Great interview with Tom Landry

rambo2

Reaction score
My dad was a lifelong Cowboys fan and the very first Christmas I remember I came out of my room and there was a Cowboys jersey and helmet hanging on the mantle. That must have been 1986. He quit the team on the spot as soon as Landry was fired. He hated the Cowboys after that.

He told me about the heartbreaking losses to the Steelers in the Super Bowl and yet he was still rooting for the Steelers in Super Bowl 30.
It would be nice if some of the fans here would quit the team and root for another team.

EST_1986

Reaction score
My dad was a lifelong Cowboys fan and the very first Christmas I remember I came out of my room and there was a Cowboys jersey and helmet hanging on the mantle. That must have been 1986. He quit the team on the spot as soon as Landry was fired. He hated the Cowboys after that.

He told me about the heartbreaking losses to the Steelers in the Super Bowl and yet he was still rooting for the Steelers in Super Bowl 30.
Sounds like he was a Landry fan not a Cowboy fan. Much like alot of these people on the board today are fans of Dak or Romo and not the actual team.

Hardline

Reaction score
Can a mod delete the triggered part of my post? I don't want to take away from the intent of the post and not derail it on a side issue.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Last part of the interview Landry speaks of his Christian faith in case anyone gets triggered. He addressed the term America's Team .

Great Interview. I had the pleasure to travel with the 70's Cowboys and Landry was a leader of men with character and integrity.

I wish we had Clint Murchinson today as a owner of the Dallas Cowboys. Even in his present state vs Jerry Jones present state.

1942willys

Reaction score
They were saying that Landry can't win the big one and they were trashing the Cowboys saying they would always be next years champions.
The newspapers were and thankfully back then social media was not around and people were not lemmings like they are now

J_Allen

Reaction score
Sounds like he was a Landry fan not a Cowboy fan. Much like alot of these people on the board today are fans of Dak or Romo and not the actual team.
He was a Landry fan but he also loved the players. He just didn't like Jones coming in and dismissing Landry the way he did and then hiring Johnson, who he never liked.

J_Allen

Reaction score
It would be nice if some of the fans here would quit the team and root for another team.
It would be more nice if we didn't have blind fans pumping money into the Cowboys and trying to silence the smart fans who see this organization for what it is. That's what's keeping this train wreck going.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Last part of the interview Landry speaks of his Christian faith in case anyone gets triggered. He addressed the term America's Team .

No triggering but respect for his stance on his beliefs. Much respect!

I love the Cowboys, I'm in love with Jesus Christ .

Fan since 1966 of the Cowboys. Fan of Jesus since 1988 !

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tissues all around.
ilDgZCF.gif