Twitter: Great play by Wilson

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I mean I really don't care about "rankings" lol. Do I have good receivers who don't drop the football and catch? That's all I need. Rankings aren't based on actual skill its based on how they produce with their quarterback....nobody cared last year that the Mavs had a top receiving group when they had Dalton and Dinucci throwing to them. If Wentz is on his game and plays like he did in 2017 then the "rankings" will be better. But when I watched the Colts last year I liked what I saw. Not the most exciting offense and they aren't going to put up a bunch of fantasy points but I saw Pittman make some big plays and Hilton was the security blanket.

Pittman and Hilton are much better than anything he's had in Philly in awhile.
Lol well yea, I don't particularly care about the rankings either. Just making the point that the weapons aren't really that much better.

They'll be more reliable than Philly, I guess, but my point is more that Wentz worked well in Philly b/c they could be so explosive. The Colts don't have that now, so I don't really agree that Wentz is in the perfect spot.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No they are not exclusive, but there is not necessarily cause and effect. Donovan Wilson did not make Wentz decide to not throw the ball away.
Make him not throw it away? lol. So, if a DB makes cuts in front of a receiver and gets an INT he gets no credit because he didn't make the QB throw the ball? Doing a good job of staying close to the receiver and making a good read and break to the ball means nothing in the play?

In this case, no he didn't "make" Wentz not throw the ball away, but he did force a quicker decision than Wentz wanted to make, and he did take advantage and hit Wentz and cause a fumble when Wentz didn't throw it away, and he was there ready to recover the fumble, so it was still a good defensive play. And, again, the fact that Wentz was left with the options of throwing it away or getting hit also indicates a good defensive play. If Wilson had stayed back and never attacked Wentz then Wentz would have more options and more time to decide on the best options.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Make him not throw it away? lol. So, if a DB makes cuts in front of a receiver and gets an INT he gets no credit because he didn't make the QB throw the ball? Doing a good job of staying close to the receiver and making a good read and break to the ball means nothing in the play?

In this case, no he didn't "make" Wentz not throw the ball away, but he did force a quicker decision than Wentz wanted to make, and he did take advantage and hit Wentz and cause a fumble when Wentz didn't throw it away, and he was there ready to recover the fumble, so it was still a good defensive play. And, again, the fact that Wentz was left with the options of throwing it away or getting hit also indicates a good defensive play. If Wilson had stayed back and never attacked Wentz then Wentz would have more options and more time to decide on the best options.
Holy non sequitirs, Batman. You're talking about things that I'm not.

Per the bolded, that's my entire point. The fumble was secondary to the quarterback's poor decision making, which started long before Wilson closed anway. A turnover is not necessarily the product of a good defensive play, and this is a good example of that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Holy non sequitirs, Batman. You're talking about things that I'm not.

Per the bolded, that's my entire point. The fumble was secondary to the quarterback's poor decision making, which started long before Wilson closed anway. A turnover is not necessarily the product of a good defensive play, and this is a good example of that.
Your entire point? Lol. So you are running from the fact you suggested Wilson did not make a good play? You are going to pretend you never posted that?

If you are going to hide from your own words there is no reason to attempt reasonable conversation

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Your entire point? Lol. So you are running from the fact you suggested Wilson did not make a good play? You are going to pretend you never posted that?

If you are going to hide from your own words there is no reason to attempt reasonable conversation
No I didn't. I have said multiple times that it was well defended. The way it was defended did not cause the turnover.

Don't give me this reasonable conversation garbage when you misquote me. I mean, misquoting and then misdirecting about how it's not reasonable conversation is your M.O., but it's pointless.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No I didn't. I have said multiple times that it was well defended. The way it was defended did not cause the turnover.

Don't give me this reasonable conversation garbage when you misquote me. I mean, misquoting and then misdirecting about how it's not reasonable conversation is your M.O., but it's pointless.
Your initial post was that people were mistaking bad offense for good defense, and you did not qualify that comment by saying you only meant it relative to the turnover, so you actually did indicate good defense was not involved.

But you're backpedaling now, and trying to change the context.

Of course, even if you had limited your comment to the fumble, it still baffles me how you think covering receivers so the QB had nobody to throw to, attacking the QB so he wasn't comfortable and able to take his time, hitting the QB and recovering the fumble all had nothing to do with the turnover.

The fact the QB could have done more to be safe with the ball doesn't change the fact that coverage forced a change in the course of the play, attacking the QB forced the action, knocking the ball out of the QB's hands forced the fumble, and recovering the fumble forced the opponent to relinquish the football.

The QB didn't just drop the ball with no influences from the defense.

Last edited:

InTheZone

Reaction score
If Wilson gets the starts this year he might go on to be my favorite player currently on this team. I'm getting Roy Williams #31 rookie excitement from him.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Your initial post was that people were mistaking bad offense for good defense, and you did not qualify that comment by saying you only meant it relative to the turnover, so you actually did indicate good defense was not involved.

But you're backpedaling now, and trying to change the context.

Of course, even if you had limited your comment to the fumble, it still baffles me how you think covering receivers so the QB had nobody to throw to, attacking the QB so he wasn't comfortable and able to take his time, hitting the QB and recovering the fumble all had nothing to do with the turnover.

The fact the QB could have done more to be safe with the ball doesn't change the fact that coverage forced a change in the course of the play, attacking the QB forced the action, knocking the ball out of the QB's hands forced the fumble, and recovering the fumble forced the opponent to relinquish the football.

The QB didn't just drop the ball with no influences from the defense.
The f are you babbling about? This all false lmao

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
For those of you who say this guy is a boarder line stater I feel sorry for you. You don’t watch the games and you don’t have any clue about this guys closing burst. All he has done is make plays when he’s played pre season or regular this guys a playmaker
Wilson is a down hill running one dimensional safety where his strength is in the box, not saying thats a bad thing, and it might be just enough to make this roster again.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Wilson is a down hill running one dimensional safety where his strength is in the box, not saying thats a bad thing, and it might be just enough to make this roster again.
He also puts the fear of God in WR’s and RB’s with his physical play. That’s huge.