Greatest WR the cowboys have had

Big_D

Reaction score
Again, read the post. I said if accomplishments were not considered.

It's a criticism of Cooper not a compliment. I'm calling him a massive underachiever.

Also read the comment about what if Cooper had Mike Irvin's competitive drive.

Maybe I read it wrong but it seemed like you were trying to straddle the fence. He didn’t have the stats or the drive/but imagine if he did? The over rating of Amari Coopers route running is reaching legendary status. These are hall of fame players who were better across the board. Underachiever, yes we absolutely agree there, but those intangibles we wish he had.. You can say that about most players who underachieve!

kskboys

Reaction score
I was first going to say M. Irvin. But then I searched the archives and stat books and confirmed that only one Cowboys' receiver ever landed Joey Heatherton.

So, it's Lance Rentzel.

Joey-Heatherton-with-her-ex-husband.jpg
How did he attract her, by flashing her???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
demons?? the guy didn't drink or a party at all was very health conscious and was into shape 100% of the time. you call being drama queens like many diva WRs including Irving and Dez , that demon? no thats common. throw me the damn Ball Keyshon says it all.

TO never got in trouble or had bad press for demons LOL just sideline antics.
And dropped a ton of key passes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McKDaddy

Reaction score
demons?? the guy didn't drink or a party at all was very health conscious and was into shape 100% of the time. you call being drama queens like many diva WRs including Irving and Dez , that demon? no thats common. throw me the damn Ball Keyshon says it all.

TO never got in trouble or had bad press for demons LOL just sideline antics.

He has well documented mental health issues which are the root of him destroying relationships. He wasn't being a diva, his issues caused him to think folks were against him or out to get him.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Irvin
Drew
Dez
Harper
Amari
Terry Glenn— This guys was something else.
T.O

links18

Reaction score
Irvin
TO
Pearson
Dez
Alvin Harper
Tony Hill
Terry Glenn

bigE79

Reaction score
The thread is about who you think was the greatest WR to play on the cowboys. Not who had the longest or greatest career with them, but the most skilled WR to put on the cowboys uniform.

I am only 38, but I do not think there has been anyone I have watched as good as T.O. He out ran, out muscled, out routed, got yak, had long td's, caught balls over the middle, and did it all at a high level. He would consistently get spacing behind and to the side of db's.
Imo,for the time I've been a cowboy fan,it's Drew Pearson for me.

Legend

Reaction score
Irvin.

The Chiefs had the best record in the NFL and Dale Carter was shutting down WRs.

Unlike the Cowboys WRs last week against Slay; Irvin came out and embarrassed Dale Carter during the first quarter with almost 100 receiving yards

Carter was later ejected from the game

cavemanct

Reaction score
Michael Irvin and Hayes are top 2. If Irvin didn't get hurt he would have done more. He took over games

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe I read it wrong but it seemed like you were trying to straddle the fence. He didn’t have the stats or the drive/but imagine if he did? The over rating of Amari Coopers route running is reaching legendary status. These are hall of fame players who were better across the board. Underachiever, yes we absolutely agree there, but those intangibles we wish he had.. You can say that about most players who underachieve![/QUOTE
Yes, maybe I could have worded it more clearly.

My point was strictly about his unique physical ability. Basically if Cole Beasley was 6-1, 210.

links18

Reaction score
Irvin.

The Chiefs had the best record in the NFL and Dale Carter was shutting down WRs.

Unlike the Cowboys WRs last week against Slay; Irvin came out and embarrassed Dale Carter during the first quarter with almost 100 receiving yards

Carter was later ejected from the game

Why on earth was there a Chiefs goal post in our stadium?