Twitter: Great play by Wilson

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
LOL when you focus on that guy for every play for an entire game your life will never be the same. His play is so bad it will devour a part of your soul.

Well said. Please tell me he will be on an NFC East team next year where I can watch his play and get back that part of my soul devoured.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes and that's not what happened here. Wentz had all the time in the world after escaping the pocket to throw the ball away - the sack is on him for not throwing the ball away and the fumble is on him for not protecting it. Those two things have nothing to do with what happened before or what the defense was doing.
It was a great play by Wilson and the defense. A turnover always is.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
thor-hammer-timegif.gif

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It was a great play by Wilson and the defense. A turnover always is.
Lmao no it's not. I'd bet that 3/4 turnovers are the offense's fault. The idea of defenses "forcing" a turnover is mostly a myth. Here's a good example:

DL barely wins at the POA, and the RB runs into his own blocker. The defense didn't do anything to cause that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, that's not what I said. But also the pass rush didn't get there until almost 4 seconds. The ball should have been gone even before Wentz left the pocket.

You just refuse to give the quarterback any agency, but that's not how the NFL works now. You think that's a sack/fumble if it's Mahomes, Rodgers or whoever with the exact same defense? No. Bad QB play led to the turnover the rest was just your standard defensive effort.
The ball shouldn't have been gone before Wentz left the pocket if nobody was open. Surely you aren't suggesting rolling out of the pocket to avoid the rush is unacceptable for a QB. All QB's do that, and a heck of a lot of plays are made that way.

As for the most elite QBs being less likely to make a mistake, of course that's true. That's part of what makes them elite. But that doesn't change the fact that no QB is entirely immune from mistakes, and that any QB is more likely to make a mistake when the defense does a good job than when the defense does not.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lmao no it's not. I'd bet that 3/4 turnovers are the offense's fault. The idea of defenses "forcing" a turnover is mostly a myth. Here's a good example:

DL barely wins at the POA, and the RB runs into his own blocker. The defense didn't do anything to cause that.

You're entitled to your opinion.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I walk away for a bit to tend to life beyond Jerry's kids.....and this hasn't become the family friendly type thread it had all the potential to be....

Fwiw.....I love Wilson and wanted him playing when Garrett (sorry) was still here. I couldn't at all see why he slipped so far in the draft.

That said....I'm also not sure if he is as much the free spot on a bingo card that some tend to make him.

He played a handful of nice games when he had nothing to lose.

But those are September type concerns....it's June, and we are headed for an awesome season.

Nothing stops us, not even ourselves!

Roland

Reaction score
Throw the ball away.

I mean yes, it was defended well, but there's absolutely no reason for Wentz to hold the football that long.

Well I agree with the bolded, but two things one that.

One is that we always like to "grade" the Cowboys based on opponent quality - you can't play QB any worse than this. The other is that if you're dependent on the offense making a mistake to capitalize, then it's hard to call you a great player. It's basically my stance on safeties overall - that play doesn't exist without a huge failure from the quarterback.

My first though as well was " he had all day to throw the ball away". Good play by Wilson but that was all on Wentz

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You said it was a mistake to attribute the play to good defense … obviously that's not true. The fact that Wentz should have thrown the ball away doesn't change the fact that good defense has to get credit as well.
You see how quick he gets emotional? After I called him out for his feminine ways he was doing good. He's sliding back into darkness again smh.

fivetwos

Reaction score
That's exactly what good quarterbacks do - throw the ball away.
Wentz is a mess, but it wouldn't shock me if he turns it around in Indy.

That defense is legit.....and with some actual blocking Wentz just may be able to drive the bus.

They are a team no one is paying attention to but should.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Heath completing the strip/sack of Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs would have been a more celebrated event, had it happened. I still don't see how Rodgers managed to hold on to that ball.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Wentz is a mess, but it wouldn't shock me if he turns it around in Indy.

That defense is legit.....and with some actual blocking Wentz just may be able to drive the bus.

They are a team no one is paying attention to but should.
Maybe, I like Wentz in Indy, but they don't have very good weapons around him. The Eagles offense with Reich worked because they were so fast, but they don't have that in Indy. You don't win in this league without explosive plays.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I’m a big fan of beating the eagles. Not sure it happened the day of this play, but at least they won the play

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe, I like Wentz in Indy, but they don't have very good weapons around him. The Eagles offense with Reich worked because they were so fast, but they don't have that in Indy. You don't win in this league without explosive plays.
Actually they have some very good weapons. Legit running game. Pittman, Hilton, Pascal and Campbel. He has the tools to succeed and the offense.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Actually they have some very good weapons. Legit running game. Pittman, Hilton, Pascal and Campbel. He has the tools to succeed and the offense.
This is like the...25th best WR corps in the league and that might be generous. They do have the run game, but running doesn't really get you anywhere. The whole control the clock, play defense thing just doesn't work with any consistency in the NFL. The Bills playoff game last year is a perfect representation of that.