Greatest WR the cowboys have had

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The thread is about who you think was the greatest WR to play on the cowboys. Not who had the longest or greatest career with them, but the most skilled WR to put on the cowboys uniform.

I am only 38, but I do not think there has been anyone I have watched as good as T.O. He out ran, out muscled, out routed, got yak, had long td's, caught balls over the middle, and did it all at a high level. He would consistently get spacing behind and to the side of db's.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well put it this way.
Michael Irvin was the only WR that beat the player who is considered one of the best if not the best CB ever, Deion Sanders. And he did it consistently.
Maybe a few a few of you heard of him. :laugh:

And before Deion he consistently beat Darrell Green, who was the Deion before Deion.

817Gill

Reaction score
The thread is about who you think was the greatest WR to play on the cowboys. Not who had the longest or greatest career with them, but the most skilled WR to put on the cowboys uniform.

I am only 38, but I do not think there has been anyone I have watched as good as T.O. He out ran, out muscled, out routed, got yak, had long td's, caught balls over the middle, and did it all at a high level. He would consistently get spacing behind and to the side of db's.
TO is my all time favorite and I have him right behind Jerry (though I never watched prime Jerry) and right in front of Moss who I think could have produced more given his all-time great physical gifts.

Mannix

Reaction score
I think I have to say bullet Bob Hayes was the greatest cowboy receiver.

Maybe because I watched him in my youth and the Cowboys were such a great team then.
But he changed the game he was just so fast.
I feel like he made a bigger impact than anyone else in my memory.
Tipped off running plays all game long in the Ice Bowl because his hands were cold...that eliminates him from consideration.

Big D

Reaction score
giphy.gif

starfan1

Reaction score
Irvin and T.O without a doubt would be mine.I didn’t get to watch Bob Hayes much as I was too young. Drew was a baller but the 2 I mentioned had a skill set superior to Drew

Dez dropped too many passes for my liking and was a bit of a head case but he was good too