Great interview with Tom Landry

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just pointing out that nobody thought that 1970 team was close after the 2 playoff loses to the Browns and the 2 devastating loses to the Vikings and Cardinals that year. Then throw in the Bears loss in 1971 where Landry alternated qbs after every play.
IDK… once we went with Roger after Bears game we didn’t lose again until the Super Bowl.

I still thought that team was close enough from being in 2 NFL title games in previous years before Browns playoff losses that team could make a run. We still had core talent together. Those were great teams from 66 and 67 which came a last second play in both Title games from championships against one of greatest teams in NFL history. The Browns losses were big upsets but Browns were a legit team with Jim Brown.

Again I don’t see any comparison from that team ( next year champions) and this team. obviously that team was very close with back to back SB appearances.

This team would be more comparable to our 2006-2009 team which hadn’t had much playoff success not knowing how close it was.

rambo2

Reaction score
IDK… once we went with Roger after Bears game we didn’t lose again until the Super Bowl.

I still thought that team was close enough from being in 2 NFL title games in previous years before Browns playoff losses that team could make a run. We still had core talent together. Those were great teams from 66 and 67 which came a last second play in both Title games from championships against one of greatest teams in NFL history. The Browns losses were big upsets but Browns were a legit team with Jim Brown.

Again I don’t see any comparison from that team ( next year champions) and this team. obviously that team was very close with back to back SB appearances.

This team would be more comparable to our 2006-2009 team which hadn’t had much playoff success not knowing how close it was.
Jim Brown retired after the 1965 season.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Then you would say that the current team is close.
Depends on your definition of close, they haven't played in anything past the second round since 1995, I'd say that was not close. However, the Landry teams were in championship games just 3 and 4 years before 1970. That's close to me.

Hardline

Reaction score
Lolllll. Explain what you said then. Why are the same people mad about Santa same ones mad at Christianity? Humor me
Because both holidays Easter and Christmas is based on Christian tradition .And both trigger bed wetting Karen's like you. :thumbup:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Because both holidays Easter and Christmas is based on Christian tradition .And both trigger bed wetting Karen's like you. :thumbup:
Christian tradition? Santa clause is idolatry. What does the Bible say about idolatry?

I told you I'd embarass you. Better hope mods call the fight

Hardline

Reaction score
Christian tradition? Santa clause is idolatry. What does the Bible say about idolatry?

I told you I'd embarass you. Better hope mods call the fight
Actually you accidentally got something right. Santa is idolatry. What triggers you is Christianity. I've been banned 26 times. I'm not afraid of the fight getting called. I'll take it as far as it's allowed to go. :thumbup:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Actually you accidentally got something right. Santa is idolatry. What triggers you is Christianity. I've been banned 26 times. I'm not afraid of the fight getting called. I'll take it as far as it's allowed to go. :thumbup:
You're losing it. You said people that hate Santa hate Christianity. Which one is it? Shouldn't Christians hate Santa? Lol when did I say I hated Christianity? Keep embarrassing yourself

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Tom Landry garnered more respect from the players, public and fans than Jerry ever will. It's just sad that Stephen may not, either. :omg:

Last edited:

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
I interviewed Tom Landry in Jan 1979 after the Cowboys' Super Bowl practice at the Yankees' old Spring Training Complex in Ft. Lauderdale. As he pulled out his rental car from the parking lot, he stopped and I stuck my head through his passenger side window. What happened next goes in my lifetime top 10. "Tom you are looking at the greatest Dallas Cowboy fan this side of the Mississippi River." With a giant wide smile, Tom responded: "Pleased to meet you."

I got the man who was famous for never smiling to smile for me,

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I interviewed Tom Landry in Jan 1979 after the Cowboys' Super Bowl practice at the Yankees' old Spring Training Complex in Ft. Lauderdale. As he pulled out his rental car from the parking lot, he stopped and I stuck my head through his passenger side window. What happened next goes in my lifetime top 10. "Tom you are looking at the greatest Dallas Cowboy fan this side of the Mississippi River." With a giant wide smile, Tom responded: "Pleased to meet you."

I got the man who was famous for never smiling to smile for me,
He was probably scared ******** that a stranger was sticking his head in his passenger window. :laugh:

MikeT22

Reaction score
In 1970 the Cowboys lost to the Vikings 54 to 13 and they lost at home to the Cardinals 38 to 0. We're they close? The went to the Super Bowl thar year. They then won it the following year.

Then you would say that the current team is close.
I must've missed the part where the current team went to the SB or NFCCG...anytime in the last 28 years.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jesus this thread is a mess. Landry was awesome. I was a kid in my double digits by the time I started to really understand who he was and what he had brought to the game and shortly after he was gone from football. Sadly, he never won the big one during my fanhood.. I grew up on Danny White NFCCGs :(

rambo2

Reaction score
I must've missed the part where the current team went to the SB or NFCCG...anytime in the last 28 years.
You guys don't get the point. It was unknown at that time that those historic teams would win after they were beaten so badly.