels. we could have gotten a guard in the 3rd or 4th.

ESisback

Reaction score
In today's NFL you need TEs and lots of teams try to have two good ones. if Witten retires we don't have a threat at TE and Gathers is a work in progress and a big unknown. a good TE puts the defense on their heels. we could have gotten a guard in the 3rd or 4th.
Swaim, Jarwin, Gathers and Schultz, plus whoever else. We'll be fine.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Swaim, Jarwin, Gathers and Schultz, plus whoever else. We'll be fine.
I’m terribly sorry...don’t mean to interrupt the conversatiion,but Schultz is leaving a flat taste in my mouth at the end of those names.. It’s not gonna work. It comes off the tongue all wrong. For him to have any chance at all...I’m gonna need to sexy it up with “Sgt.Schultz” or “Schultz Malt Liquor” ect. I mean let’s get real here fellas...he had to know this would be factor in teams final decisions to draft him at some point....I’m sure he’ll be ok with it.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m terribly sorry...don’t mean to interrupt the conversatiion,but Schultz is leaving a flat taste in my mouth at the end of those names.. It’s not gonna work. It comes off the tongue all wrong. For him to have any chance at all...I’m gonna need to sexy it up with “Sgt.Schultz” or “Schultz Malt Liquor” ect. I mean let’s get real here fellas...he had to know this would be factor in teams final decisions to draft him. I’m sure he’ll be ok with it.

I can't wait to say "May the Schultz be with you" when he scores :muttley:

That is a play from Spaceballs.......

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I can't wait to say "May the Schultz be with you" when he scores :muttley:

That is a play from Spaceballs.......
It’s just hangin out there....how can one resist? I’ve already got like 7 names for Vander Schnitzel going,and I haven’t even started yet. Looooool

Juggernaut

Reaction score
iGtCFAa.gif

Manster68

Reaction score
I gave it an A-.

I'm not fully sold on Vander Eshe. Here's hoping he turns into a 6-4 256 version of Sean Lee.
Williams, Gallup, Wilson, and Scarborough were home run picks considering where they were chosen.

Armstrong, Schultz, White, and Covington fills various holes. Tavon Austin is the 192nd pick.

This draft looks very promising.

ghst187

Reaction score
I thought we had a few good picks and a lot we will have to wait and see on. However, the most impressive moves of our draft was picking up Austin for a mere 6th and flipping an unneeded WR at an overstocked position for a young player with talent at a position of need.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Have to see them play, and
How much they are used.
Often the picks get 1 or 2
Plays a game, then they are
Gone.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
1 (19) Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
2 (50) Connor Williams, G, Texas
3 (81) Micheal Gallup, WR, Colorado
4 (116) Dorance Armstrong, DE, Kansas
4 (137) Dalton Schultz, TE, Stanford
5 (171) Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky
6 (193) Chris Covington, LB, Indiana
6 (208) Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise
7 (236) Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama

Sorry I couldn’t add any options after D.

I went B because I haven't seen any of them play an NFL game yet.I'd give FO a B plus or A for sticking with the "process" ;). Now go get a safety somewhere

DanA

Reaction score
B+

I'm warming to LVE after getting Gallup and Williams.....things seemed to work out. It's probably only the lack of DT that I'm unhappy with and I didn't think much of the Shultz or Wilson when I checked them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.