Greatest WR the cowboys have had

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It was a tie between Bob Hayes and Michael Irvin. :flagwave:

Hayes had great speed and Irvin, the great consistency.

If a close 2nd is permitted, credit goes to Drew Pearson.

Last edited:

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
TO and Irvin. I think Irvin was better for the team…..ultimate teammate, still get u 100 catches and 1000+ years with everything from deep balls to comebacks to everything inbetween. TO was a better player overall I think (strength and speed), but he wasn’t the driving force and teammate Irvin was.

slick325

Reaction score
Well put it this way.
Michael Irvin was the only WR that beat the player who is considered one of the best if not the best CB ever, Deion Sanders. And he did it consistently.
Maybe a few a few of you heard of him. :laugh:

And before Deion he consistently beat Darrell Green, who was the Deion before Deion.

And he beat Rod wide out. On top of the other two HOF corners Jazz mentioned.

I say Irv is the best Cowboys wideout.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Tipped off running plays all game long in the Ice Bowl because his hands were cold...that eliminates him from consideration.
You just got to bring that game up played in Siberia of the United States and piss me off on a Sunday morning .

That was an extenuating circumstance to say the least Bob Hayes change the way football was played like no other receiver

tunahelper

Reaction score
I like this list, but I think Tony Hill deserves to be in the top 5. He had a longer run as being an elite receiver than Dez, and longevity in a cowboy uniform over the 3 year stretch of TO make me want to include Hill.

hmmmmm........Replace Dez with Hill at #5
Jimmy Smith allowed on the list?

Macnalty

Reaction score
The best pure catcher of the ball, not a route runner, not even close is DEZ before the foot injury
The best game changer when weather is not a factor is Bob Hayes
Best teammate and leader with excellent WR skills, Irvin
Best route runner Cooper
TO had mad skills but he was more of an obstacle sometimes for the offense. my two cents

Ceede Lamb still on the path IMO for best slot receiver

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Irvin would always be #1 in my book. But it is too bad that Miles Austin got all those Ham String injuries. It was like when TO left us, I was so down because it didn't seem like we had a #1 receiver for awhile. On this board there were many who marveled at his speed back in 2007 but then it took a bit for him to develop. I think if it wasn't for all those Hamstring problems that made him disappear later in his career, he would've been better than TO for the Cowboys. Not saying a better career than TO, but while he was at the cowboys, if the hamstrings had not slowed him down. I'd take Peak Miles with Romo over TO while at the Cowboys or Dez with Romo.